Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673819 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: VGC MONKEYS DEAR LORD
« Reply #5400 on: October 07, 2016, 12:24:06 pm »

https://youtu.be/19T-UN3igrQ
https://youtu.be/rga9wUdKRk8

This week's Pokemon Generations episodes are out, focusing on Silver and the Legendary Beasts respectively. Oh also here's last week's for anyone who missed it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: October 08, 2016, 04:02:33 am »

Although I'm sure the rival's gender is mentioned at some point, I always assumed the Gen 2 rival was a girl for some reason.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: October 08, 2016, 04:30:17 am »

Although I'm sure the rival's gender is mentioned at some point, I always assumed the Gen 2 rival was a girl for some reason.

Spoiler: Nope, boy. (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: October 08, 2016, 04:33:46 pm »

He'd be a hot girl, though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: October 09, 2016, 06:40:52 am »

I am trying to think of Gimmicks that Pokémon has yet to tap into yet...

They got Super Moves
A Super Type
Mega transformations
Another Mega Type Transformation
A pokemon that needs to be evolved in a special way twice
The ability to combine two pokemon together
4th stage evolution

I guess the only thing they don't have just yet is a Legendary that evolves...

OHH WAIT!

Well it isn't like this legendary starts off as a weak pathetic pokemon that is nearly useless...

OHH WAIT!

---

Ok so the two gimmicks they have yet to do are

1) Allow pokemon to use moves while still in their pokeballs
2) Allow more than 6 pokemon somehow.
-In all fairness that is more card game type gimmicks.

Ohh wait I know

3) Two (or more) pokemon who turn into one pokemon during a battle!

I think the 3rd is next.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:44:02 am by Neonivek »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: October 09, 2016, 07:08:36 am »

Technically, the first one is possible with Beat Up.

OHH WAIT!

Well it isn't like this legendary starts off as a weak pathetic pokemon that is nearly useless...

OHH WAIT!
Zygarde? I don't think that Zygarde would be especially weak even in its 10% Forme.

What's this Super Type you're talking about?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: October 09, 2016, 09:01:44 am »

OHH WAIT!
Unless you're talking about Mega Evolution or other temporary forme changes, I don't know what you're talking about.

2) Allow more than 6 pokemon somehow.
Already confirmed for Generation 7. There's a Rotom haunting your Pokedex.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: October 09, 2016, 09:21:46 am »

OHH WAIT!
Unless you're talking about Mega Evolution or other temporary forme changes, I don't know what you're talking about.

He's talking about what's NOT in yet, but will probably be added to keep the series going should they need to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

In this case, there's already a possible candidate; Phione evolving into Manaphy, given that Manaphy breeds(with Ditto) to create Phione.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: October 09, 2016, 06:23:49 pm »

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:31:35 pm by penguinofhonor »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: October 09, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »

Scarred by what? The sprite splice, or the godawful choice of background music?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: October 10, 2016, 02:33:18 am »

Scarred by what? The sprite splice, or the godawful choice of background music?

Both the music and the soul-piercing eyes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: October 11, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »

Huh, happened across a fangame I'd never heard of, gave it a shot... and it's pretty damned good. Called Super Pokemon Eevee Edtion. The premise is basically GenII (with a seriously shaken-up map) blended with a lot of mechanical changes and a total overhaul of combat that basically replaces the Pokemon system with Final Fantasy. Here's a breakdown of most of what I've seen so far.

The starter is an Eevee which (with a key item) can transform between any of its eeveelutions both in and out of battle - you start with the base form, Volteon, and Vaporeon, gaining the others at some point in the future. This is less OP and more important than it sounds initially, because...

You can't catch wild pokemon. "Pokeball shortage", they say. There are two ways to get more 'mons: story progression (you get to choose one of the GenII starters after beating a pretty decent challenge in the first city you get to, incidentally not the gym), and (after concluding that sequence) by battling "corrupted" 'mons which appear rarely(?) in the world (rather than random encounters in grass) and using a key item on them to revert them to their normal forms after defeating them. Other than that, I only know that you can come back to that place in the late-game (it recommends post-Gym 5) and fight a tough battle for a second of the GenII starters.

Battles, as mentioned above, are FF-style; your maximum party size is limited to four 'mons. Here's what they look like, taken from the first gym leader:

A lot of moves have been adjusted for this, stuff like Sand Attack and Smokescreen affect the whole enemy party, for example. The type chart and (as far as I can tell) learnsets remain unaltered from GenII. Graphics are better though. There is no move limit. They accumulate like FF spells: you can have as many as possible on a 'mon, and use any of them in battle. Time bars are present, and fill according to each 'mon's speed. Limit starts when a 'mon drops below 25% HP. Most crowd control moves (though now AoE) have a markedly lower chance of hitting, apparently - Cynda's Smokescreen was only 30%.

From what I can tell, there are no HMs, all that is put into items instead. You get the bike from the start of the game, same with PC storage access for 'mons.

Battles have a chance of dropping "trash" loot items which you can refine at Pokecenters into item progressions which conclude with producing TMs, vitamins, &c.

Berries are less shit - they almost all give HP, PP, and cure a status condition, or something similar. No planting of them though, as far as I can tell.

Oh, and PP is treated like MP in other RPGs. Your 'mons each have PP pools, every move requires a specific amount to use, and every 'mon has a four-turn-lock "recharge" move that refills their PP.

I was dubious about the concept, but... it's actually very, very cool. Still very much a Pokemon game, but with all of the OCD 'mon training bullshit and easy 'mon acquirement removed, combined with a combat system which is much more satisfying (IMO) and more plot stuff going on. Dialogue is a little too meta-jokey at times, but eh. The full-party battles definitely shake things up, there's a lot more value in having a varied team with support moves, and none of the usual swap-spamming cheese strats.

Also no fucking sylph scope and wiki needed to find hidden items, they have a small (but visible) sprite of disturbed ground that you can see with your bare eyes if you're paying attention.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: October 11, 2016, 06:40:27 pm »

What? but HMs are the most important and fun part of Pokémon!

All the pokemon fans tell me!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: October 11, 2016, 07:35:51 pm »

I like HMs, but only because I love utility spells in anything that has moves you can learn. Things like Magelight in Skyrim, Slowfall in WoW, Telekinesis in Runescape.

My fantasy Pokemon game is an action-adventure where there's very little battling and you use different Pokemon moves and properties to solve environmental puzzles.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 463