Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Emergency tunnel sealing system?  (Read 1428 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency tunnel sealing system?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 07:45:20 am »

you need to figure out some way for the only entrance to your fortress to be from below, then slap some hatches on it.
If you can fit a U-bend underneath any of the entryway corridors, that works fine.

Before:
#######
_______
#######

After:
#######
__ 0 __
##\_/##

That said, I'm not sure how a building destroyer's 'smash it from two tiles away' behaviour would interact with something like this. A two-tile thick wall would definitely stop the building destroyer from standing close enough on the same level.
...I was trying to leave something for the OP to think about. Maybe he's got a tower that would make a great tower entrance or a cliff he's built the fort into.

And for the ghost question, have two slabs made at the Mason's work shop, then, under rock at the craftdwarf workshop have them engraved as memorials to those two guards. Then build them somewhere. Poof, no more ghost.
There's this weird bug where you can't engrave slabs for non-citizen dwarves. Regardless of if that was fixed, I'd leave the ghosts around for ambiance and install a mist generator.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 07:53:29 am »

it was supposed to be fixed. Otherwise dfhack might help
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 01:18:31 pm »

...I was trying to leave something for the OP to think about.
Oh, now that's just confusing on a forum like this one.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]