Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over  (Read 37411 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:37 am »

Even if my kill hadn't gone off, I imagine I would have been quickly hammered.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2012, 11:00:51 am »

Goddamnit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2012, 01:37:11 pm »

Well, fuck.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »

Also, congrats, King!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »

Well, that was one of my worst games ever.

Mine too. I fucking knew it was Leafsnail. If I hadn't played so poorly... oh well, congrats!
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »

I was objectively terrible.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:50 pm »

Mine too. I fucking knew it was Leafsnail. If I hadn't played so poorly... oh well, congrats!
I only realized it post-day kill.

'Why wasn't there a kill?'
'Must be a doc...'

Also, next round starts...when?

And if so, a few questions before (if I am still applicable for joining) going in:
> The KM doesn't change in a round? Meaning the whole 'game' until death?
> There is no NK on the first round (N1)?
> The first two 'pages' of the role list means the first two posts, not the forum pages?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:39 pm »

I only realized it post-day kill.

'Why wasn't there a kill?'
'Must be a doc...'

Also, next round starts...when?

And if so, a few questions before (if I am still applicable for joining) going in:
> The KM doesn't change in a round? Meaning the whole 'game' until death?
> There is no NK on the first round (N1)?
> The first two 'pages' of the role list means the first two posts, not the forum pages?
The game's over. There's a new King of the Mafia.

But, in the interest that Leafsnail runs one, the KING MAFIA changes each Round. The whole game is several Rounds.
There is a nightkill every Night, so long as the mafia chooses to use it.
And yes. The first two posts.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2012, 01:46:35 am »

The game's over. There's a new King of the Mafia.
The King is dead. Long live the King! All hail King Leafsnail!

in the interest that Leafsnail runs one, the KING MAFIA changes each Round. The whole game is several Rounds. There is a nightkill every Night, so long as the mafia chooses to use it.
I was waiting for this; thanks for confirming that it's Leafsnail that's the King, not Shakerag. Nothing against Shake, of course, but it's true that the game was not won by him, but by Leaf while on holiday. Bastard. There were plenty of clues. His "but then I won't knooow!" being the biggest, which I saw, and thought fishy, but his defence had been too good, Toaster's attack on Imiknorris too scummy, too close to end of day to reevaluate in detail... yeah; fair win by the winner, fair lose for the losers. God save the King.

I would like Leafsnail to run the next KotM game soon, and I'll in for sure. But I know that in his place I'd wait at least a little bit, have a few days of basking on the title's glow before putting it up for auction again, so I don't begrudge him the gloating he is sure to do (as I would do) when he's back from Greece.

On the game itself, not much to say except:
a) Leafsnail did indeed play very well, very cautious and cunning. He avoided suspicion, and when I voted him he didn't flinch or show any scumminess whatsoever. It was extremely well played, worthy of the win and the title.
b) Toaster got scummier and scummier as the game went on. His last day attack on Imiknorris was pretty scummy overall (in context), so I felt justified to hammer him at the time. In hindsight I can see Leafsnail playing me like a fucking puppet, as I hadn't been played since VM3 (or 4, don't recall) by JanustwoFace, with Pandar taking the part of the other idiot townie...
c) The lack of nightkills was really confusing. Even rereading now, I'm not sure I fully understand it. Yeah, Tiruin delayed Leaf N2, but I'm not sure what happened to the N1 kill, and wuba never actually posted Leaf's full role, and actions for everyone. wuba: please do.

For future reference, I copy here a couple of PMs I exchanged with wuba:
Spoiler: PMs (click to show/hide)

Finally, I have to say: wresting the King of the Mafia title from the random upcomer won't be nearly as satisfying as taking it from you, wuba. Games permitting, I'll eventually be it, at least for a little while, but it will never be remotely as cool as taking your purple mantle from your royal shoulders and placing it on mine. Maybe this: next round, you'll enter, I'll let you win, so you'll be it again, and then I'll beat you, yes?  ...otherwise I guess my last go at that is to find you on chess.com again and battle there for the other kingship. We ought to do that anyway, and I promise fun games and flavourful aftergame posts regardless of results. You up for it?

... it should never be forgotten that a King is still lower than an Ace, i.e., an Emperor.

But damn, I wanted to be both. Oh well.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:33 am »

Leafsnail killed Toaster N1. He was protected by you, Bookthras.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2012, 09:00:32 am »

Oh hey, everyone admits that they played worse than they should have. Maybe it's telling of the quality of the setup, huh?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2012, 09:36:40 am »

Glass houses, Dar.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

Leafsnail killed Toaster N1. He was protected by you, Bookthras.
I'd still like to see Leaf's full role, please, and a detailed list of who took what actions every night. Comments on the chess, the mantle, the gloating or lack thereof would be welcome, but not required. Also, your games need more flavour!

Oh hey, everyone admits that they played worse than they should have. Maybe it's telling of the quality of the setup, huh?
Dude, give it up. I admit no such thing. I played my top game, and was nonetheless fairly beaten by the new King of the Mafia. The game was fair, and it was well played. I have nothing against the quality of the setup and hope to in for the next one. It's too bad there are no games worth joining at the moment, so I retreat to the bench in defeat (after posthumously handing you your ass in a platter in Cybrid 5), probably until Meph's ready for P21.

Sure, in hindsight, or under time pressure, I saw some things to which I could have reacted better, but that's normal in all games, even if one is playing at best form. When I say he played me like a puppet, I'm not presenting an excuse, I'm praising his game. For reference, here is the VM game I mentioned earlier where JanustwoFace played me like a fucking violin, and ToonyMan seduced Pandarsenic to an extent liable to leave permanent marks. That was also a fair game, and a good setup. Such are the vagarities of these ludic pursuits, and we wouldn't have them any other way.

In retrospect, the nail in the coffin was probably that "hammer now if you are scum" move by Toaster. It's true that even if I had been scum I wouldn't have (given the time pressure), and even as town I was briefly tempted to hammer UI because I genuinely thought he was scum at the time; had I succumbed to the peer pressure or been a bit more sure of myself than normal, I would have, expecting him to flip scum... only to be hammered myself (or NK'd, as it happens) in immediate return. It made Toaster's subsequent moves all the more suspicious, and Leaf's replacement request and extremely cunning play throughout that sealed the deal.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:23:43 am by Bookthras »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »

Dude, give it up. I admit no such thing.
Oh, okay. Not everyone, just NF, Toaster and UI, all of which were at the top of the last page. That's half of town. A huge coincidence, don't you think?
after posthumously handing you your ass in a platter in Cybrid 5
Dying on D1 does not qualify as 'handing me my ass' in any form. And I would have won had I not tried to give town victory by checking ZU's alignment. So yeah, next time I'm going to eliminate all traces of altruism that may remain somewhere in my nature. UI's going to suffer. Painfully.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2012, 01:03:06 pm »

after posthumously handing you your ass in a platter in Cybrid 5
Dying on D1 does not qualify as 'handing me my ass' in any form.
It does, in this form: posthumously. Toony's bomb eventually exploded your ass instead of mine. It just had a slow fuse.

And I would have won had I not tried to...
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15