Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 674790 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Let's A Go!
« Reply #6525 on: December 13, 2018, 12:06:40 am »

Thanks for the heads up!  And the battle :D
I'm doing DND night with my friends but we did a couple lower league battles, I lost both heh.
Going to have to check this out more tomorrow...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: December 13, 2018, 12:14:21 am »

The battle was good. Thanks for winning.
I only got 500 dust again.
I only lost cause my game lagged and got stuck on a pokemon choice screen and there was dust in my eyes and I had a thorn in my foot and and and...
Smell yah later

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6527 on: December 24, 2018, 01:19:43 am »

-
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:45:51 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: December 28, 2018, 10:49:30 am »

Hey guys, been a while. I was wondering...
Does anyone have a spare Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape with Iron First(Hidden ability) and a Spare Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra with Shell armor(Also hidden ability)?
I need them for breeding purposes so they can be total crap stats wise and either gender will do, but sadly I can't offer much in return. If anyone does have those spares, please let me know.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: December 31, 2018, 12:41:07 pm »

I've been doing a slow Nuzlocke of Crystal Clear over the holidays, and I'm starting to get really worried...  I've only lost a Spinarak so far this run, but that's after Whitney's dang Miltank destroyed 2 other runs.  Plus a hack-added burgular in the Goldenrod tunnel who wasn't scaled at *all*, had a 30-some level Meganium with leftovers.  And I know level 40 pokemon wander around Indigo Plateau which you can walk to in like 2 minutes of game start, thanks to a bridge...

The gym leaders and random trainers scale very nicely as you collect badges, but wild pokemon *and certain added NPCs* don't.  So the beginning is... tricky.  Pikasprey managed to catch a level 40 Rapidash he blundered into at level ~10, but that was just luck.

Fortunately the route to Violet City then Goldenrod isn't too bad, with very little grass and mostly dodgeable trainers.  Having Rapidash as a starter (with flame wheel) probably helped too, even low-level heh.  But once I got to Goldenrod I spent quite a while grinding there until I had a level 25 Gengar/Dratini/Rapidash.  Mostly grinding game corner coins in Goldenrod, because I'm never rematching Whitney again :P  But also electrocuting a lot of birds.

I also took the magnet train to Kanto briefly (it's fully unlocked too) and picked up a Larvitar from Celadon, but I haven't leveled it up too much yet.  I need to get it a better rock move than Rock Fall, which misses 90% 10% of the time.  And it's vulnerable to so many types, even after it eventually grows up...

My goal is to get a team of 6 to level... I really want to say 70 :/  I can technically challenge the "elite four" after 8 badges, but they have level 65 pokemon.  And some clever combos.

Fortunately I can faaairly safely grind at any of the 7 gyms I've unlocked, setting the difficulty (up to about level 40, until I beat more gyms).  It's good XP and plenty of cash, even for stat boosting items.  But it's Nuzlocke, so I can't grind if anything is left to chance.  I could have lost my Dragonaire if Falkner's level 40 Dodrio had crit...

I've saved the bug, steel and poison gyms because I remember them being easy even at higher levels.  I might just avoid Misty, since she's basically ice-water at this point (almost identical to the ice gym).  Unlocking bug and steel should help level up Rapidash though.

Current carries:
Lvl 55 Gengar with Thunderbolt, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball
Lvl 52 Dragonaire with Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Icy Wind, Safeguard
Lvl 53 Alakazam with Psychic.  Uh and other stuff... Recover I guess.  Psychic smashes everything, gave it two PP UP.  (also Disable and Reflect)

In training:
Lvl 29 Larvitar (Mostly so I can grind the psychic gym eventually, I have a sinking feeling the elite four will murder it)
Lvl 28 Ponyta (with Flamethrower.  Very fast, and full of calcium, just needs to sweep...)
Lvl 23 Golem (I love the tradeback guy, but I'm getting sick of beating up Falkner)

Backup plans:
Shuckle once I get toxic
Natu
Onix which uses sandstorm then sips full restores to victory
Poliwag?
...Golbat.  I don't wanna grind for crobat again, and it can't even Fly until then.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: January 12, 2019, 10:59:34 pm »

Conclusion of all that

I kinda half-assed the Feraligator Community Day today, due to various RL things.  Including a cute doggo.
Water starters almost as dum as fire starters fite me /s

But I'm super excited for next week, which is FEEBAS!  But it's not like other community days.  If I'm reading it correctly, we'll get the Feebass by collecting and completing research quests during the event.  Interesting change, I'm intrigued.
More importantly, there will be SHINIES~

As usual, there's a bittersweet element.  I'd been showing off my Milotic in the local gym for months now (I've switched to my shiny Roserade, heh).  Part of me doesn't want everyone to have Milotic for no effort.  It was like when the Dratini event made a rival local's signature Dragonite much less impressive...

