Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673405 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5670 on: November 26, 2016, 10:35:33 pm »

I think I've noticed a difference in the rate of how fast a Pokemon becomes "full" from eating beans based on color; getting full faster means less overall affection gain. But I could be wrong on that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: November 26, 2016, 10:38:33 pm »

Better beans consume less fullness and provide more hearts. That's about it, really. Similar to high quality Pokepuffs in X/Y, pokeblocks in RSE, etc.

Also, Salazzle isn't the be all and end all. It's not really set up to take advantage of its own ability; it's just too fragile. You sneeze a magnitude 4 in its direction and down it goes.

I'm starting to see Mimikyuu sets come up. They're really frustrating to fight, because they have that one guaranteed set-up turn. Some run Bulk Up for more defense, some run Swords Dance. A 252+ +2 LO Mimikyuu Shadow Sneak can 2HKO most pokemon weak to ghost or fairy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: November 26, 2016, 10:44:15 pm »

Fake Out can apparently ruin Mimikyuu, since the flinch effect still hits.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: November 27, 2016, 02:08:38 am »

So, has anyone tried out Toxapex yet?

I can't be alone in realizing how absurd this thing is right?

Edit: Just found out that knock off still removes Mimikyu's item even if it does no damage.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: November 27, 2016, 07:31:34 am »

Since it wasn't until I woke up a few minutes ago that I realized that Fake Out doesn't hit Mimikyuu under normal circumstances(due to being Normal), does anyone know if Fling with a King's Rock/Razor Fang will guarantee a flinch even if it doesn't deal damage?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: November 27, 2016, 07:39:00 am »

Since it wasn't until I woke up a few minutes ago that I realized that Fake Out doesn't hit Mimikyuu under normal circumstances(due to being Normal), does anyone know if Fling with a King's Rock/Razor Fang will guarantee a flinch even if it doesn't deal damage?
I believe it will work, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that other than for the lulz.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: November 27, 2016, 11:26:31 am »

I wonder if Infiltrator mons can bypass Mimikyuu's Disguise? Crobat would be a handy check.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: November 27, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »

According to Bulbapedia, no. Mold Breaker(and it's variants), as well as the signature moves of SuMo's title Pokemon, do bypass it. But if you're going to Crobat it, Confuse Ray works, and confusion damage breaks it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: November 28, 2016, 08:40:10 pm »

Yes haha, thank you for sharing that!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: November 28, 2016, 08:52:41 pm »

Team Rocket complaining about these new teams.
Normally I don't care for game-based live-acted fan skits such as these but I gotta give this a: 100% TWO THUMBS WAY-WAY UP(ON FIRE MODE!)
I would love to see a new generation bring back Team Rocket as the primary villains.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: December 01, 2016, 05:55:08 pm »

Walking through my Festival Square, I see a player named MARISA, with a Chinese region code(CHS, though her personal text says Japan).

...Should I be worried about my books?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: December 01, 2016, 06:51:13 pm »

I encountered the first of the new "Ultra Beasts" just now, in that Pokemon Conservatory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm progressing quite slowly through the game, but that's normal for me. I keep trying to find rare pokemon that I missed, or messing around on Pelago, or trying to train up some alternate team members, stuff like that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: December 01, 2016, 08:20:58 pm »

For those still bothering with ORAS, you can get Meloetta via Mystery Gift->Internet. Comes with Quick Attack, Confusion, and Round, and is holding a PP Max.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meleotta will revert to Aria Forme at the end of battle, so you can't play with the Pirouette Forme in the Pokemon-amie. For those who do use the Pokemon-amie, Meloetta likes being pet on the gem-thingy on its face, but hates being pet on that headset-looking thing.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 463