Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288574 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #720 on: August 31, 2012, 10:48:04 am »

Skycity is now getting started. The frames construction bay for the city is pretty much blocked out now, so I guess build from there. Street level will be around 200, though feel free to vary that elevation for hills and such to make things interesting. From around 185-200 will be the skycity's "underground," which will be a jumble of maintenance tunnels, utility lines, and possibly a subway system; generally all sorts of mechanical sorts of things.

In other news, I suspect redpower redstone devices may be in part responsible for the crashyfuntime the clients have when frames are moving. The bay doors were causing massive crashyness, but it seems to have subsided now that I removed the 'NOT' gates which were powering the lights on the doors and replaced them with redstone torches. It may have to do with ambiguity on the client side regarding what state the redstone should be in; who knows; but it seems to have fixed it in any case. So, avoid all those wonderful RP2 redstone logic thingys & timers & such on your frames devices.
Excellent, I'll probably build a house extension in skycity this weekend.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:12 am »

The bay doors are now operated by 2 buttons and a lever. The buttons tell it to open or close, the lever locks it where it is. It uses a simple system in which the buttons go to an SR-Latch; this latch then goes to 2 timers, one for opening the doors, one for closing them. The lever tells both timers to be disabled no matter whether it is set to open or close, locking the doors in place. Keep it locked in place when the doors aren't being moved, as that will keep the timers off.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 31, 2012, 11:33:46 am »

Yesterday I was planning my Nazca birdship for the Skycity in singple player mode... unfortunately, I calculated that the original plans would probably have exceeded 1000 blocks. I had to keep it down so it looks more like a Mosquitoship.

The interior "bridge" was kinda cool tho.

Remind me how are the skydocks going to work? Are they on top, or on the bottom of the city? Or I just park it anywhere close and hope I can jump from there? :P

EDIT: I always thought it would be cool to have an "upside down" skycity of some kind in Minecraft. Like, the city "foundation" itself being a flat top thingy (maybe with solars? I dunno) and having "skyscrapers" (groundscrapers?) that extrude from that down pointing into the ground... Of course, building that without constant jetpacking would be hard. A construction flying ship that you can stand upon seems useful for this purpose. (it would also be pretty dark I suppose, the way light works in MC. So there would have to be a "grid" of transparent tiles on the "ceiling" to let some sunlight thru) (Also, obviously you couldn't just walk on the "surface", you'd need a system of suspended catwalks of some sort.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:45:50 am by Sergius »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 31, 2012, 11:39:05 am »

Alway yet has to construct and possibly expand the skydocks. ATM there is space for 8 ships max.
(that is, INSIDE the skycity, aka above the baydoors)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:19 am »

Alway yet has to construct and possibly expand the skydocks. ATM there is space for 8 ships max.
(that is, INSIDE the skycity, aka above the baydoors)

Well, I'm thinking more like mooring posts, not just the bay doors for storing ships INSIDE. Probably not all together in the same place either.

Something like this:

Code: [Select]
skycity #################################
posts             #             #
                  #             #
ship              #             #
                  #            <===8

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #725 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:19 am »

ATM there is space for 8 ships max.
Insufficient. I will not accept less than twelve bays.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 31, 2012, 12:00:19 pm »

Alway said that this is a construction bay, so we'll have skydocks and possibly a skyport somewhere else, probably at the edge of the city.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 31, 2012, 12:14:49 pm »

Yesterday I was planning my Nazca birdship for the Skycity in singple player mode... unfortunately, I calculated that the original plans would probably have exceeded 1000 blocks. I had to keep it down so it looks more like a Mosquitoship.

The interior "bridge" was kinda cool tho.

Remind me how are the skydocks going to work? Are they on top, or on the bottom of the city? Or I just park it anywhere close and hope I can jump from there? :P

EDIT: I always thought it would be cool to have an "upside down" skycity of some kind in Minecraft. Like, the city "foundation" itself being a flat top thingy (maybe with solars? I dunno) and having "skyscrapers" (groundscrapers?) that extrude from that down pointing into the ground... Of course, building that without constant jetpacking would be hard. A construction flying ship that you can stand upon seems useful for this purpose. (it would also be pretty dark I suppose, the way light works in MC. So there would have to be a "grid" of transparent tiles on the "ceiling" to let some sunlight thru) (Also, obviously you couldn't just walk on the "surface", you'd need a system of suspended catwalks of some sort.

First of all, you may be able to exceed those limitations using technically separate frameships with the same tranciever frequency for controlling their individual engines. Need more experimentation as to whether non-linking blocks can touch and still work that way, but it may be doable.

As for skydocks, I'm thinking there will be some under the city, and possibly some above (though I dunno about that).

The 'underground' of the city is just that; the city extending downwards. There may be spires, extensions of buildings, ect, piercing down through the underground.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #728 on: August 31, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

I think the house I build in skycity will itself be a frameship. Shiphouse?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #729 on: August 31, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 31, 2012, 01:03:54 pm »

I think the house I build in skycity will itself be a frameship. Shiphouse?
Yep; that's a good way to build things.
This city shall have no pre-planned road network or crap like that. It's why the town is a bunch of boring rows of boring rectangular boxes. Build places in the shape you want them, then adapt roads and pathways around that. We aren't driving cars or wagons on these roads, we are walking them; make them reflect such in their design. Build first, roads later.

Also, I came up with an awesome plan. In addition to the other utilities in the city's underground, a pipe network; this network will exclusively hold pumpkins. They will be shuffled around randomly in the city, to be randomly placed or removed by deployers and block breakers around town.

My frameship is temporarily parked next to the bay's control room. This gives us access to a temporary IC2 room & alloy furnaces until such a time as we get those up and running in the city.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 31, 2012, 01:04:53 pm »

Err, why the pumpkins? Also, i doubt how random you can make that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 31, 2012, 01:06:02 pm »

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkin
MSPA reference :D

And so it begins.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: don't use torches like this; they will all be replaced with real lights, just as the smoothstone on the walls will be replace with a different material. This is just a blocking out of the structure so others can build the city off it ASAP.

Edit: Won't be on much between now and Sunday night. Continue construction on the city; if my ship gets in the way, retract the panel and move it. After moving it, either keep the panel retracted or extend it and add torches on the end so it doesn't spawn mobs. I just upgraded the tug to a wireless engine; it's commands have names set. If you need to move something, pull off a cover on one of the extended arms on the side to attach it. You can move it remotely using transmitters set to the named commands for it (names consist of 'TUG<MOVEMENT>')
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:20:32 pm by alway »

piemantheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 31, 2012, 05:03:32 pm »

I did everything you said to do with the client pack. However now Minecraft wont work. Stuck at done loading screen. Tips?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 31, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »

Um, so, any place in the mega mod server to find a village? The Overworld seems devoid of them (probably generated with structures off?). What about the Ages?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 220