Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Tale of Rope Divinehounds: Life's hard when your cursed.  (Read 5734 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Rope Divinehounds: Life's hard when your cursed.
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 09:19:48 am »

The rats are tamed for narrative purposes only, as a bit of RP. As far as the game is concerned they're just vermin stuffed in a bag. I do wonder if there are any pet/taming mods though...

That would be interesting, having a trained war rat. Even without being a necromancer you could have a vast complement of meat shields!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 10:54:33 am »

Commenting to follow

Gameboon

• Bay Watcher
  • In Sovjet-Dwarfland, dwarf commands you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 11:36:10 am »

I have to say, interesting story. I like the RP. I think I wouldn't be able to put combat logs into a story that well :P.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »

I think I'm going to resurect this. I got side tracked by fortress mode and some of ther stuff for a while. But I've got a course of actiona planned that should make a good story arch. Rope wants to cure his curse, and I have an idea on how to do it with minor modding All i need is some story justification set up.

I'd also like suggestions from the fans about what things to do.

Here's a bit more of his tale taking down the necro tower on his own, that's been sitting unpublished for a while. IIR the framing device is he's telling this story to friendly folks in the village that has taken him in.
----------------

As Rope tells his story he tending to his knives, gently refining the edge with a leather strop.

"I was suprised upon returning to the tower to see no obvious sign or it's masters. Only the zombies were still there, standing shoulder to shoulder silently. I crept between them searching but could find nothing sentient. I went back outside and hunted for sign of them. There was none, but I did see a strange sight, a falcon man hovering over the river, repeatedly pecking and striking at something. At first I took it to be a large red boulder, it was the size of a great bear, but it's surface seemed yielding. And when the falcon man could grab hold of it, somehow it would twitch and slip out of his talons. It must have been some sort of strange creature. Curious I poked it with my sword, but nothing seemed to happen.

I resolved to wait until dawn and resume the search when I could see further. I spent an uneasy few hours waiting for the sun. When it rose again looked inside the tower and then started circling it in a widening spiral. After a time I found on of it's inhabitants to the east. He saw me coming, but it did him little good. I swung my sword with my right arm, hacking into his side. It lodged firmly, so with him thus hooked I raised my pick in my other hand and brought it down on his skull.

He carried three knives with him. A bronze boning knife, a copper carving knife and a silver slicing knife. He was perhaps a man after my own heart. It is too bad that we should be enemies." Rope paused checking the edge of his knife. "Many things are effective for their purpose, the sharp point of a spear, the heavy weight of a hammer, but a blade and edge, ahh there is magic. If only I could find a fine blade like this one, but made of steel."

Placing the blade flat against his arm he gently slides it down the skin, arm hairs, cut effortlessly tumble downward landing on the gleaming blade like a dusting of snow. "Good this one is sharp."

He looks up at his audience, relizeing he has wandered from the point of the story. He sets down the leather strop and taking up a thick piece of stiff cowhide he begins to cut it purposefully as he resumes his tale.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Gameboon

• Bay Watcher
  • In Sovjet-Dwarfland, dwarf commands you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 12:28:18 pm »

At first I took it to be a large red boulder, it was the size of a great bear, but it's surface seemed yielding. And when the falcon man could grab hold of it, somehow it would twitch and slip out of his talons. It must have been some sort of strange creature. Curious I poked it with my sword, but nothing seemed to happen.

Would that be a giant sponge?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 11:24:49 am »

Chances are.  Nothing else is so organic and yet so...unstoppable.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »

hey I remember this! good read, glad you're continuing.
and is there really a way t0 cure curses? i hope so
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]