Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131297 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Autumn 937 AAL
« Reply #1215 on: October 13, 2012, 07:03:44 am »

((Mesor there is no need to roll for that...if you want to talk to me just roleplay it out that you come to me...))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 13, 2012, 07:46:05 am »

(( Was thinking of the armorer bit :). I need to sell your now unconscious guards armor he can get more if you decide to keep a guard who just got knocked out cold by a guy he was behind without using a weapon, with 1 hand. But what the hell I guess that can wait until later. ))

Continue my walk through the town until I arrive at the palace, walk into the palace and bang on the door of the room he is in shouting.

"Get out here Lord Stonewood I do not take kindly to having morons sent to arrest me. If you don't come out I will come in through your guards."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:49:33 am by mesor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 13, 2012, 08:50:51 am »

Lord Stonewood comes indeed out. Behind him his Personal guard fanning out in the yard and surrounding the poor fool, challenging a lord. Still wearing the rusted mail and the faded tunic, his face showing...amusement.

And who might that be, screaming and strutting about like a rooster? You commoner seem to be a bit misguided in thinking that you can insult a Marquis. Arrest him. If he proves too much of an effort just kill him, i've got better things to do then get insulted by random commoners. How did hhe get in here in the first place?

Lord Stonewood orders his Men to arrest the strange commoner. If he proves to be dangerous they are free to kill him
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:59:34 am by Ghazkull »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55:43 am »

Swat the guards hands away and throw the previous guards armor at the marquis feet.

"That was quite simple your guards are far to slow, They may prove very effective in a battle but they are pore protection against once such as myself.
Now I am here because one of your foolish guards tried to arrest me, He is currently taking a nap in a street not far from here and if these guards try to touch me again at least one of them will be dieing with me.
I have no intention of attacking so they have no need to detain me but if they try I swear I'm going to kill them all.
"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:19:21 am by mesor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 13, 2012, 09:34:05 am »

I don't think so...

with a lazy wave of his hand the guards advance, weapons drawn.

Guards are to either kill or decapitate that uppity commoner. Either way, Harald will hang a noose around the man's throat attach it to his horse, and ride through the streets. The remains will be hanged from the Gate for public viewing.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:35 am »

Slip out of the guards circle with a sigh and vanish back into the city, fire one arrow through the throat of the guard closest to the marquis on the way out.

"Such a shame and here I thought we could be of use to each other."

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:40:48 am by mesor »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 13, 2012, 10:06:48 am »

Swat the guards hands away and throw the previous guards armor at the marquis feet.

"That was quite simple your guards are far to slow, They may prove very effective in a battle but they are pore protection against once such as myself.
Now I am here because one of your foolish guards tried to arrest me, He is currently taking a nap in a street not far from here and if these guards try to touch me again at least one of them will be dieing with me.
I have no intention of attacking so they have no need to detain me but if they try I swear I'm going to kill them all.
"

Unsurprisingly, Lord Stonewood's guards are unimpressed by your argument and draw their swords, holding their attack momentarily for confirmation from their lord.  They outnumber you [3] three to one and are [4-1] well armed and armoured, though they display no expertise with their weapons.  Perhaps boasting of your skill and displaying evidence of having beaten one of the close comrades of the Hangman's personal guard was not the sharpest idea.

Lord Stonewood gives the command, and the game is afoot.

[This battle has been re-rolled due to the GM failing to take into account certain mechanical conditions.  See below.]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:36:18 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 13, 2012, 10:09:18 am »

Tare a strip off my clothes and tie it tightly around the new wound then vanish into the back streets searching for a way to slip out of the city

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 13, 2012, 10:14:35 am »

-Ignore-
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:38:53 am by Ghazkull »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28:59 am »

Press down into the low lands after putting the horse down and hiding the bodies, giving the rider's weapons to Tess and Lock(his two companions). Head to Stormstead. Use the wooden pikes if there's a fight and send the others on forward if the riders' attention is focused on himself.

The lowlands were left mostly unaffected by the war. Untouched by raiders from either side, the peasants managed to remain somewhat prosperous. [4] The road to Stormstead is also relatively peaceful; although dozens of messengers were intercepted by Richard's intelligence system, banditry remained quite scarce along the roads, due to increased patrols and decrease of trade. You even meet a few bands of soldiers on your way to the Capital, tasked with dealing with any deserters or troublemakers exploiting these dark times. [4+1] That and the relatively good weather allow you to quickly travel to Stormstead without any interruption.

[6] The Capital is another matter. Although the levies have been disbanded a few days past now, the royal army remains in the capital, waiting from further orders from the Prince, who is apparently still dealing with a few matters with Edgard. When you try to approach the town, you are chased off - the soldiers are trying to limit the number of travelers coming and going in the city, in order to slow down the spread of the Grey Death, and much mistrust has started growing since evidence of Albert's poisoning started appearing. Since you are not a merchant nor someone living near who could be looking for something to buy, they figure you're up to no good; a few benevolent soldiers recommend the huge Altaregia or the extremely active Arborvent if you're looking for a job, and the others just tell you to bugger off.

You could try to infiltrate the town, announce your true identity, disguise yourself as a merchant or simply give up and live out your days as a farmer. The choice is yours.

[1] Of course, there is still the problem of the men chasing you.  You escaped the foothills of the Red Spear, but as soon as the guards turn you away you sight horsemen on the horizon.  The cavalier you killed must have sent word to his comrades about your discovery.

