Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf is a Dwarf  (Read 1898 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf is a Dwarf
« on: July 02, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »

So, after so long of playing with the default tileset for DF, I've decided to give one of these tilesets a go. I don't know which one to get, or where to get it, but google can handle that if I could get a name. Which tilesets would you recommend? I know there's one that a bunch of people on the forums use.. I see it in screenshots from time to time.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf is a Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »

Tilesets on the Magma Carta
I use Phoebus, but I switched the text to Gold Plated in GIMP, and used a utility to remove all accented characters from the language files so you don't get dwarves named Ol(lever)n McUnpronouncablename.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »

I'm obviously biased, but I recommend my own, linked in my signature, as it sticks closely to the original set wherever it can, minimizing graphical glitches precisely as stated above. Towns of a certain size looking like backpacks on the world map, door tiles flashing when you designate something, and the like. I've also spent a lot of time perfecting the thing, and making it look beautiful. I have a new version I'm working on, yet haven't posted yet, but would be willing to PM it to you if you like.

CLA Graphic Set or Jolly Bastion might be more your cup of tea, as an alternative.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:00:47 pm by Taffer »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:01:42 pm »

I'm obviously biased, but I recommend my own, linked in my signature, as it sticks closely to the original set wherever it can, minimizing graphical glitches precisely as stated above. Towns of a certain size looking like backpacks on the world map, door tiles flashing when you designate something, and the like. I've also spent a lot of time perfecting the thing, and making it look beautiful. I have a new version I'm working on, yet haven't posted yet, but would be willing to PM it to you if you like.

What he said.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute