Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 289151 times)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2190 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:52 am »

is there now a aura node on the island?  wands are recharging...

And it seems the weapons mod has troulbes with the changes to the enchanting system, at least the enchanted weapons.  so, be warned, causes a crash.
Correction, It seems to be a weapon enchant that is causing the issue, as normal swords have the same crash.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:54:50 am by bluejello »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:06 am »

Aha, there are no exit portals in the Nether. We're stranded there, Ivefan and I. :D
So, avoid the Nether for now.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16:34 am »

why don't we have a normal nethergate set up? would solve the nether related portal issues at least.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:07 am »

Well. people dont often go to the nether and the first time was a bit of a chain of misfortune, and this time i assume it's the update that caused it.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: January 31, 2013, 12:00:10 pm »

well, at any rate, I believe I can get a silverwood tree to grow in the overworld,  they require 100 or more local aura to grow, and found a node that had 180ish.  so, if this works, we shall have at least one node.

SILVERWOOD TREE GET
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:33:28 pm by bluejello »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:36 pm »

Turns out that the server forgot that the overworld was supposed to be skylands, because default overworld started generating at a portal that generated as a result of us making a vanilla portal out of the nether.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2196 on: January 31, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »

Turns out that the server forgot that the overworld was supposed to be skylands, because default overworld started generating at a portal that generated as a result of us making a vanilla portal out of the nether.
Yep, that was my fault. I derped pretty good. Will fix that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2197 on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:40 pm »

Still working. Server is down for now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2198 on: January 31, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »

YUS

Server is up and we have islands in the skies!

Sorry for the delay. Fucking mcedit decided to change things in the nbtdata that I didn't tell it to.  :-\

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: January 31, 2013, 11:17:05 pm »

ok, what is it about the seaming and issues?  there is SO MUCH LAG there now, also, there is now a rare zombie in the spawn area, no one enter, or you will most likely die.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:53 pm »

I followed the instructions in the OP but I'm having some problems. I'd like to have a SSP flat world to test things out in but when I open the "More World Options..." screen the game crashes. Here's the crash report. Any idea what's going on?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 01, 2013, 02:51:54 am »

I followed the instructions in the OP but I'm having some problems. I'd like to have a SSP flat world to test things out in but when I open the "More World Options..." screen the game crashes. Here's the crash report. Any idea what's going on?
I'm also crashing when starting ssp
-Edit-
Think the server died. I flew around looking at the new islands and found one i liked and fought a Tower guardian over it. While battling the server suddenly crashed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:19:15 am by Ivefan »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2202 on: February 01, 2013, 05:40:37 am »

ok, what is it about the seaming and issues?  there is SO MUCH LAG there now
Eh? I don't get any lag at all in the new seaming, or anywhere else.

SSP works with this pack provided you don't go to the more world options screen. Its a bug with Better World Generation mod. BWG's menu works fine with an older version of forge, but some of the mods require the newer forge. If you want SSP you'll have to content yourself with a standard world gen, or gen a standard world and then wipe out everything in mcedit and change the worldgen type manually in the nbt data.

Think the server died. I flew around looking at the new islands and found one i liked and fought a Tower guardian over it. While battling the server suddenly crashed.
It was a crash with infernal mobs. Why do all of atomicstryker's mods seem to crash? We had the same problem with Minions mod before.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:05 am »

SSP works with this pack provided you don't go to the more world options screen. Its a bug with Better World Generation mod. BWG's menu works fine with an older version of forge, but some of the mods require the newer forge. If you want SSP you'll have to content yourself with a standard world gen, or gen a standard world and then wipe out everything in mcedit and change the worldgen type manually in the nbt data.

At least I know it's not just me. I'll just use a flat world from one of my other instances.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2204 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:56 am »

You can always downgrade forge and remove whichever mod is requiring the higher version of forge for the duration of the worldgen, then re-add it. Not sure which one it was now, I'd have to look, but the worldgen itself works its just the menu that balls up.

Will you be playing with us Vattic? If you happen to put together a texture pack from your 32x32 faithful packs, I'd be happy to post it up as the official texture pack for the server. :)
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 220