Except that, AFAIK, people will still have to walk their Feebass!  And the more who take that on, the merrier!
From what I've heard, catching Feebass in the actual games was total BS where only certain river tiles even had a chance.  Like how only certain trees contained the rare bugs in gen 2.  And then, the process of evolving them...
She/they

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: January 12, 2019, 11:59:55 pm »

Yeah, from what I gather the game told you nothing about how to evolve feebas, so you pretty much had to get a player's guide or use the internet.

I'm glad they're doing the event to make it possible to get some more since feebas seems to be extremely rare right now.  I got my milotic and I'm happy with it.  Not interested in trying to get another just for shinies.

I hope they repeat this for some other really rare pokemon that are hard to evolve.  Example: porygon.  I have a porygon 2, but evolving it to porygon-z is going to take years at this rate since I've only ever hatched them from very rare eggs.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: January 13, 2019, 07:29:31 am »

I just started playing Pokemon Go again because of the ability to connect it with Let's Go. I initially tried pokemon Go when it first came out but stopped playing because I live in a very rural area and the game was really not designed to accommodate that. This time I was surprised to see that the tiny little village near me has 3 pokestops and pokemon actually spawn around here now. It's still hard for me to play though, two out of the three pokestops aren't really safe to walk to in winter (I'd have to walk on the highway due to the snowbanks). There's another down at the park in the village, but it's a far enough walk that I don't really want to do it when it is -20c to -30c out. I'm waiting for it to warm up enough that I can walk my dog down there without the poor little guy freezing.  I've had no pokeballs for about 4 days!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:31:22 am by Wiles »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:55 pm »

One thing that might actually help you a lot is to make some friends (and/or strangers) in your game! If you add people's friend codes they'll be able to send you a "gift" remotely every day, which you can open for things like Pokéballs, Great balls, potions, revives, Pinap berries and 7km eggs. You get them by spinning stops so if you can't reach a Pokéstop you won't be able to send anything back, but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind (especially if they're in the city and drowning in items anyway). The main thing most people like to get from it is the daily friendship-level increases, which will eventually lead to a HUGE experience gain when you go from Great->Ultra friends and Ultra->Best friends (we're talking 100,000 xp in one go). So as long as you open the gifts people send you every day, you'll get the items and you'll both get the friendship-level increase and everyone will be happy.

I really wish it had been in the game when I was first starting and my town was extremely Pokéstop-starved as well, but it's a very good feature and might help solve your problem a little bit!

Edit: As for actually finding people's friend codes, there's been a few posted in this thread and there's a lot more posted in various places around the Internet. (Like here for example.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:05:50 pm by DeKaFu »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: January 13, 2019, 01:16:58 pm »

exeggutor lays eggs that hatch into more eggs
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: January 13, 2019, 02:25:48 pm »

When you get right down to it, those eggs can lay eggs that hatch into more eggs.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: January 13, 2019, 08:20:07 pm »

One thing that might actually help you a lot is to make some friends (and/or strangers) in your game!

Thanks for the advice! I have more pokeballs than I've ever had and have gained more levels in one days than I have in my entire time of playing due to the friend gifts.

On an unrelated note, do we yet know if we'll be able to send our pokemon from the Let's Go games to the next pokemon game on the Switch?

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: January 14, 2019, 06:39:40 am »

There is no knowledge on that transfer.
It would be nice, some may say spoofers will gain benefit but decent breeders that have traded for a good iv ditto are part of the spoofing scene since the global beginning.

Theres no reason they should not is what im saying though I think they wont let us.

I play Go to meet the people in my area who like pokemon. It just turned out most were shy and unsociable couples that drove their car to play the game. I'm the only guy (that I've noticed) in my neighborhood that walks to play the game.
I usually end up at the beach and enjoying a swim with my lapras.
I kinda held on playing hoping I could transfer them to the new game and in hopes of the pvp being like the main strains... it is not my cup of tea. Nothing wrong with it really I just prefer turn based.

Hey yeah feebas community day is going to be sweet. Definitely going to go for a walk. I have the candy and caught many feebas but just never had one decent enough for me to walk it. Shiny or not a research lvl 15 will be a fun little thing to grind away.
Like always. If you want a veteran trainer to be your friend in this silly mobile game just send me your code in my box and you'll get gifts daily.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: January 15, 2019, 09:47:38 pm »

Playing a randomized Ruby.

My Old Rod fishes up Tyrogue.

This is quite amusing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: January 16, 2019, 11:50:13 pm »

Playing a randomized Ruby.

My Old Rod fishes up Tyrogue.

This is quite amusing.
Dude, he was training and you just grabbed him like that? Rude.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 463