Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131580 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Summer 937 AAL
« Reply #780 on: August 28, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

In Stormstead, Temple District...
Dressed in an unassuming ice-blue cloak and robe, Ursa headed into the temple of Liodnya...

In Stormstead, Palace...
In the Palace, Ursa passed on a note to one of Albert's guards, asking to meet with him privately...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 28, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »

In Stormstead, Temple District...
Dressed in an unassuming ice-blue cloak and robe, Ursa headed into the temple of Liodnya...
Darkness surrounds the temple. No torches light the streets before it, and only the faintest of glows emerges from its windows. Nine steps of a dull grey stone lead down into the earth. The door at the foot of the stairs has been opened a crack, and Ursa is able to slip in without a sound. As she does, the door closes behind her.

She finds herself in a small antechamber. A wooden desk stands to one side, adorned with a bowl for donations and a single candle of blue wax, barely illuminating the room.

Thick curtains of various fibres hang in the archway to the main chamber. Wisps of mist drift past them as Ursa pushes her way through.

Smoke, steam, and mist mingle together, as thick as the curtains that held them back, assaulting Ursa's senses. Voices whisper in the dark, strange shapes twist through the hazy air, and foul incense blurs the mind. She staggers, but quickly regains her composure. The mists subside somewhat, and a figure emerges from them, a brazier in one hand, a staff in the other.

"Mistress Ursa", it speaks. "You are late. No matter; state your business."
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 28, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »

"I need someone cursed. I'm sure you already know whom I want this done to, but if you need me to state it I shall oblige for clarity's sake."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 28, 2012, 06:27:51 pm »

"I need someone cursed. I'm sure you already know whom I want this done to, but if you need me to state it I shall oblige for clarity's sake."
The figure nods.

"Powerful people require powerful curses. Do you have a token of the target? A lock of their hair, perhaps? Or, indeed, their beard?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 28, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »

"Facial hair? I can certainly provide." Ursa pulls out athe severed facial hair of Duc Edgard, holding it in her open palm.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 28, 2012, 06:59:55 pm »

"Facial hair? I can certainly provide." Ursa pulls out athe severed facial hair of Duc Edgard, holding it in her open palm.
"Very good. Payment will be five crowns."

Another priest emerges from the mists, takes the beard and coin, and fades away once more.

"Then we can begin. I took the liberty of making preparations beforehand." The figure waves their staff, and nine torches spring to life throughout the temple, and the priests lining the walls begin an ominous chanting.
The high-priest leads Ursa down to the altar, upon which are laid out a variety of curious implements and ingredients.
"Now. If you would do the honours of calling Liodnya. Be sure to instil your voice with the hatred you feel towards the target, and your eagerness to see him suffer. These feelings are conductive to our master's attention."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 28, 2012, 07:28:47 pm »

In Stormstead, Palace...
In the Palace, Ursa passed on a note to one of Albert's guards, asking to meet with him privately...

Albert met Ursa after the party...

He smiled, took her hand and kissed it, as was proper. It had been difficult for him earlier, to be tough with her about violating the Kings Peace-not that a King could ever admit that.

"Yes, Duchesse, you needed to meet with me? He says.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 29, 2012, 01:45:21 am »

((Info from here))

Meanwhile, in the cold, peasant-infested land of Northwatch...

"Karas Sirenna..."

Quote from: Kestrel_6
Milord.

I have been 'delayed' by bandits known as the Black Arrows. They have taken everything. My mission to kill Ban Yi Soong will take a little longer than anticipated. is it possible to delay him for as long as possible?

Regards
Karas Sirenna

Renart was amused that the Agent he had entrusted earlier with a guard of his own was on a quest to murder the Selenid scum. The signs were all in his gait, though, but intrigue and amusement were now the signs on his face -- this man had the time to write a letter after being "delayed" by bandits.

An assassin, perhaps?

No, it couldn't be. The usage of hired killers was altogether abolished during the reign of the Iron Queen...or perhaps it was just his memory that failed him. Either this 'Karas' was a mercenary, an assassin with dubious motives (or at least a shady contractor) or a novice in his work -- he signed the letter with his own signature, unmistakably hard to replicate.

Pushing the idea aside to call on a search for the man, he instead journeyed to Prince Richard's abode to continue training Logistics for the Summer.

Days later...

It was nearly two weeks. The Marquis noted the day when the meet would be held for the great hunt of the cold drakes plaguing his land -- affirmed that the hunt earlier was of another, smaller pack. His personal guard had replenished itself to full force, due to the stories that the survivors spread about the hunt and the tales wrought by those who heard it.

As he had no word from the King (who may have been... busy, as far as he heard), he decided to round up the lords under his banner in the next couple of days or so. The hunt wo-

Head to the keep, and speak with Renart

"Milord!"

The call came from a woman by the gate of the keep, one of the routine guards. Stranger yet, he saw the man he least expected to meet at the time.

It was Karas, himself.

Renart smiled and welcomed the man warmly, gesturing for the guards to lower their weapons (or to lower them even further to not make hostility apparent).

"Greetings, Agent." he eyed the guards flanking him, giving another gesture. "I've received your letter. Come, let us speak in my private study where we will not be overheard. I'm sure you would have a lot to say."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 29, 2012, 01:57:09 am »

Head to the keep, and speak with Renart

"Milord!"

The call came from a woman by the gate of the keep, one of the routine guards. Stranger yet, he saw the man he least expected to meet at the time.

It was Karas, himself.

