Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244847 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1005 on: November 05, 2016, 06:55:45 am »

Iunno, paris mk.1 serves me p. well.

But... TWWOOO GRAKATA has served me better...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 05, 2016, 07:04:00 am »

Aren't warframe slots 20p each?

Speaking of Trinity Prime, got my parts for that cooking. Ash Prime is a couple days out from finishing.

As for weapons, without needing to deal with T3-4 endless survival and defense you can easily do most content with a Mk.1-Braton, provided you're willing to waste a tater and 3-4 forma on it. Almost anything can be viable, and when it comes to warframes almost anything is on its own. Though it kinda hurts that the starters are only 1/3 on good frames now.
The only easily-argued bad starter is mag, and you can clear that up by...being very particular about your build and not doing things solo. Excal is still excal and speedframe is still speedy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 05, 2016, 07:56:58 am »

Say that again once you've tried the real Paris.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 05, 2016, 07:59:29 am »

Say that again once you've tried the real Paris.
Or the Paris Prime, or the Dread, or pretty much any non-daikyu bow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1009 on: November 05, 2016, 08:18:58 am »

Speaking of Dread, I had my first non-dying encounter with Stalker the other day. Unfortunately, no BP dropped. Am waiting to get Dread before advancing to the quest where Stalker's gear changes.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 05, 2016, 08:24:00 am »

Speaking of Dread, I had my first non-dying encounter with Stalker the other day. Unfortunately, no BP dropped. Am waiting to get Dread before advancing to the quest where Stalker's gear changes.
Doesn't matter. Stalker will continue to appear to drop dread every other time and almost never drop hate, despair, or molten impact, even when he gets the War bp added to the drop chances and his shadow stalker loadout.

Plus, you need to have Second Dream done (along with Sedna Junction) to play War Within. Which is next week.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:27:10 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 05, 2016, 08:43:58 am »

There's really no point in staying with Mk1 weapons when you can just buy the blueprints for their regular versions from the market :v

But I haven't found a primary weapon that I really liked yet, so I've just been staying with melee. The Quanta is ok, but not that good against stuff that isnt Corpus. Apart from that... Everything seems sort of meh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 05, 2016, 09:04:50 am »

If your Quanta (Vandal) is only ok, you probably haven't used the alt-fire. Its a pretty nice weapon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 05, 2016, 01:43:18 pm »

Does require you to map the alt-fire onto something easy to use, though. And dear god does the "jam" (i.e. not having enough ammo to fire a cube but still having ammo left) get annoying.

Aren't warframe slots 20p each?

Speaking of Trinity Prime, got my parts for that cooking. Ash Prime is a couple days out from finishing.

As for weapons, without needing to deal with T3-4 endless survival and defense you can easily do most content with a Mk.1-Braton, provided you're willing to waste a tater and 3-4 forma on it. Almost anything can be viable, and when it comes to warframes almost anything is on its own. Though it kinda hurts that the starters are only 1/3 on good frames now.
The only easily-argued bad starter is mag, and you can clear that up by...being very particular about your build and not doing things solo. Excal is still excal and speedframe is still speedy.
Excal is great, natch. Mag is trash compared to most frames (and Prime, as I've been finding, is playable at best). Volt is pretty bad right now as well, though Volt Prime's advantages make him decent. The problem is with his incoherent kit. Passive and 2 are all about being sanic fast, 3 is all about being slow and tanky/buff-like, 1 is a sorta decent CC, 4 is completely counterintuitive (as you have to build for negative power strength if you want it to be effective, especially against high-level enemies).

Basically if you want to use all of his kit, you need Efficiency, Duration, Range, and (negative) Strength. Compare to (say) Loki: even if you want to use his entire kit, you need at most Efficiency, Duration, and Range. If you just want to perma-stealth or just want to spam CC, all you need is Eff/Dur or Eff/Range. With Volt you basically ignore half his kit. 2 is great, but 3 counteracts both 2 and the passive. 1 is okay, but loses all its damage if you mod for 4 (which has vastly better CC), and ability damage is mostly shit anyways outside of certain frames and situations.

He really needs some love, is what I've saying. Not a bad frame, but an ability rework to fix the ability rework needs to happen, and he deserves a sprint speed buff (because seriously, a frame all about being speedy gonzales with 1.0? wat)

Of course I completely understand why Loki isn't a starter frame any more, that's basically just giving clever players the keys to do an end-run around 85% of the game's difficulty.

There's really no point in staying with Mk1 weapons when you can just buy the blueprints for their regular versions from the market :v

But I haven't found a primary weapon that I really liked yet, so I've just been staying with melee. The Quanta is ok, but not that good against stuff that isnt Corpus. Apart from that... Everything seems sort of meh.
That's pretty normal for early on, most of the guns available from the get-go are kinda crap. That said, here are two lists of suggestions. Both stuff you can get now/soon and Prime/Syndicate stuff you'll need to run relic missions/grind points for.

