Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673048 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4275 on: August 17, 2015, 08:55:27 am »

For any Pokémon Shuffle players, the Darkrai escalation battle is live.  Also new main and extra stages were added. 

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: August 19, 2015, 12:13:33 pm »

OK, I may be yelled at for this, but I no longer play Pokemon on consoles so here goes!  Does anyone have a good source for Pokemon X / Y and Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire ROMs? 

I'm getting legit versions of the games, but I actually play with ROMs so I can keep my saved games around regardless of Nintendo's forced upgrade cycle. Been burned too many times with random hardware failing or getting obsoleted.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:18:54 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: August 19, 2015, 12:28:05 pm »

Gonna have to ask elsewhere dude if you want links, since forum rules and so on. The same places that usually have good roms will likely have them, but I dunno where you'd find a decent 3ds emu yet.

Don't get how you would have that much hardware issues with them, though. My ds lite still works entirely fine if I wanted to run it, minor hinge damage aside.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:30:49 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 19, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »

As far as I know, and ignoring the legal questions, 3DS emulation isn't even a thing.  The hardware can be emulated on a single emulator and some homebrew can be run on it, but nothing commercial is even possible at this point, much less playable.  I've been out of the scene for quite a while, though, so I don't know if my sources are also behind the times.

I hear about hardware failures every once in a while, but it's usually dodgy buttons or the like.  I really don't know what Nintendo's forced upgrade cycle could be referring to.  I've never had a Nintendo console go into a failure mode, not even my NES which was notoriously obnoxious when it came to reading cartridges.  That said, I did pick up a Powersave external a month or two ago, though.  Its back-up functionality seems rather interesting to me, but once I did that, it's mostly just been collecting dust.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: August 19, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »

As far as I know, and ignoring the legal questions, 3DS emulation isn't even a thing.  The hardware can be emulated on a single emulator and some homebrew can be run on it, but nothing commercial is even possible at this point, much less playable.  I've been out of the scene for quite a while, though, so I don't know if my sources are also behind the times.

I hear about hardware failures every once in a while, but it's usually dodgy buttons or the like.  I really don't know what Nintendo's forced upgrade cycle could be referring to.  I've never had a Nintendo console go into a failure mode, not even my NES which was notoriously obnoxious when it came to reading cartridges.  That said, I did pick up a Powersave external a month or two ago, though.  Its back-up functionality seems rather interesting to me, but once I did that, it's mostly just been collecting dust.

If I want to play my favorite Pokemon games I'd have to lug around multiple pieces of hardware (GBA, 3DS) with unique charging cables and batteries which slowly wear out.  That's the upgrade cycle - the stuff doesn't stop working per se, but when a player needs multiple pieces of hardware for the games it has the same effect. Nintendo hardware itself mostly works, aside from my Pokemon Ruby and some buttons, but it's just too much hassle to use it regularly. And some buttons are important. :/

Yeah, 3DS emulation is coming slowly. Citra seems like it's getting somewhere but not playable yet. I've lost touch with places that have good ROMs aside from Emuparadise so I'll need a little lead time anyway. 
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: August 19, 2015, 01:14:11 pm »

A ds or a ds lite (but not a dsi, that would be silly) with a flashcart would cover everything except for trading and gbc/3ds games, and except for gen 1, everything else that I can think of (diamond up to alpha sapphire) has a ds version, so you could just take the 3ds and a collection of ds/3ds cards around instead. Maybe add in an emulator on a smartphone if you really wanted to play RBY.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: August 19, 2015, 01:50:04 pm »

A ds or a ds lite (but not a dsi, that would be silly) with a flashcart would cover everything except for trading and gbc/3ds games, and except for gen 1, everything else that I can think of (diamond up to alpha sapphire) has a ds version, so you could just take the 3ds and a collection of ds/3ds cards around instead. Maybe add in an emulator on a smartphone if you really wanted to play RBY.

3DS+carts, phone, wallet, keys+misc = more pockets than a typical outfit has, sadly.  Plus, I don't think there's anyway to get save games out of carts?  If there is that would be awesome and I'd definitely go the carts/3DS route until 3DS emulation gets better.
To summarize:

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: August 19, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »

3DS+carts, phone, wallet, keys+misc = more pockets than a typical outfit has, sadly.  Plus, I don't think there's anyway to get save games out of carts?  If there is that would be awesome and I'd definitely go the carts/3DS route until 3DS emulation gets better.
Such things do exist.  Except they are vary rarely if ever commercially made due to legal issues.  Really all it needs is something that converts the connection types. And then software plugins that know how to tell each particular card to dump/overwrite the save data.  I know those carts have protection but as far as I know it's more concerned about the game being played on something that isn't a game boy than just memory data being read and written.  Probably have to look somewhere like ebay to find one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:16:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans:
« Reply #4283 on: September 10, 2015, 01:42:06 am »

New Android/IOS game announced called Pokemon Go. Basically Pokemon AR game.

Edit @ 07:04: The new project is in conjunction with Nintendo. It utilises smartphones and seems to feature capturing and battling of Pokémon
Edit @ 07:07: Project is called Pokémon Go. Will be releaed on iOS and Android in 2016 in collaboration with Niantic, a startup from Google that became independent.
Edit @ 07:18: Go around and use the Augmented Reality to find various Pokémon in various areas. Meet up for various small fests for battling and so forth.
Edit @ 07:20: Junichi Masuda is assisting in creating locations, music and so forth.
Edit @ 07:21: Pokémon Go will link to the main games in some way
Edit @ 07:24: Pokémon Go comes with a device you can attach to your wrist. It's called Pokémon Go Plus which connects via bluetooth and notifies the player of any nearby Pokémon
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Augmented Reality Edition!
« Reply #4284 on: September 10, 2015, 01:57:43 am »

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's the thing I first thought of when smartphones became a thing. Now you pretty much will be able to go on a Pokemon adventure. Maybe people will be able to set up IRL Pokemon gyms with local Pokemon? Trading international Pokemon with tourists?

I... might finally have to buy a new smartphone. My current one is pretty crusty, still running Android 2.x IIRC...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: September 10, 2015, 08:00:56 am »

So its like those barcode monster thingies, but less hardware-based?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: September 10, 2015, 11:56:19 am »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!
THIS SO MUCH!!!

BUT.... What about folks like myself which are pretty rurual or low population areas with those Major events (Mewtwo capture event Timesquare example.) How would that effect us???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: September 10, 2015, 12:13:16 pm »

That trailer was so corny yet simultaneously epic that I'm actually kind of interested in this now. :P

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: September 10, 2015, 02:50:21 pm »

Hey guys which Pokemon game is the most valuable in terms of coming in touch with the specifics of the series? Unfortunately, I can't afford a 3DS with the game for it at the moment, and I think it'd be great to find out if I'm going to like Pokemon games before the buying.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:11:58 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: September 10, 2015, 03:01:56 pm »

I'd recommend any of the GBA or DS games (aside from Black and White 2), really. They're highly formulaic, so picking any game wouldn't mean you'd miss out on much. I'd personally recommend Platinum or the Gen II remakes, HeartGold or SoulSilver.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 463