Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131483 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Autumn 937 AAL
« Reply #960 on: September 15, 2012, 09:53:24 am »

"If there had been infected amongst Jitpau's mob, there would have been more than only one man falling ill! Half the city would be infected by now! Albert isn't the only one who interacted with the mob or Jitpau - I did, for one thing, and so did numerous guards, peasants, merchants, priests and inquisitors. Yet only Albert falls ill - what are the odds of that happening? He's the King of Windheath, you can be sure as hell he has a better personal hygiene than the city's working class!"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 15, 2012, 09:55:52 am »

Good i accept that. Let's say Albert has in fact been poisoned,infected or cursed with full intent. Why should Edgard do this? Do you have any tangible proof?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 15, 2012, 10:05:12 am »

Richard smiled at the question.

"I have two theories on why he did this, Harald. Either he wants the throne - I will remind you that he spent the year securing alliances in the West and trying to become Charles' friend - as a Regent, he could invite troops from Arendalis to come over here and order our forces to surrender once they arrive, thus granting him a bloodless victory - and a bloodless coup, which would make his claim to the throne stronger.

If he is not so ambitious and dishonorable, then the other possibility would be that Albert told it to stop certain activities and he didn't like the sound of that. Again, he spent the year acting independently of the King's will, securing alliances, encouraging the raising of troops, trying to increase his power in foreign nations. Perhaps Albert simply put his foot down and told him to stop - and Edgard poisoned him, thus making himself Regent. That way, there's no one to tell him he cannot do certain things; and he can finally start a war with the neighbors, something which I suspect he has been trying to do for a long time.

But you are right - I have no proof. Which is why I do not intend to kill anybody if it can be avoided. If I was out for blood, I would have taken Stormstead before anyone had called any levies, executed Edgard and proclaimed myself Regent. Instead, I want to create a council of nobles, in which all the major nobles of the Kingdom will have a  say - and a veto right. It seems wise to limit the Regent's power, due to the... Suspicious circumstances of Albert's illness. However, this may end in a battlefield, if too many nobles rally around him."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 15, 2012, 10:10:34 am »

So we can come to the conclusion, that if Edgard allows the establishment of a Council of Nobles, you will remove the army you have assembled and let the case drop till we have found a cure for the Grey Death?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 15, 2012, 10:12:08 am »

"I want the whole council to have equal power, Harald - I don't want a band of sycophants whose main job is to nod when Edgard speaks... But yes, that's what I am looking for."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:48 am »

Then i will relay this to Arborvent and see if he agrees to it. And hopefully we can get to do something about that plague...i bid my leave my Prince

Harald turned around and left the tent. His horse was a pale mare as gaunt as him, though she had more in herself than the first look allowed.

Back in his camp, Harald immediately sent out a messenger with a letter.

Harald Returns to his Troops and Crownwater Bridge and sends a letter informing Duc Arborvent about the Prince's conditions

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:11 pm »

Edgard looked forward to meeting with Osir. He did not like his suggestion however.

" My dear Osir, if I were anywhere close to Richard in my character or temperament, You would be struck down for this mere suggestion. If I were anywhere close to the "snake" that everyone in the kingdom seems to think that I am, I would accept your suggestion without hesitation. One thing everoyne keeps forgetting is that I am neither a snake, nor a hot-headed youngster. While I revile the idea of inviting a foreing power, no one would bat an eye at a random Haegar invasion however... I beleive we have to explore this possibility, altough I am rather hesitant of inviting a foreign invasino to help out our gdomestic crisis.
How likely would it be for you to make it seem like a random act unnconected with me? If the risk is too high, I will be forced to decline."

-------------------------
Edgard was already tired of everyone banging on his doors, calls for troops, help, to resist or to desit. Fust was the last perosn he wanted to hear.
He made a point in slamming down his fork on the table, but managed to preserve somewhat calm voice and expression.

"Aren't you a brilliant little Fool, my dear Fust? Roaming the castle, gloating over the now troubled nobles... Here to cheer me up? Or did you just come to make fun of me?

He paused for a second, chewing on the words of the Fool.
"While youe singing gives me a headache, the words themselves are a balm for my ears.
I would be most interested in finding out what is going on in Altaregia, and what the people and the petty nobility gathered by Richard there think of the situation. I would not mind a few rumours about Richard being spread there and here too...."

Edgard took a drink from his goblet.

"As for your reward... Your family held some land somewhere South, am I correct? As far as I can remember, your family's inheritance was lost to the duchy of Altaregia - held by no one other than our dear crown prince. As long as you continue to undermine him and help to end this silly conflict, I will restore your family's inheritance and hand over 2 parcels of Altareiga's land to you, alongise with your familial title of comte. Thats th least i can do for my southern countryman."

--------------------------
Regent's doors were almost constantly open, one person after another coming in and asking or delivering news to the Regent. Ril was let in without any delay.

"Yes, what did you wa... Oh, its you. You are back from Donnerstein. Any news? Forgive me for my rather abrupt manner, I have done more work over the lest week than I've done as a treasurer in the past year."
Edgard did not expect a positive answer. But any news was better than no news. He needed to know everytihng that was happening, even if he was growing sick of it.