[Primaries]
  • Hek: ML4. Probably the best shotgun in the game. Insane damage. The syndicate version is worse because it can't use the syndicate mod for the Hek. Ammo-efficient.
  • Paris Prime/Dread/Rakta Cernos: Bows. ML4/0/12 respectively. People constantly argue over which is best, but since endless T3/4 doesn't exist any more effectively they're all completely broken and the differences are largely moot. Ammo-efficient.
  • Amprex: ML5. Dojo research though, so you'll need a clan (even if only for a day or two; there are plenty that will let you drop in to buy BPs). Chaining lightning rifle. My personal favorite. It's a crit machine and spews status procs as well. No physical damage so you can slap on toxin and melt armor for days. Ammo-hungry
  • Soma Prime: ML6 Regular Soma is kinda shit. This is a crit machine that also does decent status. Gonna take a lot of forma and rare mods to get it fully set up, though. Ammo-hungry.
  • Tigris (Prime): ML4(13). The 'other' shotgun as far as I'm concerned. Does primarily slash (whereas the Hek does puncture mainly), but their damage is so high that it doesn't fucking matter most of the time. Main difference is that the best Hek variant is much easier and faster to acquire. Ammo-efficient.
  • Snipers: They're all pretty shit in the current game state, don't use them.
  • Tonkor/Penta: Grenade launchers. ML5/6. Use the former if you can aim, the latter if you can't. Make things go boom. The Penta can and will kill the shit out of you with misaimed shots, the Tonkor does a maximum of 50 damage to you.
[Secondaries]
  • Lex Prime: ML0. Pretty easy to acquire. Solid damage. It's a classic for a reason.
  • Vaykor Marelok: ML6. The non-syndicate one is easier to get and still pretty good. It's a fucking lever-action handcannon, what more do you want? Good crit and status chance.
  • Sonicor: ML2. CC. All the CC. Easily the most fun weapon in the game. Make shit go flying everywhere while still doing decent damage.
  • Tysis: ML4. 50% status chance. Innate corrosive damage. What more do I need to say? It's a goddamn armor-shredding machine. Slap on more toxin and electric mods, add the usual suspects plus punch-through, laugh at Grineer. It makes an immensely satisfying sound.
  • Synoid Gammacor: ML6. Innate magnetic damage, 20% status chance, it's a beam. Short range, ammo inefficient, highly situational (AKA FOR CORPUS USE ONLY). But it's a blast to use and melts shields fast. Useful as a touch-and-die weapon in lower level play, you can just fast-swipe across crowds to clear them.
  • Akstiletto Prime: MR5. Literally a pair of cut-down Soma Primes. Good crit, great status, eats ammo like no other. Reloads so fast you barely notice that you've stopped firing.

Melee: Use whatever you like/is mission appropriate. I have no goddamn clue what's meta now apart from maybe the one-shot stuff still being popular and Covert Lethality daggers being niche but loved among certain crowds.

That's all just stuff I've used and enjoyed/done well with. Not exhaustive, definitely not anything like a meta tier list.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 05, 2016, 02:08:18 pm »

Stuff I'd add to that list:
[Primaries]
Opticor:ML6. Clantech. Its a giant goddamn laser cannon. Its awesome (if a bit slow to fire). Ammo efficient.

[Secondaries]
Normal Lex: Easier to get without relics or plat. Otherwise go for the prime, Lex P is great.
Kulstar: ML4. Needs a Kraken to craft (the kraken is crap anyway). Fun clusterbomb launcher for when you want explosives but don't want to use your primary slot. Don't shoot anywhere near yourself, you'll blow yourself up. Works on just about everything, at least as far as I've tried.

Melee: Use whatever the heck you want, its probably good if its not a machete. Redeemer with the Bullet Dance stance is fun. Heliocor is more pub-friendly to your scanning adventures than helios, but a bit harder to get. Heavy weapons are popular.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 05, 2016, 02:59:55 pm »

I highly recommend the redeemer for a melee weapon, if only for melee only sorties. Having a gun is very useful, and the spira isn't that great, at least when I tried it. Also, the telos boltace is a rather interesting melee as well.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 05, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »

Note about the Redeemer: even though it's a huge shotgun, it's completely silent, and does get the 4x stealth damage multiplier even at range. It's surprisingly good for sneaky assassinations.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 05, 2016, 03:53:35 pm »

Eh, right now I'm using the Broken War because it has a builtin Catalyst. I'm trying to build a Nikana Prime (which is slow but double resources means double traces which is good for relic farms), but I could use another good one-handed prime sword because I like Crimson Dervish. I also want to make a Galatine P but it's mastery 13 ;_;7

As for primaries, I have built the Tonkor and Penta. Penta seemed better, though, despite still being a little underwhelming. Tonkor has very little ammo and a long reload. But they're both indirect fire, not really what I'm looking for. I'm two parts  (not the rare ones) away from a Soma Prime, which seems good. I'll try some of the other ones you listed, I've got a clan with all tech, so that's good. Also, I'm trying to build a Vectis Prime because I found the Vectis pretty fun, even if it's not very good.

As for secondaries, my main problem is that I don't currently want to invest in secondary mods, I've got primaries to do.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 05, 2016, 04:11:11 pm »

Besides Serration/(Primed) Point Blank/Hornet Strike, most weapon dps mods aren't especially expensive to max, really. Like, to the point where those mods are usually the only ones that aren't maxed on my favorite weapons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 05, 2016, 06:23:11 pm »

Yeah, but I'd rather save up my Endo to max my Vitality or Steel Fiber, or my recently acquired P Flow and soon to be acquired once I have one mil so my friend can trade it to me P Continuity

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 133