Renart smiled and welcomed the man warmly, gesturing for the guards to lower their weapons (or to lower them even further to not make hostility apparent).

"Greetings, Agent." he eyed the guards flanking him, giving another gesture. "I've received your letter. Come, let us speak in my private study where we will not be overheard. I'm sure you would have a lot to say."

At the study...

"I am sorry for failing my mission, milord. A group calling themselves as the Black Arrows have ambushed me twice. The first time they have stolen my personal effects, as you can see. The Guide I was given is one of their informants, who leads people into ambushes. I definitely know you didn't send him on purpose or know of his true affiliation, I trust you implicitly. I Have a plan, But I need your trust. Ask any questions you wish"
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 29, 2012, 02:04:14 am »

Renart was surprised that the Agent called one of his 'guards' an informant of bandits, stating that he didn't 'intentionally send him along'. While it was true that he was under orders to...guide the man, it had seemed that the reports of his spies that tracked the Agent matched.

He had a mole, or even more, in his ranks.

That, or by judging on what little Karas said, the guard was really unlucky.

"Very interesting to see how you accuse one of my people of working with lawless elements, my dear Agent. The man I sent with you has been working under my power for quite some time, actually. But I'd like to hear more on how you acquired this knowledge.

"Otherwise, on your plan, I'd like to know who you serve under, Agent."

Renart held up the letter sent to him.

"Karas Sirenna, is it not?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 29, 2012, 02:12:44 am »

Renart was surprised that the Agent called one of his 'guards' an informant of bandits, stating that he didn't 'intentionally send him along'. While it was true that he was under orders to...guide the man, it had seemed that the reports of his spies that tracked the Agent matched.

He had a mole, or even more, in his ranks.

That, or by judging on what little Karas said, the guard was really unlucky.

"Very interesting to see how you accuse one of my people of working with lawless elements, my dear Agent. The man I sent with you has been working under my power for quite some time, actually. But I'd like to hear more on how you acquired this knowledge.

"Otherwise, on your plan, I'd like to know who you serve under, Agent."

Renart held up the letter sent to him.

"Karas Sirenna, is it not?"

"A brother of the guide. After a drink, told me he had been 'captured' three times by the same group. I serve the King and his vassals, faithfully and with no ulterior motives. I am the Claw of Conricht. And yes, my name is Karas Sirenna. The plan is to locate the brother in the village. I know where he lives, and that was how I encountered the Black Arrows the second time I plan to find him, extract the knowledge, and using your elite rangers, bring this group roaming at large to it's knees. The I retrieve my blade, armour, cloak and crossbow, find Ban Yi Soong, and kill him. I was also tasked to retrieve the business ledger of his."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 29, 2012, 02:24:54 am »

Renart returned the book he was reading as Karas spoke, musing over the words passively.

He glanced at the man once, then again as he mentioned the same bandit group.

Twice.

"So let me get this straight, Agent. You serve directly under his Majesty's hand, go by the name of Conricht's Claw, sign a letter that could be easily intercepted with your real name, take partial command of my Rangers -- men whose Commander hasn't even return yet on a quest to kill Soong, then plan to accomplish a side-mission in accordance with the one originally given to yo:, hunt down that Selenid scum in the process and retrieve a businessman's tally of goods and proceeds..."

"Alright. What is your plan and how do you think it will be accomplished?"
he said, returning to his chair.

This man is crazy, but he's onto something.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07:18 am »

"Yes. And not take command, I dislike having power over other men and women, so someone you know and trust to lead them. we stay off the roads, and head to this village with the traitor. Discern their location, attack them, using your marksmen, kill them all, I get my gear, they remain behind, and I pose as a messenger from you, ask to speak quietly in his cabin, kill him, and your ranger 'eliminate' the crew. Everything on the ship is yours, and it can be written off. After all, smugglers die all the time...

It could be accomplished with a small group of well trained Rangers, experts with their bows and silent as Death itself. With a group like this, both groups don't stand a chance. Or you could send a unit of soldiers to root out the group, andpeople would certainly be happier."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 29, 2012, 11:15:17 am »

"Very good. Payment will be five crowns."

Another priest emerges from the mists, takes the beard and coin, and fades away once more.

"Then we can begin. I took the liberty of making preparations beforehand." The figure waves their staff, and nine torches spring to life throughout the temple, and the priests lining the walls begin an ominous chanting.
The high-priest leads Ursa down to the altar, upon which are laid out a variety of curious implements and ingredients.
"Now. If you would do the honours of calling Liodnya. Be sure to instil your voice with the hatred you feel towards the target, and your eagerness to see him suffer. These feelings are conductive to our master's attention."
"Liodnya, hear my call, and destroy the duc of arborvent. Destroy everything that he loves and cherishes, drive him from the world of the living into the underworld begging you to spare him from your wrath!"

In Stormstead, Palace...

Albert met Ursa after the party...

He smiled, took her hand and kissed it, as was proper. It had been difficult for him earlier, to be tough with her about violating the Kings Peace-not that a King could ever admit that.

"Yes, Duchesse, you needed to meet with me? He says.
"Indeed, more a private, personal visit however."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 29, 2012, 11:26:30 am »

"You can speak freely here, Duchesse. I have made sure these walls, at least, have no ears."

Such as was the castle designed-some hallways carried the faintest whispers for miles, other rooms (like the one they were in) had thick, heavy walls that muffled all sounds.

Albert had spent a good deal of time sneaking his way around the castle when he was a boy (usually with a girl), and he knew every one.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101