Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672786 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2730 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:18 pm »

That's just a little too...devouted for my tastes. People get real: Events never were meant to be nature farmed via resetting.
I'm content that it's a event legendary with the recipient's OT and ID no. as that means the owner can finally nickname it. (big thing with me: creative naming in monster raising games)

I get that timid is it's best option but sheesh...

As for nick-names, I pick whatever suits my fancy at the time of acquiring. If nothing does at obtaining, and I find one later, I use it. For those already named if I find a better name(which is extremely rare) I use that instead.
AND I'M TICKED OFF the nickname my Gardevoir from Johto had (Asuka - a feminine Japanese given name) can't be used on the 3DS due to the unfortunate middle three romaji letters...GRAHHAHAGH.
Yeah, it freaking hurts that bad!

Anyways...I'm off to EV train Crush properly, he needs a new spread to embrace Mega-evolving's given him nice bulk.
(I took crush to the Judge...I'm amazed that a Sinnoh-region luxury ball capture has...6 perfect IVs...that sort-of makes up for the lack of my import Gardevoir nickname.)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: February 05, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »

If they really wanted a specific kind of Celebi, they could just use a save editor and put it in Pokemon Black, then transfer it over via Pokebank.

Then again, I do remember something about the Pokemon reddit board having something like 80% of its population under 16.

I personally can't be bothered with it. I like showdown way more than anything else. I only like the battles. Everything else is so annoying. And even the battles on the main game are so boring. There's no random battles like Showdown has. Even if I were to transfer over a pokemon, I'd just be fighting Mewtwos and the other superpowers anyway.

I don't even want the Celebi haha. It's so lame. Freaking weak to everything.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: February 05, 2014, 09:31:16 pm »

I don't even want the Celebi haha. It's so lame. Freaking weak to everything.

I didn't really want it either, but had it been a Jirachi, oh yeah, as I'm a huge Hoenn Fan and Steel and Psychic are two of my common used types.

Personally out of the dex-ending legends i prefer the following:
Jirachi, Meloetta(singing form), Victini(okay technically dex-starting but you get the idea)

Shame there's no way to get a legit shiny Meloetta with recipient's OT, if so: Miku

Oh yeah that reminds me:
I imported a shiny Latios I caught in Johto, Nicknamed him Gekko(Eureka 7 anime ref) due to his apt coloration.
Should I build him out like a sweeper or...go for Dual Screens?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: February 06, 2014, 01:04:21 am »

Mmm... Jirachi is good. Wouldn't mind that either, especially if it had serene grace.

thunder wave + iron head for perma flinch.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: February 06, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »

Okay my Pbank Celebi is very physcially inclined, HP/ATK/DEF are all 31, and Adamant.

Shame it only gets two, -maybe- three useable physical moves.

Nice touch though: It was given to me in Luxury Ball and has my OT and ID on it. I'll keep it around due to that but man I lost big time when it came to nature.

Of course if any one can suggest a good use for it I'll likely go with that, but I'm keeping it.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: February 06, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »

Okay my Pbank Celebi is very physcially inclined, HP/ATK/DEF are all 31, and Adamant.

Nice touch though: It was given to me in Luxury Ball and has my OT and ID on it. I'll keep it around due to that but man I lost big time when it came to nature.

Of course if any one can suggest a good use for it I'll likely go with that, but I'm keeping it.

Clearly, this calls for a top-tier Hold Back Celebi, to pair with your Final Gambit Shedninja.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: February 06, 2014, 05:57:28 pm »

Clearly, this calls for a top-tier Hold Back Celebi, to pair with your Final Gambit Shedninja.
What's a "Final Gambit Shedinja"?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: February 06, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

A Shedinja with Final Gambit, which KOs the user to do damage equal to the user's current HP.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: February 06, 2014, 06:17:23 pm »

A Shedinja with Final Gambit, which KOs the user to do damage equal to the user's current HP.
Well...I don't have one of those...not yet anyways...

If I like it, I might try it, but I'd need to know the details on how to set it up.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: February 06, 2014, 06:24:53 pm »

It's a bit of a joke. Shedninja can, in fact, learn Final Gambit. But with a maximum HP of 1, his Final Gambit will deal exactly 1 damage at all times. And it kills you. Which clearly makes it a sub-standard strategy.

This video demonstrates how to win with Final Gambit Shedninja.  :D

Spoiler: Video Summary (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: February 06, 2014, 06:26:45 pm »

1. Hope the enemy doesn't have spikes / toxic spikes / stealth rock
2. Hope the enemy doesn't have toxic / will-o-wisp / leech seed

Send out Shedninja with focus sash against some super pokemon you want to get rid of. Maybe do stuff like swords dance + shadow sneak. Do as much damage until they manage to break your focus sash.

Then use final gambit to reduce the enemy by 1hp and laugh as he scratches his head.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: February 06, 2014, 06:33:50 pm »

I dislike fainting my own Pokemon to take out the other player's Pokemon.
I dislike all moves that cause mine to faint in effort to heal/mend other Pokemon on my team too.

At very least, a Hold Back Gimmick Celebi does sound nice, yeah, especially with the Perfect IVs and Adamant Nature I have on mine.

But...I would want it to be able to moderately hold it's own/deal moderate coverage as normally I do rotation battles, so team-up with said Shedinja is impossible in that situation, Hold Back isn't useful in that setting.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: February 06, 2014, 06:47:12 pm »

It's really not a viable build, unless you like being a vicious troll. Even ignoring the "opponent always survives" aspect of Hold Back, it's still weaker than Tackle as a damage-dealing move.

On a more practical note, Celebi has access to U-Turn. Not as good a scout as Scizor, but it might be usable. Return's a passable option, though it's kinda weak without STAB. Facade is bloody useless on a Pokemon with Natural Cure. Not really a lot of other Physical moves in Celebi's arsenal, I'm afraid, even with his flat 100 stats...

EDIT: Got my own Celebi. Perfect HP/Atk/Def as well. Thankfully I rolled 28 SpAtk and a neutral nature, so at least I'm not totally screwed building a Physical Celebi. My speed of 0-7 is pretty bad though...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:15:33 pm by Thexor »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: February 06, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

It's really not a viable build, unless you like being a vicious troll. Even ignoring the "opponent always survives" aspect of Hold Back, it's still weaker than Tackle as a damage-dealing move.

On a more practical note, Celebi has access to U-Turn. Not as good a scout as Scizor, but it might be usable. Return's a passable option, though it's kinda weak without STAB. Facade is bloody useless on a Pokemon with Natural Cure. Not really a lot of other Physical moves in Celebi's arsenal, I'm afraid, even with his flat 100 stats...

EDIT: Got my own Celebi. Perfect HP/Atk/Def as well. Thankfully I rolled 28 SpAtk and a neutral nature, so at least I'm not totally screwed building a Physical Celebi. My speed of 0-7 is pretty bad though...
You are aware I didn't even want the Celebi in the first place right? And that the only reason I'm even sitting on mine is: It's an Event legend you can rename...(Reminder: Nicknames are big things with me.)
I wasn't screwed at all in that regard...especially considering I only picked it up to clear my Pokemon Link data base for future usage.

EDIT: Anyways back on subject: Yes my Adamant will have U-turn, that is non-negotiable.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: February 06, 2014, 07:58:06 pm »

Seed bomb, u-turn, light screen, thunder wave, reflect, stealth rock, synthesis, swords dance, zen headbutt

Use some of those moves for your adamant Celebi.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 463