Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244845 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1125 on: June 26, 2017, 09:41:36 pm »

They'll probably not allow that to happen. Relays host a number of important things that I don't think anyone's willing to put in the effort to move.

Quests, the bi-weekly rare-item trader, etc.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 26, 2017, 11:11:26 pm »

Fomorians are basically giant Death Stars come to destroy relays, which are basically social hangout spots.

Fusion Cores were replaced with Endo. They've all been converted automatically, so you still have your Core equivalent.

In other news, people are getting really antsy for Harrow. And salty about a possible Hydroid Prime.
He's in theory next, but its too soon after Fern Prime to be hydroid.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 26, 2017, 11:49:11 pm »

I got back into this.  Currently have Volt, Rhino, Frost, and Mesa, and only frost still ranking up.  Mesa is fucking crazy, with power efficiency and good pistol mods her 4 just deletes crowds and big guys alike.  Killed hyena pack in two seconds, almost strong enough to one-shot sentients.

I think the lore is pretty neat but the gameplay is just so at odds with it.  They went too over the top with warframe powers, it's a little silly to hear the Lotus telling you to watch out for increased patrols cause you're in a high-security facility while your squad is blitzing through at 50 miles an hour obliterating dozens of corpus a second.
Shoes...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 27, 2017, 12:17:17 am »

I recently finished my Volt Prime and have been enjoying him. Sprint through maps like The Flash, then when I need to stop I can pop invulnerable shields that also make my own guns stronger! And if things get hairy, massive aoe stun that lasts practically forever AND gives my team overshields.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 28, 2017, 11:31:42 pm »

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 29, 2017, 11:28:10 am »

I wonder what will happen if all of the relays are forever asplode...

It wouldn't surprise me if they had some sort of event waiting in the wings to construct new relays.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 30, 2017, 03:46:15 am »

I suppose it depends on what you want out of the game? I'm not super lategame pro MLG myself, but I like collecting stuff. I want to complete the mastery levels for all the weapons and preferably collect as many of the weapons and frames and mods as possible. Although super trash items I might throw out if I can easily get them later.

I suppose right now the main reason to come back is to get the new warframe that came out? Unless you just like playing the game for the sake of playing the game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 30, 2017, 04:06:06 am »

Holy shit, that's a lot of patch notes. I like how co-op doors are referred to as friendship doors among other little touches- sure seems like DE is listening to its community.

The community can be -super- bitchy about things though, particularly its subreddit. I'unno. Curious thing to balance, innit?

Admittedly, though there's a few quests, raids, mastery, etc still to do, I feel like I've done most of the game. Much as I want to come back, I don't know that I have a reason to. Unless I play an alt account to unlock everything again, I dunno. Not sure if that's fun. Is that fun?

The new quest is very short and literally a filthy frank video.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's basically all the new content.
Shoes...

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 30, 2017, 11:41:27 am »

The new quest is very short and literally a filthy frank video.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's basically all the new content.

I settled in for an evening of running through the quest. Done in less than an hour. We can now redo quests so I can check if I missed anything.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 30, 2017, 12:02:02 pm »

The quest isn't the huge timesink, its the harrow systems.
Chassis is literally just run some fissures and you will eventually pick one (or two, or four) up from dead corrupted enemies in the mission just like oberon parts from eximi.
Neuroptics are kuva fortress spy, which can be ivara'd until it works.
Systems is hidden in Defection rot C, on Neptune or Saturn. Phobos defection has less chance to get it instead of a relic.

Also, today is baro day. He brought the Aklex Prime relic again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 08, 2017, 06:59:34 am »

I don't get to flail my e-peen around much, but... I got Harrow systems on my first run. Wasn't even trying, just soloed it to get the feel of the defector mission again. Spy mission only took two runs, and I'm getting more chassis than I know what to do with.
Buoyant on this success, I took a stab at Tyl. Finally got that last Equinox bp that has eluded me for what feels like forever.

Turned my attention to Nidus. Yeah. RNG can go fuck itself. I'm not getting that frame without paying. Also, pubs have funny ideas of what 'Keep station A fed' means.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 09, 2017, 04:06:14 am »

Nidus wasn't too terrible when I did it. Then again, when I did it, the mission was bugged.

Tennocon came and went. https://www.warframe.com/news/tennocon-announcement-recap

DE announced everything. No, seriously, they announced some batshit insane things.

There's a copy of the last hour wrap-up on the official YouTube channel, found here.

Umbra's in the next major quest.

Next Prime is Hydroid, with Ballistica and Nami Skyla Prime.

Next new Frame will be based off of glass.

Custom melee weapons. It'll be a mix-and-match system, but you can name them.

Weapons and armor for the Operator.

Open World Gameplay Expansion, called Plains of Eidolon. 17 Minute demo here. Tons of stuff. The area is 9km squared.

More that wasn't mentioned in the recap includes:

Playing as Stalker. Whether it's just a Con-Only thing or will be implemented as a possibility remains to be seen.

Art Panel Leaks, showing us a fiery Kusarigama, some of the customizable melee options.

More leaks, including new armours and weapons, as well as some sort of zombified Grineer, and finally the ability to colour Wraith and Vandal items.

Kind of surprised my YouTube feed isn't flooded with Warframe Streamers recapping the convention. I can only find a handful of videos at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:43:19 am by BlackFlyme »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1138 on: July 09, 2017, 06:08:59 am »

Custom melee weapons sounds interesting, at least.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 22, 2017, 10:59:11 pm »

Out of curiosity, do we have a Bay12 clan?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 133