Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well, that was unpleasant.... (Masterwork DF)  (Read 8287 times)

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that was unpleasant.... (Masterwork DF)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 09:46:06 am »

What is this masterwork I hear of?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 09:47:22 am »

Its a huge pile of Mods, content, evil things and carp gods. Highly dwarfish. Look at the mod section of the forum, its like the biggest thread there ;)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 09:54:55 am »

Holy shit, I never payed much attention to Masterwork, but I think I might give it a shot.
EDIT-Gotta put a rain check on that, I don't feel like redownloading and then uninstalling winrar. Why do people put up RAR files when zip is so much simpler?
Masterwork is a simply huge package. As a a matter of fact, Meph took out thte musci file to save space because the package was too big.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 10:30:02 am »

Holy shit, I never payed much attention to Masterwork, but I think I might give it a shot.
EDIT-Gotta put a rain check on that, I don't feel like redownloading and then uninstalling winrar. Why do people put up RAR files when zip is so much simpler?
get 7-Zip to take care of all your un-archiving needs.
http://www.7-zip.org/
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 10:42:53 am »

8)

@orius: The threat should be over, with only one original survivor the cult is probably not in your fortress anymore.

@rest: Read this: The Purging of Shieldfrenzy, which is another story about the cult.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 10:58:38 am »

8)

@orius: The threat should be over, with only one original survivor the cult is probably not in your fortress anymore.

It would be EPIC, if his last survivor WAS the leader, and he survived because of that. Shit, i see a awesome story aproaching :D

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

get 7-Zip to take care of all your un-archiving needs.
http://www.7-zip.org/
Thank. You. I'm genning a world now.  ;)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Veetor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 12:40:58 pm »

Awesome this mod is. Sad that it is not vanilla.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 04:09:08 pm »

Well, guess what?

ITS NOT OVER. You still have the carp cult leader in your fort. He will keep recruiting for dwarves to become carp beasts. And if you attempt to root him out, what do you get? Every single cultist turns at once.

Unless the carp thing killed him, but you still get more from migration waves.

8)

Yes, I suspect as much.  There's a decent chance the cult leader was killed during the rampage.  However, there's also the possibility that the cult leader was the expedition leader, who was the only survivor, meaning the threat is still around.  It's been nearly a year in game now, though, and there's no new activity, though the expedition leader was in the hospital for several months.  I'm keeping some of the gamelogs around in case this can make for an epic story.

I also got a siege going on somewhere.  However, the game focused in on the first cavern after the siege message appeared, and that's not been explored much.  I just pierced the cavern and sealed it up for exploratory purposes.  So I'm guessing the invaders are hanging around the edge of the map because there's no way for them to path to the fort, and I don't have the edges revealed yet.  Possibly they'll go away before too long.

Masterwork is quickly becoming more and more popular on the DF forums. Im loving it; it really is superior in nearly every way to Vanilla DF.

Probably because there's a lot of very good ideas, and many parts of the mod can be turned on and off so users can experience what aspects they want.

Also, beer rain.

Why do people put up RAR files when zip is so much simpler?

RAR compresses files more than a zip file can.  It makes little difference if it's not a big file, but for larger files, the compression makes the RAR package smaller than a zip can.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 08:08:15 am »

Goddamn nightmares:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One fireball did that.  Killed a war dog, wiped out my lumber yard.  That dwarf standing there was on fire, so I did the right thing and sealed up my fort so she wouldn't run inside and start fires.  She survived, just got her head melted.  It should be fireproof now.  Unfortunately, there was another dorf inside who was already on fire so closing things off didn't really help much, and guess where he decided to go?  At least only a couple of barrels of booze exploded so I got lucky there.  Also, I wanted to make sure the fire reached the brook first, so the dorfs wouldn't run out there to get water or something and get lit up.  And yup, as soon as I finally did open the gate, a bunch of them ran down there to wash.

Are good biomes supposed to look like this?

Fortressdeath

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:16 am »

Yes, they are actually supposed to look like the backyard of Boatmurdered. Thats the only look that is appropriate for those elf-pested regions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 11:32:46 am »

Well, at least the giant dwarf looks happy enough ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 11:37:55 am »

Well, at least the giant dwarf looks happy enough ;)

He likes the smell of Trees (burning) in the morning

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »

Yeah, the nightmares are being a total serious pain in the ass.  I really should have put more effort into setting up my militia, but one problem I had was trying to figure out the iron smelting changes.  I couldn't figure out why the crucible wasn't refining the crude iron, until I saw that the TrueType bug had struck once again and totally concealed the fact that the job was on suspend.  I got dorfs with no jobs standing around doing nothing, and when I stick them in an industry to get something done, the little bastards go on break.  You shits.  You've had no job for several months and as soon as I tell you do something I need done badly you need a fucking break?!  Some of this is probably because I dragged my feet setting up some industries and should have designed things more efficiently.

The mysterious besiegers below were apparently antmen, since they appeared on my civ screen.  They showed up again, but I don't know what they expect to do, there's still no way in for them.  They did do me a favor by exterminating the two FBs that took up residence down there though.  Also had a griffon show up topside which was more annoying, it killed a couple of dorfs outside, but finally it crawled into my entrance tunnel where I quickly dispatched it with some speardwarves and the two iron golems that some of the immigrants brought.  The nightmares though are being a complete pain in the ass, flying around everywhere, scaring the dwarves and cancelling jobs, and throwing fireballs around to add to the !!FUN!!.  I need to shoot them down soon.

Fortressdeath
Pages: 1 [2]