Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is best? Iron cap or bronze helm.  (Read 7982 times)

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is best? Iron cap or bronze helm.
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:55:57 am »

Apparently, i have to choose, so which one is better, iron cap or bronze helmet?

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is best? Iron cap or bronze helm.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:16:58 am »

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:09 am »

Actually, the Bronze Helm is better, less so due to it's Material Quality. Helm's provide 100% protection, Caps only provide 50% protection. Even if you were comparing a Steel Cap to a Copper Helm, the Copper Helm would likely be better because it provides full protection (And thus you can worry less about that zombie fist hitting you in the head, smashing the jaw through your brain and the like).
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 11:05:09 am »

Yes, that research suggests that iron and bronze are pretty similar performance wise. But helms cover more of your head, and don't weigh that much. Helm every time if you have a choice. Add a few hoods too.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 11:26:46 am »

K thanks

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »

You can, iirc, wear a helm over a cap.  If you can, do that.  Layers of armor are always best.

Sorry, a quick wiki check reveals that no, you cannot wear both cap and helm.  You can, however, wear a helm and six hoods.

Wiki page.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of the two you mentioned, I'd stick with the helm.  Better coverage outweighs the marginal differences in material.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:12:44 am »

You can, iirc, wear a helm over a cap.  If you can, do that.  Layers of armor are always best.

Sorry, a quick wiki check reveals that no, you cannot wear both cap and helm.  You can, however, wear a helm and six hoods.

Wiki page.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of the two you mentioned, I'd stick with the helm.  Better coverage outweighs the marginal differences in material.

Epic :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:36:19 pm by Meistermoxx »