Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: This guy deserves an award!  (Read 7473 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This guy deserves an award!
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:33:58 am »

So, siege number 2... They bring trolls, and I'd forgotten about that door I had up in the farms on the top of the hill... Needless to say, by the time my military got there, most of the farmers were dead... Although they did kill almost every single troll without taking damage. Then I notice up over the hill is a hoard of goblin bowmen, so I decide to retreat further back into my base with my troops... except one lunatic.

This brave dwarven legend ran out over the hill, dodging volley after volley of arrows, clearing three quarters of the distance between him and the bowmen without a single scratch... then BAM!!! Potshot to the head, shattered skull. Well that'll teach him. Thinking him dead, I went back and dealt with some other cleanup issues and resecured my fortress.

Then I notice this guy is still alive. Somehow he survived the headshot, and killed one of the bowmen before being shot down again. But he is not dead! I can't send a group to save him just yet, as there are too many goblins out there, but I will. Here is a list of his current injuries, but he is still alive

In case the pic doesn't work...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Believe it or not, she is ecstatic!!!
Unconscious, overexerted, winded, and in extreme pain, but still living, and enjoying life. This, my friends, is a dwarven legend. I hope she lives
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
Re: This guy deserves an award!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:39:55 am »

I bet 100 urists she bleeds out before help arrives.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:43:06 am »

She is still there! But so are the 1 and a half pages of invader.

This seems to be the siege for heroics though... An archer decided to leave the fortress, and go out in the open shooting silver bolts at random goblins. Running out of arrows, she entered a martial trance, and ran straight at one, beating it's mount over the head repeatedly with her crossbow. She has sustained a broken foot, and is crawling to help now
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:45:36 am »

Well, dorfs are known for their suicidal bravery when they're not suicidally sober.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:52 am »

I'd recommend digging a royal tomb.

Maybe several.

2 for every 1 Dwarf in the fort.

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »

She has the appearance of somebody that is eighty-one years old and is one of the first of their kind.

Whoopsa! Keep her it alive!
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 04:56:30 pm »

Is she still kicking?

ClayMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:43:40 pm »

And shes still happy

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:44 pm »

I have seen such abnormal wounds before. happened to one of my miners when a part of my huge mine collapsed. he landed in a cave, managed somehow to survive and was beating the crap out of the cave folk. someday he lost his eyes fighting a fb with some dirty venom. he still lived a happy life down there after i designated a bigger area to be harvested. died because of his infections some day. still was an epic bad ass dwarf, not like these others lazy dwarfs being only born to wait for death.
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »

I'd dig out to the archer killer, and build doors behind you, then dig your down stairs directly under her. You can then rescue her and slam the doors behind you. That'll buy you time to build a wall in the path.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 09:25:52 pm »

I'm thinking I will mount a rescue effort... My problem right now is eliminating the many other enemies. They seem to be smart enough not to pile into my cage traps when I open the bridge, and instead, they're waiting for some idiot to disobey burrows and get themselves killed.

Yes she's first of her kind... I started in year 20, cause I didn't want to wait too long for world gen

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:43:57 pm »

She has the appearance of somebody that is eighty-one years old and is one of the first of their kind.

Whoopsa! Keep her it alive!

Not a vampire or anything; try genning a 5 year world and look at all of your starting dwarves.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 10:16:15 pm »

Rescue has been a success, after many more wounds... This dwarf is getting a suite normally reserved for those nobles to keep them happy, and a promotion to captain of the guard

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:12 pm »

Considering the last captain of the guard decided since he had a masterwork adamantine sword he could just run off and try and take down goblins (then get it stuck in the wound, lose hold of it, and get killed)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »

Unfortunately the poor thing died in the hospital, suffocated because the doctors didn't want ot do their job. Not sure it would have helped. At least she died in the comfort of a hospital bed rather than on the open field forgotten. All hail the noble Mebzuth Abanastod
Pages: [1] 2 3