Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673831 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: VGC MONKEYS DEAR LORD
« Reply #5385 on: October 05, 2016, 12:19:40 pm »

Meowth's pokedex entries seem to imply that in the game verse at least it's just collecting loose change it comes across and hiding them somewhere until it has to use them in battle.

Which... given what a Meowth is based on...

The "Somewhere" is INSIDE ITS HEAD!

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: October 05, 2016, 03:21:45 pm »

So...

Does payday create counterfeit coins? or are the coins themselves valuable?

What is odd is that the show implies that yes... they are counterfeit coins... but that for some reason they are 100% redeemable.

I am not sure if that says bad things about the Pokémon economy... or that their economy is so great that someone can flood the market with extra coins and everyone will be perfectly fine.

My guess is that Pokemon's universe is mostly post-scarcity and that they're "nominally capitalist". They have machines that can more or less instantly heal injuries, their tech is shown frequently to be advanced enough to read and process dreams into viewable content and also to resurrect long dead pokemon from fossils; team aqua/magma has a unique environment suit much smaller than astronaut suits, which can cope quite easily with space, and many more things besides.

My other guess is "It's just a game/cartoon, shit doesn't really need to make sense".

They also have solar roads, a fairly high incidence of psychic power among the population, the ability to convert solid matter into energy and energy to data, the ability to create new life forms ex-nihilo re: Porygon, teleportation technology, kinetic force generators, advanced genetic engineering labs, limited time-travel capability, and, assuming Bill keeps any kind of notes on his experiments, the nascent ability to fuse humans with Pokemon. Even in ancient times, they were able to construct a life force-manipulating superweapon capable of eradicating all life on the planet.

Even without the mons themselves, I wouldn't want to get into a war with PokeEarth. They scary.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:50 pm »

they were able to construct a life force-manipulating superweapon capable of eradicating all life on the planet.

Sooooort of...

The machine was closer to a nuke in terms of devastation.

Someone just found a way to overclock it with... legendary persuasion :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: October 05, 2016, 05:10:54 pm »

Meowth's pokedex entries seem to imply that in the game verse at least it's just collecting loose change it comes across and hiding them somewhere until it has to use them in battle.

Which... given what a Meowth is based on...

The "Somewhere" is INSIDE ITS HEAD!

The cartoon has shown that the charm(the coin thing) on Team Rocket's Meowth's head can be forced inside of his skull, apparently with no injury - and it was assumed to have been cut off with no particular harm besides an unhappy Meowth until it popped out.

they were able to construct a life force-manipulating superweapon capable of eradicating all life on the planet.

Sooooort of...

The machine was closer to a nuke in terms of devastation.

Someone just found a way to overclock it with... legendary persuasion :P
Didn't that guy plug his dead girlfriend* super-unique Pokemon into it to power it? I've not played X/Y.
*The Japanese version of Gen IV has fluff stating that humans used to marry Pokemon. The English release changed it to humans hunting Pokemon. Given what most Pokemon are based from, both could work.

Even without the mons themselves, I wouldn't want to get into a war with PokeEarth. They scary.

So far, I think only three actual wars have ever existed in the Pokemon Earth: the war 3000 years ago(with the superlaser), the Japanese Warring States period(there's a game about that one, I think), and whatever the hell Vermillion Gym Leader Lt. Surge was involved in.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: October 05, 2016, 11:09:25 pm »

And then it turns out that Lt. Surge is just a military otaku who got too deep into his fantasies.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: October 05, 2016, 11:43:38 pm »

The game about the Warring period...

I have NO idea if it is canonical or not... mostly because it is "The ambition of Nobunaga" combined with "Pokémon"... Right down to those being the same people.

The only reason I don't flat out say "no that is stupid, of course it isn't"... Is because BOY does it just fit in nicely with pokemon canon a little too well.

It is one of the few crossovers I can think of where it actually makes MORE sense to consider it canonical than not.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:47:10 pm by Neonivek »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: October 06, 2016, 12:02:17 am »

And then it turns out that Lt. Surge is just a military otaku who got too deep into his fantasies.
God damn it surge stop larping and get to work
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: October 06, 2016, 04:42:10 am »

The thing is, one of the trainers in Surge's gym mentions that Surge saved his life "during the war". Also, the wars I mentioned, the X/Y war took place in ancient France(so it's probably a Celtic war). Surge is supposed to be American. Maybe it's a case similar to Big Boss/Kaz Miller(Miller tried to suicide/kill BB with a grenade, BB stopped that and banged him)?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: October 06, 2016, 09:41:51 am »

For people planning on buying Sun and Moon on the eshop, it's been revealed on the japanese website that the game will take up 3.2 Gb, almost twice the size that ORAS and XY were. It's been said that a 4gb SD Card is not enough to fit both the demo and the game simultaneously.
It's FEF, not FEOF

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: October 06, 2016, 03:51:19 pm »

Damn... I really wanted to get a Pokémon Go Plus to help with my hand issues, but I ended up missing the first release and it sold out everywhere. I wasn't too concerned, since I figured I could just wait until it restocked... but I just called two different EB Games and was told both times that the item's been discontinued and they won't be getting any more. :'(

The only other places that stocked it in Canada that I know of were Best Buy and Amazon.ca. Amazon.ca has been sold out since July and Best Buy's page for it is just gone.

Has anyone heard anything about a second run, or am I just screwed?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: October 06, 2016, 05:27:48 pm »

The thing is, one of the trainers in Surge's gym mentions that Surge saved his life "during the war". Also, the wars I mentioned, the X/Y war took place in ancient France(so it's probably a Celtic war). Surge is supposed to be American. Maybe it's a case similar to Big Boss/Kaz Miller(Miller tried to suicide/kill BB with a grenade, BB stopped that and banged him)?

Spoiler: Metal Gear!?! (click to show/hide)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: October 06, 2016, 11:57:27 pm »

For people planning on buying Sun and Moon on the eshop, it's been revealed on the japanese website that the game will take up 3.2 Gb, almost twice the size that ORAS and XY were. It's been said that a 4gb SD Card is not enough to fit both the demo and the game simultaneously.

You can get a 32gb SD card for like ten bucks on amazon.
Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: October 07, 2016, 04:30:43 am »

The problem is transferring data to the new card. I'm not sure on the exact steps, but on the N3DS, you have to open the thing up(voids warranties) to get the card out as well.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: October 07, 2016, 08:53:04 am »

No you don't; there's a slot that you open up that the thing just slides out of.

On the Old3DS, yes, you're right. On the New3DS, there is not a slot. I have both forms of 3DS: a 3DS XL and a New3DS XL. The 3DS XL has a fairly secure, large SD card slot on the right side, below the midway-positioned stylus.
The New3DS has three labeled ports: the AC Adapter, like the O3DS, the Game Card slot, again like the O3DS, and the headphone jack, again like the O3DS. There is no visible SD card slot on the exterior.

That said, the N3DS does have accessibility to the microSD slot, though this involves removing the back cover, which involves a screwdriver. Those not really familiar with opening things up probably want to shy away from such things, as the cover itself is easily flexed and scratched.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: October 07, 2016, 11:31:57 am »

The problem is transferring data to the new card. I'm not sure on the exact steps, but on the N3DS, you have to open the thing up(voids warranties) to get the card out as well.

Yeah, I keep my original SD card in my carrying bag thing.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 463