Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Weird Screenshot Thread.  (Read 6902 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: The Weird Screenshot Thread.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:40 am »

...from the Gamebryo 2.0 engine that...

Thats the best Engine name.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 11:17:00 am »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

I took these when my graphics card at the time was starting to fail.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think the textures were coming unattached from one end and extending into infinity.
I wish I had taken a screenshot of from when this happened in several spots in a field, the whole "reality being torn asunder" thing fit the game rather well.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 11:57:24 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:01:49 pm »

Oh, man, that must be an incredibly bad spine problem you got there, buddy.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 12:20:15 pm »

I don't know if I should be thankful or sad that I missed whatever happened.

These aren't as weird as some of the others in this thread, but they do show off some interesting quirks with the railway rifle. Now if only I could have gotten a shot of the gauss rifle stretching enemy models through the scenery.

The top image caused me a bit of frustration until I paid attention and realized that the helmet was placed there involuntarily.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 12:43:54 pm »

KOBOLD PARTY in an old version of dungeon crawl: stone soup. I was training earth magic using dig then suddenly pierced a closed room full of kobolds.

Not that weird, but I couldn't help but to giggle at it.

GOOD TIMES BR0. When hellmoo was still up and not carebeary ;~;
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 01:34:10 pm »

I wish I had a screenshot of HATEMOO when I broke the game attempting to craft flatbread.

Apparently, in the bakery at the time, putting in one unit of flour ended up with approximately 8-10 units of the bread, and I had a lot of flour. There were so many in there that the game wouldn't let you attempt to remove them; an admin took a look at it later and reset the whole thing, as it was causing the NPCs to not be able to sell the bread there. That, and the fact that they were half dead all of the time.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Deedicla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 02:39:14 am »

what is the name of the game in the first screenshot?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:44 am »

Oiligarchy, a flash game that's kinda fun for a short stint.

Also wishing for years back, I had screenshots of the hoops I had to run through in order to get Fallout 3 working on my laptop. No mods, but some heavy backend scripting, because apparently the integrated "video card" that came with it wasn't compatible with Fallout 3's graphics. The end result? Everyone's heads were missing completely, and having a conversation caused the camera to attempt to find it, zooming you into the general direction of the person's head. For miles.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:04:07 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:21 pm »

This probably would be the place I'd put that screenshot from when I tried the demo to ARMA 2, and my graphics card flipped out.  Opaque technicolor bushes in a sea of stripey rainbow grass amidst the LSD dust storms caused from firing any gun more than nonce, and the entire screen fuzzed out in random places as though my soldier were rightful king of the Myopians.  Did I mention the clouds of trees floating by lazily in the distance?

Or, at least, this would be the place to put that screenshot if I'd actually taken a screenshot.  Shame on me.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »

During this moment of terror I think hunger would be the -last- thing on my mind....

Also, this.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »

I am a horrible person

Not really weird. But it's kinda funny
It's FEF, not FEOF

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 01:58:48 pm »

I didn't notice it at first, but...

Baby radscorpions getting stuck underneath map geometry is annoying. What it doesn't show is that little blob of bones peaking up and down like a seisometer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3