--------------------------------------
In a series of endless meetings and various personas, Edgard decided to call up the "Prophet" to discuss the issues at hand. The regent had to speed up several things in order to put down this ridiculous rebelion.

"My wise man, I have a request to make. I know we are at creossroads now and face a difficult situation, but would you be able to bless me and my wives, as we take up our vows? I am asking you to conductut our marriage ceremony, here in the capital. No doubt you heard of my four brides, and i need you to complete the ceremony. I would also like to invite you to regency council of mine and come up with some way of curing the king or at least proving to everyone that he was not poisoned.""

--------------------------------------------
Egard's Letters...

Spoiler: To Harald (click to show/hide)

A bunch of letters is sent in a boat up the arendalis to Edgard's in-laws to be...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:11:39 am by Ardas »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 15, 2012, 01:49:30 pm »

An hour later...

After waiting outside the place Aveline told her, he saw Saer Talinth. Not that hard to find, considering his White Worg follows him everywhere.

"Greetings, Saer Talinth. Can we discuss a little business?"

The blacksmith had realized some Bravos had been tailing him, but he thought it was polite not to ask about it in the palace. After all, he had been the last one to report to the King before he fell ill, which was more than enough reason for raising suspicious about his allegiance and honesty.

And he also had noticed the approach of the quiet man who stood by his door. To be fair, his worg friend managed to discover it first, growling softly as the man moved towards the place the Talinth has been living. At the very least, assassinating someone with a worg as a friend and bodyguard would prove very difficult. Luckily for the scheming people of Windheath, the important figures never had such a creature by their side.

"Greetings, Sir. What are those business?" he asks, Sahainn by his side, fully armored and his gait the same light, confident step as always, the worg's fluff around his greaves muffling some of the sound caused by the armor.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:37:10 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »

----

Richard sends scouts in Arborvent to check what regiments are guarding the city (not an actual regiment, sadly, so no bonus)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 15, 2012, 03:34:26 pm »

Train charisma with a courtier for the previous season.
Train charisma with a courtier for the current season.
Raise a PG for the previous season.
Raise an infantry regiment for the previous season (-1d)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 15, 2012, 03:36:45 pm »

In a series of endless meetings and various personas, Edgard decided to call up the "Prophet" to discuss the issues at hand. The regent had to speed up several things in order to put down this ridiculous rebelion.

"My wise man, I have a request to make. I know we are at creossroads now and face a difficult situation, but would you be able to bless me and my wives, as we take up our vows? I am asking you to conductut our marriage ceremony, here in the capital. No doubt you heard of my four brides, and i need you to complete the ceremony. I would also like to invite you to regency council of mine and come up with some way of curing the king or at least proving to everyone that he was not poisoned.""
"...it would not be fitting to marry in a time of trouble such as this, Edgard. This is a time for politics and war, not merrymaking. I cannot in good conscience perform a marriage ceremony whilst civil war brews.
I will attend your council, and give my advice. We should not be fighting amongst ourselves, not whilst plague and demons stalk the land. The faster this situation is under control, the better.
That said, whilst I understand you cannot go in person, might I ask if you could at least spare a messenger to take my request to Varahan? The sooner I get a reply, the sooner the people will learn the Truth; the sooner the Gods will favour them. Divine favour might be useful in these dark times."

Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:37 pm »

Spoiler:  Letter to Richard (click to show/hide)

With this letter written, Harald gave orders to retreat to the Capital.

move with all four Regiments to Stormstead.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 15, 2012, 03:57:56 pm »

Meeting with Jitpau...

"I understand your concerns. It is a matter of political issue however, and I must tie the knot in order to secure troops against Richard. But I won't force you to do anything that displeases the gods.
Right now I am waiting for nobility to gather up in the city so we can arrange a proper council and force Richard ot concede, without bloodshed spilt. I will ask you again to provide some expertise in regard to king's ilness and to ensure that he was not poisoned.
As for a messenger, I will do that. i have just the person and he will carry out the request as soo nas possible. I would also like to ask of you to send out a message to all of the believers in the country to cease fighting and supporting prince Richard. He is the single cause of all this, and I wish he would see the path to the right action."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:42:30 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 15, 2012, 04:11:07 pm »

Spoiler: Letter to Harald (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 15, 2012, 05:17:02 pm »

Meeting with Jitpau...

"I understand your concerns. It is a matter of political issue however, and I must tie the knot in order to secure troops against Richard. But I won't force you to do anything that displeases the gods.
Right now I am waiting for nobility to gather up in the city so we can arrange a proper council and force Richard ot concede, without bloodshed spilt. I will ask you again to provide some expertise in regard to king's ilness and to ensure that he was not poisoned.
As for a messenger, I will do that. i have just the person and he will carry out the request as soo nas possible. I would also like to ask of you to send out a message to all of the believers in the country to cease fighting and supporting prince Richard. He is the single cause of all this, and I wish he would see the path to the right action."

"I'm sure you can find a priest to oversee your wedding, if you truly wish to hurry your sacred vows for the sake of a few soldiers.
I am an expert on the Grey Death, and will gladly attest as to whether the king has it or not- I would need to see the king to verify this."
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 101