Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: This guy deserves an award!  (Read 7470 times)

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
Re: This guy deserves an award!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:52:31 pm »

Dying in a hospital is no way for a fighter to die. They should die in glorious battle!

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »

They should, but she would not have died in battle, but left alone on the battlefield, completely forgotten, to bleed out. If it was from a battleaxe to the head, then yes, a noble death, but from suffocation....
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 11:07:35 pm »

Unfortunately the poor thing died in the hospital, suffocated because the doctors didn't want ot do their job. Not sure it would have helped. At least she died in the comfort of a hospital bed rather than on the open field forgotten. All hail the noble Mebzuth Abanastod
If it will make you feel better, she never would have walked or moved again. Her upper and middle spine was broken(yikes) which I believe the upper spine would have been fatal. Also a broken skull probably wouldn't have been to pleasnt either.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 11:59:25 pm »

The broken upper spine is probably the reason she suffocated.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 12:41:23 am »

Unfortunately the poor thing died in the hospital, suffocated because the doctors didn't want ot do their job. Not sure it would have helped. At least she died in the comfort of a hospital bed rather than on the open field forgotten. All hail the noble Mebzuth Abanastod
If it will make you feel better, she never would have walked or moved again. Her upper and middle spine was broken(yikes) which I believe the upper spine would have been fatal. Also a broken skull probably wouldn't have been to pleasnt either.
Oh no, I've got another military dwarf I've nicknamed headshot, because he survived a spear through the head, smashing the skull...
I thought it would have been the lung injuries that killed her though... would have been interesting to see the fix needed if she did get diagnosed
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 01:17:23 am »

Knowing dwarves, it would have involved adamantine thread. And magma. Lots and lots of magma.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 11:21:00 am »

I can imagine the dwarven triage nurse

"Why have you brought us a big hamburger? Barbecue night is next week!"

Surpised she died - I had money on her turning out to be a vampire.  With regards to the medical dwarves, it's worth building them some nice bedrooms and dining rooms next to the hospital, so when they decide to come back from the break that they are inevitably on when a medevac comes in, they don't have too far to haul their fat asses.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 11:40:51 am »

Once my unbreakable, unfatigable super master supremme megazord millitia commander got caught outside by a gobbo siege, he killed 15 alone then he spend almost 1 month being beaten by trolls.
He SURVIVED with almost every possible body part in red and some blue organs.(Paraplegic though)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 10:02:15 am »

I abandoned a fort where I had a stupid cave-in cause the death of 1 dwarf and a war dog, plus give another a broken spine. About 1 month into the fort.

If you do have a dwarf with a spine injury survive, I suppose having a werecreature bite them would heal them up at the full moon? Of course, you may want to work out some sort of isolation system for them afterwards,

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:58 am »

If you do have a dwarf with a spine injury survive, I suppose having a werecreature bite them would heal them up at the full moon? Of course, you may want to work out some sort of isolation system for them afterwards,
Sending a crippled Dwarf out to get bitten by a were-creature is a death sentence in its own right as well... As for isolation, that's not a worry. It's only for one day a month.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »

Sending a crippled Dwarf out to get bitten by a were-creature is a death sentence in its own right as well... As for isolation, that's not a worry. It's only for one day a month.

I'm sure something could be worked out. Get the werecreature in a locked room, have Urist McCripple in the next one, with a hatch (opens instantly) in the tile where the werecreature will hit him from, then as soon as there's one bite, pull a lever, dropping the werecreature away from Urist McCripple. Something like that, anyway.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 02:29:21 pm »

If you want dwarves doctors to do thier job, assign dwarves that care about others, do the first thing on thier mind and those that have a sense of duty. Then remove all other jobs they have.

Also having your underground water supply right next to the hospital is really great, saves time when they need to clean the dwarves.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 04:16:53 pm »

If you want dwarves doctors to do thier job, assign dwarves that care about others, do the first thing on thier mind and those that have a sense of duty. Then remove all other jobs they have.

Also having your underground water supply right next to the hospital is really great, saves time when they need to clean the dwarves.
This.  And having more then one dwarf with all the hospital skills assigned, as well.  Even the uber-dedicated medic needs to sleep every once in a while.

... unless you manage to find a Chief Medical Vampire.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »

This.  And having more then one dwarf with all the hospital skills assigned, as well.  Even the uber-dedicated medic needs to sleep every once in a while.

... unless you manage to find a Chief Medical Vampire.

In my current fort I have a vampire doctor. I let him feed on useless dwarfs.(like the 5 million fisherdwarfs I get in the desert) Only once did he drink someone he was working on.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:15:37 pm by MoonLightBird »

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 05:10:49 pm »

They should, but she would not have died in battle, but left alone on the battlefield, completely forgotten, to bleed out. If it was from a battleaxe to the head, then yes, a noble death, but from suffocation....
Whats so good about a noble death?
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.
Pages: 1 [2] 3