Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287899 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #3180 on: October 06, 2013, 06:58:18 pm »

If I get a vote, please for the love of god not metallurgy. It's such a shitty mod and it screws with everything else that just wants vanilla minecraft metals, and Tcon does everything useful it does better.
Not since the forge ore dictionary allows you to use the metallurgy ores in other mods.
Seriously I disabled the spawning of TCo copper and tin and have never had a problem with it. It intergrates very well these days.

Quick question:

Will underground biomes stop us making seared stone?
Just tested. While you can't make seared stone from the new stones directly, you can craft them into cobble and use that, so it works just as well. Also the new stones don't work for tools, but it is the same solution, just make them into cobble.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: October 06, 2013, 07:02:56 pm »

I took a closer look at that Gravestones mod and it seems like you can only take 1 item from your grave.
Still, if you had a very valuable item with you, it's better than nothing. :p
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:18:46 pm by Ultimuh »

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: October 06, 2013, 07:03:34 pm »

The base part of Metallurgy would be nice for changing the levels at which ores spawn. I absolutely hate how vanilla doesn't spawn ores above sea level; makes building a proper mountain home pointless. Then again, if we don't spawn on a mountain, there'd be no point to that tweak.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: October 06, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »

The issue I have with Metallurgy is that it reduces the amount of iron and gold you find. I could care less about copper and tin, it's that every single mod ever demands iron and gold and reducing that is such a huge pain in the ass that not even gregtech does it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »

There should be a recipe/machine to convert Metallurgy bars into vanilla metals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: October 06, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »

The issue I have with Metallurgy is that it reduces the amount of iron and gold you find. I could care less about copper and tin, it's that every single mod ever demands iron and gold and reducing that is such a huge pain in the ass that not even gregtech does it.
Isn't that configurable tough?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: October 06, 2013, 07:23:24 pm »

Good thing we have thaumcraft transmutation!

There should be a recipe/machine to convert Metallurgy bars into vanilla metals.
Why? Metallurgy doesn't provide new iron or gold ingots, it just uses the vanilla ones.
There used to be silly conflicts where Metallurgy would add copper, and Industrialcraft would add copper, and Buildcraft would add copper, and you ended up with different types of copper that could only be used with their specific mod and it was very stupid and annoying. So the forge makers added a function where as you could register your items to have them work with everything. Then just disable the spawning of each ore except one and you would never know there was a problem.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3187 on: October 06, 2013, 07:23:58 pm »

I bumped it up in the config just in case.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: October 06, 2013, 07:25:45 pm »

Why? Metallurgy doesn't provide new iron or gold ingots, it just uses the vanilla ones.
There used to be silly conflicts where Metallurgy would add copper, and Industrialcraft would add copper, and Buildcraft would add copper, and you ended up with different types of copper that could only be used with their specific mod and it was very stupid and annoying. So the forge makers added a function where as you could register your items to have them work with everything. Then just disable the spawning of each ore except one and you would never know there was a problem.

No, to convert mythril and whatever and transmute it to iron, gold, and the like.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: October 06, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

Yea, it looks like Thaumcraft already has you covered. The tin, copper and steel ingots from Metallurgy all work in transmutation, hoping to figure out More Fuel Tweaks and Everything to get the other metals to work. It looks like it should be possible, I just need to configure it all...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: October 06, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »

So... In order to get what I would've had normally... I have to use ANOTHER mod and transmute stuff (with loss) into something else just to get what I would've had normally?
What the christ?
Not to mention the fact that half of metallurgy isn't TC compatible.
And on a side note: Why the fuck do you even want metallurgy anyways? What does it have that you don't have with Tcon aside from decorative blocks?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: October 06, 2013, 07:33:20 pm »

Yea, you need to use the magic mod to turn copper into iron and lead into gold. So?  ::)
Also, armor.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3192 on: October 06, 2013, 07:34:40 pm »

Ok guys. The new client is uploading and will be HERE when its done.

Install instructions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a fresh world as requested. No rules or challenges, since people seemed to lose interest after a bit. Just build and have fun together. If we want to set some goals later we can do so.

Several new mods including Thaumcraft, you can discover what else. I'll put a modlist up later and update the OP.

The only rule for now: DO NOT DRAIN AURA NODES DRY! Leave at least 1 of each vis type in the node!

So... In order to get what I would've had normally... I have to use ANOTHER mod and transmute stuff (with loss) into something else just to get what I would've had normally?
What the christ?
Not to mention the fact that half of metallurgy isn't TC compatible.
And on a side note: Why the fuck do you even want metallurgy anyways? What does it have that you don't have with Tcon aside from decorative blocks?
I bumped iron and gold frequency up a bit. Why are you so angry anyway? If you don't want to play on the server then don't. Its just a fucking game, so take your angry ass elsewhere if you can't get over a simple fucking thing like a change to ore spawning.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3193 on: October 06, 2013, 07:36:58 pm »

And of course as soon as I get the client up, minecraft session server dies so nobody can log in.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 220