Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: barrels of "liquid"  (Read 3388 times)

Professor Normal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
barrels of "liquid"
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »

So, I was perusing the goods the dwarven caravan brought, and I noticed something strange: a barrel of "liquid". Not giant bat blood, not dwarven wine, but "liquid".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone ever seen this before? I'm on a vanilla game, with just the Lazy Newb Pack.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: barrels of "liquid"
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:17:26 pm »

No, But heres what you do: Get a Test subject, put them in a room with it, see what they do. If they drink it, you know its ok.
If not, I would read it as you getting scammed by traders who poured stagnant water into a barrel and called it surprise soup.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:52:34 pm »

My previus fort had that happen.  Sadly, when I exited the trade screen to get more junk to trade, the trade depot exploded into flames.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Professor Normal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:57:42 pm »

No, But heres what you do: Get a Test subject, put them in a room with it, see what they do. If they drink it, you know its ok.
If not, I would read it as you getting scammed by traders who poured stagnant water into a barrel and called it surprise soup.

I have a thirsty farmer locked in the same room as it. We'll see what happens.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:18:26 am »

Known bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1044
I still say its a feature:
Bale Tirinura, Trader: Trust me, this here is very fine duck blood, cheap but fresh!
Ursit McBroker: Uh, Ok. Lets see, ale, ichor, ale, blood, blood, al-hey whats that?
Trader: Oh, that? This, is, uh, Liquid?
Broker: Why is it that color?
Trader: It's uh, special. So secret I cannot tell you.
Broker: Why would I buy it?
Trader: To find out of course!
*a little later*
Trader: He bought the story.
Shady Government official: Excellent.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:51:33 am »

In the words of Solid Snake: LIQUIIIIIIIIID!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:24:58 am »

I've had them bring 'Deer n/a barrel' before. n/a is usually when a liquid hasn't been correctly defined, but I had never edited deer raws. :P

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

Yes, long ago I posted about some Cat N/A barrels I had offered.  I made sure to get some.

i also have been offered mysterious liquids, sometimes left behind (yesterday the dwarven caravan showed up, I lugged 100 bins for trade, they said they were busy unpacking, then suddenly there were no traders to trade with.  Then they announced they were leaving soon, packed up to leave, and left most of the contents littered on the path out--all forbidden.  No attackers at the time.  So, I took the stuff.  Later, I had no problem trading some of it, so it appears none of it was considered stolen.)

Some of that was liquid barrels.  I just trade them back to someone else or dump them.
igless

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »

I'm surprised at the lack of "yep, me too"s.  I get traders with barrels of "liquid" all the time, although more with 34.7 than 34.11.  I always play vanilla with a graphics pack added.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:37:28 pm »

You are using a texture pack, therefore its not a vanilla game. Just pointing that out, and its a known issue.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:41 pm »

You are using a texture pack, therefore its not a vanilla game. Just pointing that out, and its a known issue.
I know, that's why the specific mention of the graphics pack.  They are also very common, just based on the number of screenshots on the forums with graphics in them.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 04:18:01 pm »

Texture packs are technically just swapping the font.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Professor Normal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 07:14:15 pm »

I have a thirsty farmer locked in the same room as it. We'll see what happens.

The farmer has died of thirst. Ah well, no mystery booze to haze the migrants with.

Urist McIgor "Sir, Urist McTestSubject has died. It would appear that they mysterious liquid is not potable"
Dr. Urist Frankenstein "No, Urist. We have only shown that one dwarf would rather die than drink it. We need more trials. And magma."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 02:49:45 am »

So... The Dwarf refused to drink the mysterious liquid? Who could've known?
Pages: [1] 2