Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mummy curse = mummy becoming The One?  (Read 8297 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mummy curse = mummy becoming The One?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:00 pm »

[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0(:END:X)]

The lack of an END, which is shown in blue above, makes curses REALLY DISTURBING.

STAY THE F**K AWAY FROM CURSES, AND MUMMIES

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:27 pm »

[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0(:END:X)]

The lack of an END, which is shown in blue above, makes curses REALLY DISTURBING.

STAY THE F**K AWAY FROM CURSES, AND MUMMIES

Mummies are on level with gods right now. They will send you to oblivion.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

I wish I knew about this permanence thing before raiding 6 tombs carelessly. I savescummed but... I don't remember when exactly I got cursed and I don't feel like finding the loot again. Guess I'll put my stuff in a bag and retire...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 03:32:47 am »

yeah the thing is mummies won't attack their own civ, so if you happen to be apart of it and you raid their tomb, they just pop up talk about the day and raise every single undead by accident. if you are luckly you can recruit one though the mummy would be a zombify necromancer due to s/he can't curse folks who didn't enter his/her tomb.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 06:03:29 am »

In my humble opinion, it's pretty cool the way it is.
There are stuff that simply should be imbalanced. It's a mummy, dude. A freaking mummy. Have you seen "The Mummy" movie? That mummy isn't as badass as real mummies, and still, he spits swarms of insects and does all types of wicked stuff. Mummies are meant to do this.
As mentioned, their loot is completely worth it, too. Mummies are done so you cringe just for thinking about them. Lifting MUMMY curses is so softcore that, if it was default, I would seriously ask for them to make the mummies the way they are now. I have nothing against modding your own game, but seriously, they're just plain awesome.

You gotta take into account that Adventurer mode is a relatively new mode, too. Think about all the fun stuff you can do with a mummy in fortress mode.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 02:07:26 pm »

Epic foreboding awesomeness of mummies aside, I am staying the HELL away from those little rectangles on the map from now on. Fleeing down a dark, narrow corridor with coffins bursting open left and right as the mummy reanimates its army is just about the most nightmarish thing I have ever done in DF.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 02:34:25 pm »

@Wellincolin: I really disapprove of 'this is how its meant to be' arguments, since the game is still in alpha and nothing is how its meant to be just yet.

That said, I like the idea of curses from mummies, but I'd prefer it if there were more dynamic curses with interesting affects instead of the consistent, 'you now suck at combat and everything you fight will murder you'. Stuff like my arm falling off or my second child being sacrificed to the mummy to end my curse would be cool. Well, once you can have families anyway.

I'm not saying mummy curses should be weak, I agree they should be powerful and scary, but they shouldn't all be simple quantifiable things like combat rolls favoring everyone else my this or that amount.

I'm not sure if the current curses are a placeholder or not for future features. I haven't read toady's updates in a while and I need to look at the cores again.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 08:27:08 am »

[...]like its that labyrinth garden with the chainsaw frankenstein and dogs from Castlevania 64.

Major love for the reference to Legacy of Darkness, holy crap, nobody else remembers that game!
Pages: 1 [2]