You don't know if they've spotted you, but the North Stormstead plains are an invitation for disaster.  You need to get into the city somehow, or it's only a matter of time before the cavaliers catch up with you.

Quote from: Scout Report for Regent Edgard
Unheraldried cavaliers have been spotted in the plains north of Stormstead, apparently hunting something or someone.  They have made no effort to reveal their identities.

In the North...

You, Sigurd and your men enter the Jarl's longhouse, an extended barrow at the top of the hill-fort around which this city was built.  News of your arrival preceded you, and two rows of housecarls stand ready with their weapons before Jarl Erik's high seat.  The Jarl himself, a man some ten winters older than Sigurd, sits on the high wooden chair and looks coldly upon your approach.  Grey streaks his golden beard and his hair has paled to the colour of straw.  He wears a crown, a simple bronze circlet, and long fur robes.

"The exile comes to challenge for his right to live?" demands Erik in a thick Haegar tongue.

"The jarl comes to challenge for his right to rule!" responds Sigurd in kind.

"I see no right to rule, exile!  You have brought outsiders to our hall, against the Kraken's Compact!"

"These men are Haegar by blood and birth, though they were raised beyond our lands.  They know only as much as they needed to.  Their jarl took me into his home as one jarl to another.  He gave me these men, and I gave him honour as payment.  I would have you join me again, Erik, as my second.  I would have you come to the Adran lands."

"To live as one of the low scum?"  Erik spits.

"To war, Erik!  This Jarl would invite us in, assist us in pillage!  How many winters have we struggled, without slaves, without geld from slave peoples?  We shall not break the Compact in war, but war we must!  The low men are weak, crippled!  They war among themselves and their lands lie ripe for the raping!"

"Enoguh!" declared Erik.  "I have heard too much.  You would go against the Compact, I fear.  I love you, cousin, but love can extend only so far.  I challenge you, Kraken's arm to Kraken's arm, for your life, and I challenge this low-raised filth as well!  Let the gods decide the true course as only they can!"

The Jarl shrugs away his cloak to reveal good mail beneath, stolen from some Adran lord.  His housecarls hand him a rune-struck axe and shield, clearing a space in the centre of the longhouse for him to fight.  Both you and Sigurd and shoved into the centre by dozens of carls.

Both of you have been challenged to combat.  If you go first to fight, your blood means you might well take leadership of the city instead of Sigurd.  You might also die.  If Sigurd fights first and weakens the Jarl, you will at least have a stronger chance of beating him - but Sigurd will reclaim his throne if he wins.  The choice is yours.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 13, 2012, 10:44:12 am »

Wang: +2 Bow, +1 Skill, +1 Armour (missile) | +1 Weapon, +1 Armour (melee)  3/3hp.
Guards: +1 Weapon, +1 Armour, +1 Numbers (battle & escape checks), 3/3hp.

[6+1 vs 5] You draw your bow and fire, taking one of the guards out immediately with an arrow to the throat.  As he falls, his comrades rush past him in chase.  [1 vs 2+1 Escape!]  One of the guards tackles you as you try to flee; you hit the ground and draw your dagger with your free hand.  [6 vs 6+1] The other guard stabs down at you in the tackle; you roll away but the blade slashes your leg.  Blood seeps over your armour, your thigh stings.  [1 vs 3+1 Escape!]  [2 vs 5+1]  You try and drag yourself to your feet but the guard on the ground drags you down to the ground again.  His comrade takes a second aim and stabs down at your chest; the sword luckily catches on a rib and breaks it, but does not immediately kill you.  [2 vs 2+1 Escape!]  [2 vs 6+1]

You raise your hands in a futile attempt to stop the blow; they do nothing.  The sword smashes through your ribcage, shattering your heart.  You struggle to breathe as shadows cloud your vision, blood flooding out of your chest.  You try to raise your weapons, but they do not move.  You head lolls to the side and you see, of all things, a badger in the corner of the room.  She stares at you, almost sadly, as the world fades.

Lucian Wang has been killed.  His bow has been claimed by Lord Stonewood.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 13, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

Try the lower areas of the Temple. Talk to the lower-ranking servants of Liodnya and try to keep an ear open for rumours and hearsay.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 13, 2012, 10:53:11 am »

At the sound of the battle, Richard rushed to the courtyard with a few of his guards, equipped with a bow but otherwise unarmed and unarmored. Once there, he froze, and manifested his opinion on the situation.

"What the hell happened here? What's this mess all about, Harald?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 13, 2012, 10:53:29 am »

Edgard rushed to the courtyard of the keep, hearing lot of noise and disruption. The regent saw guards hacking away at some commoner.

"What is going on! Harald? Who is this man and what did he do to deserve to be killed? You know i can't have you hacking away at commoners, all the time, its bad enough they call you "butcher" and "hangman" on the streets."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 13, 2012, 10:57:21 am »

Good job. Look that the Dead get a proper burial and hang this...filfth in front of the Gate.

Harald bowed down and grabbed the bow. His men had looked greedly at it. Seems like it was a good one. Harald had never been an good archer nor had he had any greater experience with the quality of such things. He turned around.

That crazed bastard came in here, claimed to have knocked out one of my guards and threatened to kill me and my men. WHen i told them to apprehend him he drew his bow and started killing...luckily my men were quick enough to take care of him. My Prince you might be interested in this

He held out the bow to Richard.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 101