Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Reaver American Unity Empire: A LP of Darkest Hour: Fallout Mod  (Read 10601 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

After discussing my exploits at far greater length than appropriate in the Show us your Empires topic, starting here, I've decided to make a topic dedicated to showing off the Reaver American Unity Empire.

Link to the mod's official forum: http://terranova.dk/viewforum.php?f=15
For some reason, I find their forum hard to navigate.

Here is the Reaver Empire currently:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the state of the three alliances:

I think my alliance might be winning.

Post if you want to join your fellow forumites on the front lines:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reaver American Unity Empire: A LP of Darkest Hour: Fallout Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:15 am »

I feel compelled to turn on Auto-Promotion of my officer.

As you can see, my colonels really need at least another rank before promotion to general, as their improvement rate will decrease even more at general:

Do officers learn from losses?

But as you can see, I really have no choice:

I already have four divisions not lead by any officer due to officer shortages, and most of my armies are near capacity.  In order to continue adding units to my army, I'm going to need more mid-range officers.

For those familar with Heart of Iron 2 but not this mod, here is the ranking scheme in the Fallout mod:
Major: 2 divisions
Lt. Colonel: 4 divisions
Colonel: 8 divisions
General: 16 divisions? (I don't have any, it might be 12)

I currently only have two colonels and two lt. colonels, and not enough majors to allow further expansion of my forces.

Well, I activated Auto-Promote, and sure enough, one of the above colonels became general, but on the bright side most of my majors became colonels.

Just to prove this mod has a sense of humor, my only airforce minister is the fighter ace, reducing fighter costs but increasing bomber costs.  I sort of doubt this will be useful, unless I get bored and want to shoot down some Enclave Vertibirds.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:50:43 pm »

What is your technology like?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:04 pm »

PTF. Considering spending signifigant monies on Paradox grand strat games once I invest in a better Laptop, which I can justify as a needed expense for work... :)
This is a blank sig.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:07:13 pm »

Do you mind telling me what value your "Vault City.txt" file has under "random = xxx" ?
It's an error i keep getting, that stands in my way of trying that mod for a while now.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 02:20:51 pm »

What is that final war thingy?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 02:31:40 pm »

Final war is a feature in the game just to give players something to look foward to - all remaining parties join together in three factions to decide the fate of America: Dictatorship of Men (led by the President of the US), Jihad (led by the Chosen One), and American Unity (led by the Reavers, currently). Then we get a massive, war, hooray!

But yes, General is 16 battalions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »

Note that the Chosen One possesses a massive number of pre-war energy weapons from an untouched polar station at this point in the story.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 02:46:33 pm »

Do you mind telling me what value your "Vault City.txt" file has under "random = xxx" ?
It's an error i keep getting, that stands in my way of trying that mod for a while now.

From what I can see, there is no "random = xxx" line in the Vault City.txt file.

Cool fact: Vault City is Germany in the Vault City file!  Kind of makes sense, when you think about it.

I'll post my tech review shortly.  Overall, Reavers are about average for our tech year.  Nothing futuristic, but most stuff modern, with a noticable exception in air and naval research, where I am just now leaving land for air and sea.

Final war is a feature in the game just to give players something to look foward to - all remaining parties join together in three factions to decide the fate of America: Dictatorship of Men (led by the President of the US), Jihad (led by the Chosen One), and American Unity (led by the Reavers, currently). Then we get a massive, war, hooray!

But yes, General is 16 battalions.

I should probably mention that the Former United States or the New Republic of California usually leads the American Unity.  If the Former United States perishes with no allies, then the New Republic of California takes over the alliance.  But both factions perished while I was a member of the American Unity (for some reason, there were few armies protecting the FUSA's provinces...), so my Reavers took over the alliance.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 03:01:05 pm »

As requested, here is the state of my Post-Apocalypic technology:

Strategically, I am moving my forces towards the Reaver-Mutant border, as I plan on inviting Vault City to join my glorious alliance soon, which would bring us into war with the Mutants and the Huns.  It would be nice to gain territory for a change: the Robot Nation keeps taking the land we're liberating to the west.  From the social techs above, Vault City's policies are similar to our own regarding other inhabitants of the wastelands (aka "work harder slaves!").

I have to say: I disagree strongly with the potrayal of the Reavers in this mod in regards to other races of the wasteland.  I chose monodominace because it was the only option available; same with the slavery tech line.  Unfortunately, I didn't play Fallout: Tactics far enough to encounter the Reavers, but the Fallout Wiki mentions that the Reavers and Mutants would patrol the wastelands together, and I can't really see any references to slavery in their culture.  So, it would be nice if the player could chose in this area, at the very least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 03:15:02 pm »

I've always questioned how some of those Secret Techs are unlocked. The Spiders get Giant Spiders, I imagine.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 03:18:18 pm »

Most are unlocked by a combination of staring faction (you're right about Spiders getting spider techs), events (my alien techs came from the X-files event series) and prerequisite techs (vault locations has a chance of being unlocked with one of the computing and electronics techs).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 03:31:33 pm »

Posting to watch (for all the obvious reasons).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:33:23 pm »

Hmmm. Can we see if we can get some tech off of the eastern BoS? Would make our lives eaier if we could have power armour.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 03:55:47 pm »

Unfortunately, they don't know how to make power armor either.  However, their assistance on Zepplin creation was most helpful (being the Eastern BOS, they are willing to give us their secret technological knowledge for a tidy sum of caps).
Pages: [1] 2 3