Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287928 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1050 on: October 05, 2012, 05:11:40 pm »

TFC was a little confusing, it comes with a client and server version.  But 1.3.2 should have client and server as one, right?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1051 on: October 05, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

TFC was a little confusing, it comes with a client and server version.  But 1.3.2 should have client and server as one, right?
Like the newest forge, it is supposedly now one 'universal' version which works in server and client. The client seems to run fine but the server spits errors and I got tired of working on it. Will revisit it in a while.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 05, 2012, 05:20:13 pm »

But if you mount the client then it doesn't enjoy multiplayer?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1053 on: October 05, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

But if you mount the client then it doesn't enjoy multiplayer?
The instant the client tries to connect to the server, the server has a conniption and dies.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 05, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »

I've not been looking for villages, but I've been looking for stone for an anvil, so moves around a lot.  Seen none so far.  I assume they're disabled.  It would be possible for Forsaken to make one, though, tossing down some spawn eggs and whatnot.  Although that halfway defeats the purpose.  TFC is made to make things tough, even shelter is tricky.  Giving you a village to hide at and whatnot, that's a little "too easy".

@Forsaken: Maybe google up "TFC multiplayer" to see if any successful servers have overcome these issues?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1055 on: October 05, 2012, 05:35:03 pm »

I will look into it, but not right this second.

I really want a dwarf themed mod for a B12 server, so I could move a world's spawn point down into a cavern or use a custom world generator to make the world stone from sky to bedrock with underwater oceans and magma seas. Something that made rock analogues of every wooden item would suffice, or allowed you to chop down mushrooms and use them as lumber.

There is something similar on the MC forum but it has some silly bits which I'm not sure I like.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:14 pm »

It'd probably have to be a custom mod, but the nether overhaul thinger is close.  It gives nether trees and recipes and ore for everything in the nether.  You never have to leave!  If you could combine that with a Mystract-esque cavern world generator, and be able to utilize basically "trees that don't need light" then you'd have a good starting point.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1057 on: October 05, 2012, 05:59:32 pm »

I will look into it, but not right this second.

I really want a dwarf themed mod for a B12 server, so I could move a world's spawn point down into a cavern or use a custom world generator to make the world stone from sky to bedrock with underwater oceans and magma seas. Something that made rock analogues of every wooden item would suffice, or allowed you to chop down mushrooms and use them as lumber.

There is something similar on the MC forum but it has some silly bits which I'm not sure I like.

you wouldn't need so much as the whole map being stone. Maybe toss up the sealevel to 196 and then apply cavern generators to the beneath.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1058 on: October 05, 2012, 06:56:42 pm »

Honestly I think I may be done hosting servers until some of these mod teams get their acts together and put out stable versions. It's incredibly frustrating as a server admin to have no updates or news for months when there are bad bugs which require a lot of work on my part to fix or work around.

Anyone know anything about coding in Java or have any bukkit/minecraft coding experience?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1059 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »

I once tried poking with minecraft's source. My brain almost exploded...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1060 on: October 05, 2012, 08:10:19 pm »

I once tried poking with minecraft's source. My brain almost exploded...
Not talking about modding minecraft itself, just making mods for it. I had a coder interested but he's vanished off the face of the planet apparently.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1061 on: October 05, 2012, 08:27:24 pm »

To make mods for it you need to know the source code. Or at least its classes and such. Minecraft mods aren't mods per se, they are extensions to the core code.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1062 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:35 pm »

To make mods for it you need to know the source code. Or at least its classes and such. Minecraft mods aren't mods per se, they are extensions to the core code.
If you say so, I know very little about it. Maybe I should just learn it myself though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 06, 2012, 10:15:16 am »

I think most mods nowadays use forge.
What project do you have in mind forsaken?
A general bugfix mod?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1064 on: October 06, 2012, 10:35:19 am »

I think most mods nowadays use forge.
What project do you have in mind forsaken?
A general bugfix mod?
A Dwarf Fortress themed mod would be nice. New items which let you make tools without wood, or using fungus wood, for example. Stone doors.. stuff so you have no need to go to the surface.

I'd also like a dedicated bukkit programmer to work with on the bukkit server
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 220