Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288567 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1695 on: December 28, 2012, 01:12:23 pm »

Here is today's crash report.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think I've got the issue, and possibly a link to a fix:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20-pack-repeated-server-crash-exception-ticking-world-entities.4885/
It's a mystcraft related issue which occurs sometimes where items go through the mystcraft portals. Just before the server crashed last night, I tossed an item through one, and reading that link, I would bet that is what caused it. According to that thread, there looks to be an unofficial bugfix for it which may help. It also appears to be the same bug which caused the first of the 3 crashes linked by forsaken earlier (the only one not caused by the bees). I would be if we got that fixed, most of the crashing would go away. Until then, don't throw items and such into mystcraft portals. In fact, if you can, it may be best to swap them out for lecterns for the time being.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:25:55 pm by alway »

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #1696 on: December 28, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

Server crashed and we rescued Ivefan from the void world.
1=0

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 28, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »

Server crashed and we rescued Ivefan from the void world.
Now the server is working again.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 29, 2012, 04:19:45 am »

And down.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1699 on: December 29, 2012, 06:22:54 am »

This is getting very annoying.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:38 pm »

I've checked all of the mod pages for mods that are in red, and it seems all but Additional Buildcraft Objects have updated to 1.4.6.
As for the portal crashes, it seems that the current release wasn't tested as thoroughly because of the holidays. Presumably there will be a patch soon.
EDIT: It appears that some worlds just aren't liked. I keep getting booted off the server after I went into a world.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:23:17 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1701 on: December 29, 2012, 02:03:59 pm »

I've checked all of the mod pages for mods that are in red, and it seems all but Additional Buildcraft Objects have updated to 1.4.6.
As for the portal crashes, it seems that the current release wasn't tested as thoroughly because of the holidays. Presumably there will be a patch soon.
Indeed, a lot of the mods were released without thorough testing. In fact, ABO does have a 1.4.6 version now as well. I'll be updating the server today or tomorrow with new mod versions.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 29, 2012, 03:36:06 pm »

wc3gamer, you kinda need to provide more information than "help" for us to be able to assist you.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 29, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Farmville age is broken, it gives me "end of stream" errors all the time. Looks like a broken chunk, because I see some chunks but it always gives an "end of stream" before the world is loaded. Since I wanna get out of there with my inventory intact, I'd suggest regenerating the age, and sending someone in with a linking book back.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1704 on: December 29, 2012, 04:49:18 pm »

Farmville age is broken, it gives me "end of stream" errors all the time. Looks like a broken chunk, because I see some chunks but it always gives an "end of stream" before the world is loaded. Since I wanna get out of there with my inventory intact, I'd suggest regenerating the age, and sending someone in with a linking book back.
Do you happen to know the age number?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 29, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »

Not exactly, but the age is called StableIHope and the descriptive book is somewhere in Twilight Town. If you put that in a link modifier, you can see the age number.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1706 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:58 pm »

I have a tip for everyone. From now on when you rename descriptive books don't remove the number. For instance, I renamed my age to "Akhier's age [##]" so that I would know it was my age and what its number was. If you really don't want to see the number just make a link book and rename that. Actually thats another thing, I suggest using link books rather than descriptive directly so you have less chance of accidentally losing the original, all it takes is one creeper in the rain.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1707 on: December 29, 2012, 05:08:15 pm »

I have a tip for everyone. From now on when you rename descriptive books don't remove the number. For instance, I renamed my age to "Akhier's age [##]" so that I would know it was my age and what its number was. If you really don't want to see the number just make a link book and rename that. Actually thats another thing, I suggest using link books rather than descriptive directly so you have less chance of accidentally losing the original, all it takes is one creeper in the rain.
Yes, please keep the age number in the name. Its a pain to figure it out.

Not exactly, but the age is called StableIHope and the descriptive book is somewhere in Twilight Town. If you put that in a link modifier, you can see the age number.
The age. It is gone. You should respawn at its spawn point.

Its up to you to get home.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1708 on: December 29, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »

GAAAK!

I think I'm gonna pass on this server until I can avoid having to update my mods every day >.>
Every day? I don't update daily.

But whatever, you're free to play wherever you like.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 29, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »

Well, there's a bunch of unstable things now it seems, so I'm not adverse to getting patches for them =P
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 220