Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Quick help solution  (Read 14184 times)

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick help solution
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 11:17:22 am »

The comic amused me, as did the situation. Only in Dwarf Fortress...
This thread, holy crap.  "Hay guys halp I'm being attacked by undead birds what do.  Oh btw I'm embarking ON THE OCEAN"

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 11:25:56 am »

That was a fun comic :D nice done!

Anyway, nice rooms for nobles? Pah! The only room you need for nobles has a locked door and a retractable drawbridge on the floor. Be sure to include the lever to open up the viewing decks inside the room - and make sure none of those filthy peasants can get their hands on it by profiling it! The best part is that this room can support an infinite amount of nobles as long as they wait their turn to occupy it. (Resetting it, though, may be a pain unless you include another lever.)
My wooden badge was delicious.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 07:36:28 am »

Finally I managed to setup a working military, when a pack of Zombie Ospray Man attacked. They made short work on the them, one spear dwarf even managed to land punctured wound without a spear (with his hand?). How ever the reanimated head of the slain Zombie Ospray Man retaliated, and with his beak he pulled out Zulban's lower left back tooth, and smashed it into three pieces, and broken his fourth finger on his left hand, with open wounds. I feared for infection, however the first dwarven caravan arrived at last at the end of Timber, they brough clothes and thread.

Question: will he ever heal his broken tissue on his left fourth finger? Will red wounds ever heal (for instance broken legs)?

The original reason for me post was the idiocy of Mistêm. As with every noble (he is just expedition leader), they think they know better. When I designated a down stair to be removed, he conveniently choosen to remove the stair from below, the block fallen on him, kocked him below with a broken arm.

How do I tell him to remove the stair from the side (wich is a free walkable floor)?

Also the main purpose to remove that downstair was to build an updown stair in its place, however after the removal, none of the dwarves want to build it, despite all the available resources. They don't suspend it, just don't care about it.
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 08:02:10 am »

Question: will he ever heal his broken tissue on his left fourth finger? Will red wounds ever heal (for instance broken legs)?
Pretty sure broken legs will heal if a cast is applied and a crutch provided.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 08:36:04 am »

I just solved one of the questions. I deconstruct the wall, what is beside the updown stair what is under the down stair, and build a ramp in its place, the dwarves will construct the updown stair in place of the down stair, because they are only want to construct it from below.

1.  However I still can't tell my dwarves to not deconstruct a stair from below, so it would fall on them.

2.  I have a new problem however. There is a reanimated chitin on top of an unreachable wall, and it interrups all my workers, despite it can't reach them. How can I tell my dwarves to ignore it, and go on their way?

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 08:44:46 am »

I just solved one of the questions. I deconstruct the wall, what is beside the updown stair what is under the down stair, and build a ramp in its place, the dwarves will construct the updown stair in place of the down stair, because they are only want to construct it from below.

1.  However I still can't tell my dwarves to not deconstruct a stair from below, so it would fall on them.

2.  I have a new problem however. There is a reanimated chitin on top of an unreachable wall, and it interrups all my workers, despite it can't reach them. How can I tell my dwarves to ignore it, and go on their way?
1. Try making it so that the only viable path to the stair is from the top. I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about doing that though, as I've never had to do a lot of stairway deconstruction.

2. Kill it Stop making your workers path through that area, that should stop them from being interrupted. If they can't see it, they won't run away from it.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 08:57:42 am »

1. Try making it so that the only viable path to the stair is from the top. I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about doing that though, as I've never had to do a lot of stairway deconstruction.

2. Kill it Stop making your workers path through that area, that should stop them from being interrupted. If they can't see it, they won't run away from it.

I managed to make a crossbow with 25 bolts, but my military dwarves say they can't reach the site, and don't fire on the thing even if they have both ammo and crossbow on them, and the thing is in front of them. How do I kill it? I must kill it, because this is the only way into my castle, and the damn dwarves just turn around at 1 mm from the trade depot.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 09:03:17 am »

Try putting them to station instead of attack. Your screenshots suggest that there is no way for the military dwarves to get up close to their target.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 09:08:59 am »

Try putting them to station instead of attack. Your screenshots suggest that there is no way for the military dwarves to get up close to their target.

They can. Right now the marksdwark just refuse to pick up the bolts.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 09:12:18 am »

By up close I mean stand right next to the chitin. Try setting up for a conventional siege: order all workers inside, activate all squads and station them near the chitin.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 10:28:09 am »

By up close I mean stand right next to the chitin. Try setting up for a conventional siege: order all workers inside, activate all squads and station them near the chitin.

The new version don't have the order dwarves stay inside anymore. Besides I tried them to station near the chitin, but they now refuse to grab ammo.

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 11:37:52 am »

Can you build a temporary stairway/ramp to make it accessible, kill it and remove the structure? 

Also, as fair as I know all wounds/damage will heal eventually (unless they kill you) with the exception of lost limbs (duh) and nerve damage.  I hate nerve damage.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 06:58:45 pm »

Can you build a temporary stairway/ramp to make it accessible, kill it and remove the structure? 

That is impossible. The dwarves drop the stone block at a distance of 5 squares, and after that they don't even dare to touch it, let alone finish the ramp.

However when the Giant Albatross Corpse attack occured, I had to hard press all civilians into the military and set a station point inside the fort, because all their desire was to hang out with Mr. and Mrs. ROTTEN DEATH.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:11:18 am by towerdude »

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:36 am »

Forgot to post:

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 05:46:27 pm »

BUMP
Because I still didn't had any answer for my question:

1. How do you go below the ocean, if you are not trying it on land, but on top of the water?

2. How could I kill that chitin arm, wich makes my dwarves unable to get the booze from the depot? (this drives me crazy!)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6