Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288304 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2012, 04:49:13 am »

This time i really give up on the TFC server. Not only am i always alone, making no difference from playing solo, except the lag and various issues, but i just lost a copper anvil that i spent a whole day prospecting, mining, smelting and working on. How ? well i left my house in the middle of the day, walked to my forge, and blew up from a creeper coming from behind. Now, this happened before, but the thing is, this time the anvil got caught in the explosion, and dropped to the ground ... as a stone anvil. The stone anvil, once placed and used once, turned into a stone. Yay.

I said before that i enjoyed much more playing TFCraft on peaceful, and i stand by that statement. Not only is it impossible for me to defend properly with the lag i have, but regardless, 99% of the time i spend on the server is during the day, only adding the tedium of having to sleep all the time. Someone said to me that "playing TFC on peaceful misses the point", and i disagree. If it's about fighting vanilla monsters, i've done it a thousand times before and there's no real interest for me. TFC makes progression so hardcore that allowing the possibility of losing it all to a single creeper is masochism. I already restarted from scratch so many times because of various reasons like new updates, that i have never gotten past tier 1 of metals (out of 6 tiers), except for this time where i had copper. Adding creepers to that is not "fun", it is only making me play the same content over and over. That's like Sisyphus's ordeal or something.

Heck, seeing how i was the last player left on this server anyway, i guess i was still the most resilient...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:58:50 am by Sirian »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:17 am »

I don't mind coming in and returning your copper anvil when I get home, that is obviously a bug in the latest TFC version.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2012, 10:40:44 am »

Hey, i fell through the world after using a portal.
i logged out with 2 hearts left. what is the protocol for saving my inventory?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:40 am »

Hey, i fell through the world after using a portal.
i logged out with 2 hearts left. what is the protocol for saving my inventory?
Will you be around at ~3:30pm EST? Hop into the IRC channel at that time and I'll work with you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2012, 05:26:46 am »

downloaded the latest client pack, and for some damn reason, the server's saying I don't have a certain version of mystcraft installed, despite me installing the damned mods >.>

EDIT: so, the pack's missing mystcraft, eh? that explains a bit...

EDIT2: nope, no matter how hard I try, I can't get mystcraft to work.
Update to mystcraft 0.9.1.02. I just haven't had time to make a new pack yet

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2012, 10:50:14 am »

yeah, I tried updating.

I can't, mystcraft just causes it to black screen me.
To be clear, you're applying my pack and then dropping the updated mystcraft into the jar afterwards?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2012, 11:32:14 am »

I don't know what to tell you other than you must be doing something wrong. Check that you deleted meta-inf?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2012, 03:49:04 pm »

Greatorder, I will make a new pack in a bit and test it... though it will be the exact same thing I've told you to do already.

Everyone else: The contest is at an end. I have removed the resource area and security system, and will be judging the entries soon. If you wish to be present, I am planning to start at 6:30pm EST.

I apologize for being somewhat more absent lately, I have been very busy with other things. I'm researching new homes for the server which would let it run a bit smoother, for one thing, and have had  a lot going on at work and home. Regardless, I will be more active and I will keep the server up for you guys.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2012, 04:20:56 pm »

I'm getting "Got an invalid response from server" when trying to start with MultiMC now, How to circumvent the patch?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2012, 04:24:53 pm »

I'm getting "Got an invalid response from server" when trying to start with MultiMC now, How to circumvent the patch?
jump on the IRC, faster to chat that way

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2012, 04:39:46 pm »

Incidentally!

I have opened a vanilla 1.3.1 server for testing at 173.230.139.97

Any and all are welcome to fuck around on it. I need to test it under some kind of load.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #386 on: August 13, 2012, 05:34:23 pm »

Correction! Due to an availability issue, I am delaying the judging until wednesday. You have some extra time to polish up your creations! You won't have the resource spawning available, but you do have a bit of time.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »

T-t-t Triple post!
Sorry for holding up the judging everybody, just finishing up the code. (expected it to take a day maybe two, turned into ~5)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 15, 2012, 12:47:52 am »

what contest is this again?
also, is it just me, or does the server lag more after the crash a few days ago?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 15, 2012, 01:09:19 am »

Megaproject contest, started two and a half weeks ago. Fivex made a supersized ore processor (it processes other stuff too), Ivefan made a massive tunnel bore, and I'm finishing up an autocrafter that turns a mind-boggling amount of UU matter into an HV panel. I believe three other people entered, but one ragequit when he didn't get creative mode, and the other two pretty much vanished after the first day or two.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 220