Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do I take down necromancer towers?  (Read 3558 times)

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I take down necromancer towers?
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:23:49 pm »

The first floor is completely fine, but when I climb the stairs of fate, some random zombie knocks me down it and it and it's friends in mauling decide its a lovely day for a picnic, and decide on eating my intestines. Help.

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I take down necromancer towers?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:28:45 pm »

It took me.. about an hour or so.. and several attempts..

But what I did was, I tried my best to lead the zombies out of the tower, Run around it and slowly kill them by throwing shit, And shooting the cbow.. then running back in, to grab some more zombies. and repeat.. This tower was packed to the brim with the fking things.

Another issue, is once the necro's go outside, and see the corpses. They will raise them. And the problems become worse.

You will want to have as much speed as possible, Carry as little weight, Or. store all of your essentials outside of the fort, and within reach.

I had weapons spread all over the place to throw at them..

To get them out. Try using companions, Or shoot them from the floor your on,(If you can)

Other then that.. Get your stats up and some gear.
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

Stealth can work here. Zombies are not terribly perceptive. You have a fair chance of sneaking it, choking out a necromancer and slitting his throat. Then walk from zombie to zombie knocking them over. The downside is if you do get spotted you're in the middle of a room full of zombies. You may not even get another action until all your limbs are broken.

If you leave for a while (sleep or fast travel might be required) necromancers from the top floors will move down sorta osmotically. So you can repeat Capraelis tactic suggested above for dealing with the first floor.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:39:23 pm »

Make sure to drag the zombie corpses away from the tower, so the Necromancer doesn't just make them all stand up again.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 07:48:19 pm »

Just sneak and lie down, if you skill is competend or so, it should be no prob.
Just focus your fire on the necros, they are identical to regulair peasants, eccept they can raise the dead, and are necrophilic.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:14 pm »

I've suggested this several times and I always will: zombies ignore vampires. Free ticket to the top of the tower.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04:33 pm »

Well yes, they also ignore you if your'e a necromancer too. But both have drawbacks not everyone is up for.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »

The first floor is completely fine, but when I climb the stairs of fate, some random zombie knocks me down it and it and it's friends in mauling decide its a lovely day for a picnic, and decide on eating my intestines. Help.

I can only assume you would be having trouble here if there is a hatch cover over the stairs. If this is the case then quite literally you might be screwed regardless of what you do since you would need to go up the stairs if you wanted to continue up the tower - unless you become a vampire in which case the only thing you'll have to worry about is if the Necromancer's decide to be hostile to you.

Now, if it is a case that your approaching a stairs without a hatch cover, then the best advice I can offer is to go to the stair - LOOK UP THE STAIR TO SEE IF ANY ZOMBIES OR NECROMANCER MIGHT BE THERE, and then if there are just run them outside or wait for them to come down (if you can see them then they sure as HFS see you), if not then run up the stairs while stealthed to judge the situation and decide your next move (unless you get seen, then your situation will be to run back down the stairs immediately).
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:46 pm »

No including reanimation, do the zombies respawn? Because everytime I come back, I still see all the (dead?) zombies on the floor along with new ones.

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:09 pm »

I just want to say, I love all of you. Not like that, but yeah. Now how do I read things?

Sparkle_Motion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 01:26:36 pm »

To read books, pick them up and then nteract with them. Then press [a] and you'll read them. If it's the right type of book, you'll get a notification that you've learned how to reanimate stuff.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 01:34:11 pm »

Well yes, they also ignore you if your'e a necromancer too. But both have drawbacks not everyone is up for.

There really aren't many drawbacks to being a necromancer.  :-\ I mean, traveling with a zombie horde can make markets really messy, but it's not hard to ditch them before heading into town.

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:57 pm »

** You need novice in reading to do it.. So, be prepared to restart your adventurer :D

And.. Killing a single cat, To cause hundreds of other animals to come after you. Killing them, Raising there corpses.
And repeating till everything is killed and you have a army of a few hundred half dead looking animals. Is probably the best thing you could do as a necromancer.

It took so long to kill everything, Mainly because of the 2-5 pages of combat logs you need to get through for every step you take.

But its really fun.
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 11:07:21 pm »

Catacombs are also !FUN!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 02:10:32 am »

I've created an adventurer to become a vampire, filling some waterskins with vampire blood in the process, and then retrieve a tome of life and death. Those items are then left for future adventurers to use. Operation "cram husk goo in a bag" hasn't worked so far, only because I've never seen mists etc. as an adventurer.
Pages: [1] 2