Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Named Stray Dog  (Read 575 times)

Maulkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Named Stray Dog
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:33:16 pm »

Suddenly got a dog with a name, thought he had bed adopded by a dwarf against my wishes. But noticed that he had "stray Wardog" on him still.

Is this normal, for a nice doggie that has killed and driven of many a goblin thief? honored with a name, same as a crossbow that is well used?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Named Stray Dog
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

Did its previous owner die, and then you trained it as a war dog? That's the only explanation I can think of, as I don't think assigned war dogs are named...

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:42:23 pm »

Pretty sure the game will name stray dogs trained or otherwise whenever they have enough kills. Kind of like any dwarf or even a random creature in the arena with a kill or two.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:15 pm »

A creature whose dwarf dies keeps the name and gets to be a stray. No clue what happens if someone else adopts it then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:26 pm »

Animals with a notable kill under their belt get named

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 11:47:46 pm »

Since you said this:
Is this normal, for a nice doggie that has killed and driven of many a goblin thief?

These are the answers you're looking for:
Pretty sure the game will name stray dogs trained or otherwise whenever they have enough kills. Kind of like any dwarf or even a random creature in the arena with a kill or two.
Animals with a notable kill under their belt get named
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 01:46:00 am »

I've had many strays with names from killing koblolds. Giant snakes rock! Giant monitor lizards too! Giant anacondas were a bit disappointing though.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.