Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672313 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3600 on: September 02, 2014, 02:09:34 pm »

...What the fuuuuuck.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: September 02, 2014, 02:14:25 pm »

Here's another awesome underrated pokemon. Durant!

Ohh I already know how annoying he is...

For the longest time I had a team and basically went "You know what... I am fine without having any fire moves" and Durant is the Pokémon that made me decide otherwise.

My Current team (With Hitmonchan with 3 elemental punches) isn't hurt by Durant... but still (this isn't a competitive team as you can tell by my build of Hitmonchan... Since I took out his one great move, free flinch with damage, for something else)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: September 02, 2014, 03:29:03 pm »

Oh man. I could write articles about all the Hitmons. My favorite is Hitmonlee because of the insane Liechi Berry + unburden + endure combo. In one move you get 150% bonus attack, 200% extra speed, and 200 base damage on Reversal.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: September 02, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »

We had a pokemon showdown tourney over in Community Games a while ago and my Durant was a star. I combined him with Gliscor for Baton Passed Hone Claws and the accuracy drop from Hustle didn't even really matter. Hmm, I miss that tourney, it was a really neat concept.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: September 02, 2014, 03:45:47 pm »

Durant Caveat: Remember Hustle? A key component of Durant's attack power in the above write-up? In exchange for that wonderful attack power boost, it lowers your accuracy significantly. Yeah.

If you're a player who prefers using Flamethrower over Fire Blast because you've been burned (pun intended) by the RNG making lower-accuracy moves miss too many times (often in a row >:( ) to count, Durant may not be the 'mon for you.

I personally abhor Hustle, but that said: if a high-risk, high-reward playstyle is your thing, Durant seems like a solid choice.

Edit: Or do what that ninja Bluerobin did and buff your accuracy back up. :P
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: September 02, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »

Durant itself has access to hone claws too, so you don't even need to choice it. Just hone claws once and all your moves will hit like 97% of the time if you don't like the risk.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: September 04, 2014, 08:24:50 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: September 06, 2014, 02:39:50 am »

Since we're all going to go back to Hoenn soon, let's take a look at some of the rarer, more obscure pokemon of the past few generations that some of you might not even know exist.

For example, this guy I'm going to introduce actually didn't exist until generation IV, but his pre-evolution first showed up in Johto. Even then, he's still very rare. Here's the games where you could actually catch him in game without resorting to special events:

1. Gold, Silver, Crystal (and Heartgold / Soulsilver)
2. Leafgreen
3. Pearl
4. White

That's it. Given that list, I wonder if we'll even see him in these upcoming games as it seems even Gamefreak forgot he existed.

This Pokemon is very good and I think the only reason we don't see people use him as much as he should is because of how hard it is to get him these days. You're either cheating for him or you're importing him from a Pokemon White 1 game.

Anyone know which Pokemon I'm talking about yet?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: September 06, 2014, 03:25:04 am »

Mismagius, I think?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: September 06, 2014, 03:56:53 am »

Doesn't the GTS make pretty much any non-legendary rather trivial to acquire?

I suppose you have to want the pokemon, and if it's uncommon, you might not realize that it's good...  but if you actually decide you want one, getting it is really easy, yes?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: September 06, 2014, 08:50:26 am »

Evolved pokemon introduced in Gen IV, whose pre-evolutions were introduced in Gen II.
  • Aipom -> Ambipom -- Level up knowing double hit.
  • Gligar -> Gliscor -- Level up at night holding a razor fang.
  • Murkrow -> Honchkrow -- Dusk stone.
  • Piloswine -> Mamoswine -- Level up knowing ancient power.
  • Misdreavus -> Mismagius -- Dusk stone.
  • Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z -- Trade with dubious disc.
  • Sneasel -> Weavile -- Level up at night holding a razor claw.
  • Togetic -> Togekiss -- Shiny stone.
  • Yanma -> Yanmega -- Level up knowing ancient power.

Of these, the only one exclusive to Pokemon White is Misdreavus/Mismagius. I'll admit to sometimes forgetting they exist, and I guess they're usually pretty uncommon in-game.

Talk about special events got me hopeful for something really unusual, though. :c (Which is why I stuck how they evolve in the list, like a chump)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: September 06, 2014, 11:13:32 am »

Doesn't the GTS make pretty much any non-legendary rather trivial to acquire?

I suppose you have to want the pokemon, and if it's uncommon, you might not realize that it's good...  but if you actually decide you want one, getting it is really easy, yes?

Sort of. Pokemon that don't appear in the current games tend to be rather rare, even on the GTS. People don't like putting up Rattatas, or previous-gen starters, because there's nothing notable they could ask for. (Besides other previous-gen Pokemon, but that doesn't help you if you've only got access to Gen VI.)

Now, you can always ask a nice collector for one, and most of the time they're happy to trade it for nothing. But unobtainable Pokemon in the current games are rarely thrown onto the GTS, and when they are people tend to snatch them up quickly. Frankly, I've had better luck from Wonder Trade (if you've got a bunch of unobtainables, and you aren't hoping for anything in return, why not Wonder Trade them?) than the GTS when it comes to acquiring common Pokemon from other generations.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: September 06, 2014, 11:28:39 am »

I am a bit surprised the whole pre-evolution stuff has SORT OF died down.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: September 06, 2014, 11:38:52 am »

I'm surprised there aren't more older Pokemon with only one form that didn't get more evolutions in later games.

ZANGOOSE, ANYONE? I want an evolved form for that thing! Ugh!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: September 06, 2014, 11:45:27 am »

Can you think of a preevolution that was added after Elekid? (I forget the generation)

I think the Pokémon games sort of treat the whole prevolution thing as a gimmick that they don't feel they need to explore anymore.

It probably helps that the whole thing was... sort of pointless... >_> Only being used for specific moves.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:47:03 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 463