Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288618 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #675 on: August 29, 2012, 06:54:44 pm »

I expanded the hemp farm massively and we've made some progress. We did a trip to the nether so I was able to set up a stew pot as well.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:29 pm »

Starting construction on a new line of frame quarries, the Mk2 Swarmers. They have a 4-axis engine which is a mere 3 blocks wide, allowing for optimal breakers:frames ratio. They are also remote controlled, so all of them of this type will be controllable with a single control unit. I may end up creating a mobile command center for them, with its own frame device which carries all the control logic and such for these craft, watching over them from above.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 29, 2012, 08:41:30 pm »

Hey guys can I get whitelisted?

My Minecraft handle is Stealtharcadia

<3
Yeah yeah yeah!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:26 pm »

We now have an enderman spawner. Mining realm, at the coords -269, 370 (I'm putting a linking book to it from ocean world, though it's close to our ore processing center).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:18:47 am by alway »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 30, 2012, 01:15:10 am »

<3

Same request, SimonMagnus
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:00 am »

The prototype Mk 2.1 Swarmer fleet frame quarry is now operational. These are very thin, extremely long frameships operated by remote. They have a 4-axis frame engine, with a width of only 3 to allow for an optimal drill head shape.
This model should be able to hold a drill head around 6 times longer than that shown before running up against the block limit.

Additionally, the Swarmer fleet command ship is currently a work in progress. The Swarmer fleet will have multiple frame quarry models, each tuned to the same receiver frequency. This allows the command ship to easily control the entire fleet, even without computers or complex wiring. The command ship will have any logic for operating the Swarmer fleet, as well as having its own 6-axis frame engine to keep up with and inspect the fleet from the air. It is currently in working order, though all commands are completely manual until I manage to automate things.
Command ship controls are in back, quarry controls up front (with front being the glass side). Though it will be automated, and will be more nice to look at in the future; may even have crafting stuff like on my personal frameship, as it will just sort of be a lounge from which to watch the world burn be strip-mined to nothing.

I'm also considering giving the Swarmer quarries their own shield generator for flowing lava and water (as it seriously impedes the frame's ability to move, which in an automated system could be disastrous), though I need to look into how those work first to make sure it is viable.

For the skycity frames construction bay, one door is fully completed, with the second needing a few more ruby and iron covers, but mostly done. That's on hold for half a day or so while I get the beginnings of the Swarmer fleet up and running.

In the skycity drydocks, I'm thinking it will be several smaller areas branching into the main drydock for which the bay doors will be used. One such thing I've been considering, particularly as most on the server don't know too much about engine construction, is having an automated engine assembly line. Using frames, it shouldn't be too difficult for me to set up such a system; essentially build it one layer at a time like a 3D printer before spitting the whole thing out. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to automatically place microblocks. This means any engine design which it ends up creating will by necessity be inefficient and large compared to that which can be constructed by hand. A bit more design work needs to be done there, as I need to figure out a decent engine design which doesn't use blocks which can't be placed automatically, but it should be doable assuming there isn't some unforeseen roadblock. But that's still down the road a ways; not before next week anyway.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:31:19 am by alway »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #681 on: August 30, 2012, 03:03:11 am »

<3
added you

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 30, 2012, 04:43:26 am »

New guy that put a quarry in the ocean age, whoever you are, PLEASE put your quarries in the age of exploitation and NOT in the ocean age.
Water does not come back if you quarry it, and i dont want this age to be scarred by quarries.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:45:31 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #683 on: August 30, 2012, 04:53:49 am »

New guy that put a quarry in the ocean age, whoever you are, PLEASE put your quarries in the age of exploitation and NOT in the ocean age.
Water does not come back if you quarry it, and i dont want this age to be scarred by quarries.
You may want to put up a sign in the nexus to this effect too, just so people know.

Mining in the AoE is more efficient anyway due to the heavy resources symbol.

Also: In the BTW server I have a windmill ready. I just need more rope for axles and a few gear boxes. If nobody else makes them, I will do it when I get home and we'll have a functional windmill.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:56:05 am by forsaken1111 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 30, 2012, 05:05:26 am »

Hmm, good idea. Now to actually find wood for a sign :P

Also, i may join the BTW server soon. I kinda liked that mod.

Signs are up. I also put up a sign saying that people should ask darkchaos for permission, and me if he's not online because i can contact him trough steam.

The BTW server is just better than wolves, right? Question 2: Is the server 1.3.2?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:26:08 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #685 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:45 am »

The BTW server is just better than wolves, right? Question 2: Is the server 1.3.2?
Yep. BTW + modloader in a 1.3.2 minecraft client will let you connect.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 30, 2012, 06:40:26 am »

Just lost a piston, iron pickaxe, lever, few stacks of cobble and a good bit of wood because they didn't appear with my other items when I got killed by skeletons a pile of times. I got there in time, they just didn't exist anymore.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 30, 2012, 06:47:40 am »

I was specifically told to either go way out into the ocean to use my quarry or use the age of exploitation. I wasn't told just to not use quarries what so ever. Really, people shouldn't really find my island by just looking out into the sea from the mainland.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #688 on: August 30, 2012, 06:49:42 am »

And quarries don't destroy water, in fact most people, when quarrying, put water into the quarry boundaries to make sure it can get past any lava it encounters.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #689 on: August 30, 2012, 06:50:05 am »

Just lost a piston, iron pickaxe, lever, few stacks of cobble and a good bit of wood because they didn't appear with my other items when I got killed by skeletons a pile of times. I got there in time, they just didn't exist anymore.
Did the items fall in lava, fire or onto a cactus? Any of those things can destroy items.

And quarries don't destroy water, in fact most people, when quarrying, put water into the quarry boundaries to make sure it can get past any lava it encounters.
True, but it also leaves a huge hole of flowing water which murders the server.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 220