Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672299 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3510 on: August 18, 2014, 05:25:44 pm »

So today is the first day you can get the event code for the heracross/pinsir mega stones. Is each code a different one and thus I actually have to go to a store and acquire the code in person. Also if they are uniqure since I have both X and Y will they give me 2 codes and if I want 2 codes would it be better to just bring both game cartridges to prove it or try and go during the morning then afternoon to try to hit different people working at the local gamestop.

Okay never mind. While Google failed me a good look around on reddit brought up this. Looks like if you want them you better get in quickly as there is a limited number of unique codes. Also looks like I might want to try both my strategies.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:31:01 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: August 18, 2014, 08:01:21 pm »

The thing about great types now umiman is that now Gamefreak is starting to take typing much more seriously.

The fact that the vast majority of dragons are "Dragon/Ground" and "Dragon/Flying" is not a coincidence... with Goodra only being a pure dragon because Fairy types exist now (it would never be a dragon/water because that would be completely unbalanced for a non-legendary quasi-legendary).

Besides wasn't it something like Fairy/Ghost pokemon that would have no weaknesses?

But let me see here

Fightning/Water
-Strength, Surf, Dive, Waterfall all in one pokemon YES! Get me that HM Slave! (Thanks Polywhirl!)

I need to check Fairy weaknesses... Though I don't like Fairy as a type too much because they are pretty type cast...

Then again I like the Normal type in concept but not in execution... (though the effectiveness of normal types has been steadily been going down)

Normal/Fire
-Real life animal that has gained the power to breathe fire? OOOH!!! it could be the Chimera! that would be awesome!

Ghost/Normal
-OOOH!!! an ordinary pokemon that has become possessed!

Dang Normal just enhances all the types... Girafferig do you see now how it is done?
Fairy/Ghost is weak to Ghost, Steel, Poison and I think that's it. It's neutral to Dark.

And yeah, Normal enhances most types because it makes their uncommon weaknesses neutral or in Girafarig's case, immune, while not adding very many new weaknesses.
Psychic loses its weakness to Ghost and becomes immune, while 0.5x from fighting becomes 1x.
Ghost / Normal loses its weakness to Ghost and becomes immune, while also still being immune to fighting type (without Scrappy or Odor Sleuth/Foresight).

Speaking of events, the EN-AU site of pokemon says that the Fancy Vivillon event is up for Australia, but I am not finding it. :/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:06:41 pm by Reudh »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: August 18, 2014, 08:25:28 pm »

Vivillion. Duke of Bullshittia.

Second in line to Xerneas, King of the Grand Republic of Cuntland and half-brother to the Huntail Gorebyss twins of the Douchebag Mercenary Company.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 18, 2014, 10:16:53 pm »

Apparently, GameStop stores in my area have started a special promotion today: pre-order one of the new Hoenn games, get a Heracross or Pincir in your copy of X or Y, along with their megaevolution stone.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: August 18, 2014, 11:01:17 pm »

Fairy/Ghost seems to ONLY be weak to Steel (and I think Fairy)

Unless there is some nuance I don't see.

Then again Ghosts strengths and weaknesses keep changing on me...

Hmm Fairy/Dark is only weak to Fairy

Ahh I see where the person who told me that is wrong. They assumed Fairy is strong to Fairy. When really they are neutral. Either that or they thought steel passed through ghost (an assumption that makes perfect sense)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:08:04 pm by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 18, 2014, 11:10:59 pm »

Fairy ghost is:

1/4x to bug
2x weak to steel and ghost
0x to fighting, normal, and dragon

Neutral to everything else.

----------

Fairy / dark is:

1/4x to dark
1/2x to ghost
2x weak to steel, poison, and fairy
0x to psychic and dragon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: August 18, 2014, 11:12:19 pm »

Luckily a weakness to poison doesn't matter since poison pokemon generally speaking aren't trying to kill you with globs of damage.

Unless poison has suddenly got a serious power boost I am not aware of. Which I guess is possible...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:17:24 pm by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 18, 2014, 11:17:15 pm »

Ever since fairy types came into play, poison and steel moves have become more and more common.

For poison, here are the relatively common moves to watch out for: poison jab, gunk shot, and sludge bomb. If you're in multi battles, then watch for sludge wave. Gunk shot is brutal, with 120 base damage at 80% accuracy. You will find these moves on everyone from Pangoro all the way to Rayquaza.

For steel, here are the moves to watch for: bullet punch, flash cannon, gyro ball, iron tail, iron head, and meteor mash. Thankfully, these are a lot more rare as unlike poison moves... steel moves are kinda shit offensively. It's far more common to see these as STAB moves rather than coverage, though sometimes you'll run into the weird guy with iron head on Snorlax.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 18, 2014, 11:20:55 pm »

Hmm? Unless I'm missing something...

Fairy
Resists: Fighting, Dark, Bug.
Weaknesses: Poison, Steel.
Immunities: Dragon.

Ghost
Resists: Bug, Poison.
Weaknesses: Dark, Ghost.
Immunities: Normal, Fighting.

Thus, a Fairy/Ghost would be weak to Steel and Ghost. It would resist Bug (x2). It would be immune to Dragon, Normal, Fighting.

Finally,

Dark
Resists: Dark, Ghost.
Weaknesses: Bug, Fairy, Fighting.
Immunities: Psychic.

Thus, a Ghost/Dark would be weak to Fairy only. It would resist Poison, and be immune to Fighting, Normal, and Psychic. Amusingly, that's 3 immunities and a combined 2 weaknesses and resists.

A Fairy/Dark would be weak to Poison, Steel, and Fairy. It would resist Dark (x2) and Ghost, and be immune to Dragon and Psychic.

Also, mildly ninja'd, but I spent too long formatting/researching this to not post it.  :P

Also, if you doubt the power of Steel... you've never seen an Aegislash. STAB Steel attacks off a 150 base Atk/SpAtk. Back when Geomancy Xerneas was terrorizing the ladder, having an Aegislash with Gyro Ball or (less greedily) Iron Head was absolutely essential to handling the legendary menace. Iron Head is more useful in general, while Gyro Ball outright destroys Xerneas after a Geomancy boost.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:25:41 pm by Thexor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 18, 2014, 11:23:01 pm »

Then I think the ultimate pokemon would be a Typeless pokemon.

Sure it has no Stab... but it has no weaknesses... and never will.

I actually wonder if that could work out...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:26:05 pm by Neonivek »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:10 pm »

Typeless was actually possible in Gen IV - a pure Flying-type who used Roost would become ???-type for the rest of the turn, with no weaknesses or resists.
Of course, there were no pure Flying types in Gen IV besides Arceus, who couldn't learn Roost. You'd have to Colour Change or something to pure-Flying on a Roost-capable Pokemon, and even then it was only for one turn. But hey, random pieces of glitchy trivia FTW!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 18, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »

If you want lessons in "the ultimate pokemon" you should play Hackmons on Showdown.

It's insane. Your mind will explode.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 18, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »

Well the ultimate pokemon is Unown...

Because not only does it have its own unique attack, but it never gets knocked out because no one uses them.

Unown are a weird pokemon for me because they seem like they should serve a greater purpose... but they don't...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 19, 2014, 12:11:20 am »

Ultimate Pokémon?

It's obviously PikaQ, because its mind control powers let it force everybody who doesn't play Pokémon forget about all the other ones. :P

Also, I am disgusted by the trashy man.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 19, 2014, 12:29:39 am »

Well the ultimate pokemon is Unown...

Because not only does it have its own unique attack, but it never gets knocked out because no one uses them.

Unown are a weird pokemon for me because they seem like they should serve a greater purpose... but they don't...

They did, but only in Pokémon: Crystal. There they had this whole ruin devoted to them and translating walls with their script on it, a specific pokedex and radio channel. I don't think the later games have used them in this manner again though.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 463