Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85732 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 9 [Pirate ETA: 1 Day]
« Reply #270 on: June 30, 2012, 01:20:09 am »

Well for one we're gonna need gunnery placements / bunkers along the edges of the pit-trap, they would have to be resistant to dust / mass particle spam too. Also lots of machineguns for our soldiers.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 9 [Pirate ETA: 1 Day]
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2012, 01:51:12 am »

The mines are shaped, yes.

You work at creating a series of smelters and extractors for efficient production. This being completed successfully, as indicated by your increasing reserves of elements, You and the Tech Drone begin to adapt the Munition Fabrication Device located within Our lab to produce the basic parts for the Laser Cutters and Tribarrels. As would be expected, the process works excellently past the first, mildly amusing error of a Useless Triple Laser Cutter and a Drone-Sized Light Energy Rifle.

Lastly, you begin production upon a device to automatically assemble and charge batteries, which goes well. You once again lack the time to design an automated system for the Flowers.

It is morning. The standard Food delivery comes, as does a Unit of Royal Jelly.

You consider Your options, but are open to others.
1. Ingest Royal Jelly periodically through the night to attempt to develop Cold Tolerance
2. Attempt to make a Queen from a Larvae
3. Wash some Royal Jelly down with some Sulfuric Acid to attempt to develop Acid Spit
4. Upgrade the Tech Drone with greater intelligence, sensory organs, and limbs
5. Assist the growth of the Predator Larvae
6. Something else?

[You Are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Virtually Undetectable to Casual Scans, Very Little Chance of Pirate Detection
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
3 Units of Low-Quality Synthetic Food
6 Units of Standard-Quality Synthetic Food
1 Queen's Fruit (Poisonous to Drones and Warriors, 3 Meals)

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon
- Unnamed Moon]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:52:43 am by Ross Vernal »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 10 [Pirate ETA: 1/2 Day]
« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:19 am »

I choose number four.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2012, 02:02:31 am »

I like four and five.
 I REALLY like two, but we need some food reserves first : (...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2012, 02:14:45 am »

Your Navigation Drones report the successful download of Administration data on the pirate.

They are a moderately recent threat. Rumors suggest that the pirate captain is Nita Perroc, a well-known arms dealer who vanished with a shipment of Heavy Railguns and her fleet one fine day five years ago.

You reflect that young Queens are known to rebel at times, and briefly feel a sense of admiration for Your rival, followed by a sense of murderous hate. A deviance is a problem, and a deviant Stranger-Queen is the worst kind of problem

You continue to process the information. The Pirate Queen is known to possess a carrier with a sizable fighter wing, several warcraft, and at least six stealth raiders on the planet, in addition to several hundred advanced infantry, quite a few stealth cargo ships (at least half of them by law, the rest by technology), and a respectable fleet of intergalactic-standard cargo spacecraft. There are suspected to be two Colony Domes of the Administration under the Queen's control, as well as an unknown number of Holdfasts.

Her standard modus operani is one of cunning: waiting months for the optimal time to pull off a job, finish it cleanly and quickly with no witnesses, and to escape. It is thought that her judicious use of information and spies acts as a form of virtual immunity to the law. Her appearance is entirely unknown.

It is, perhaps, useful to know Your enemy. Obviously, Your rival Biped Queen is NOT aboard the doomed assault craft, because nothing is ever that easy.

( :D )

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2012, 02:19:39 am »

Begin designing cameras and micro tactile sensors if we have enough time, later refit them into a suit to make thermoptic cam.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2012, 03:02:10 am »

What weapons do they use beyond the stolen railguns? ; directed energy (particle(plasma), or em(laser)); kinetic energy (more railguns?)

Given they have railguns, we need to create a directed energy field ; project it at a few degrees to vertical, and incoming kinetic strikes can be deflected with a minimal amount energy expenditure.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2012, 03:30:23 am »

Bipeds are fond of projectile weaponry, electric weapons, and explosives, as well as chemical warfare. They do have energy weaponry, but it's big and inefficient. They are theorizing about gravity weapons. In other words, We are WAY ahead of them as far as energy weaponry goes.

(Before You ask, yes, the trauma plates are heavily coated with non-conductive material.)

Plasma weaponry is mostly limited to the "explosives" type, although Bipeds have been known to wield modified plasma torches that essentially act like a combination between flamethrowers and swords, and a variation of a plasma mine that relies on contact (and tends to melt the hand of the user).

Meta-note: Plasma weapons. Science is not SUPER hard, given, you know, hivemind ant/wasp/crab monstrosities, but I am a fan of trying to get SOME of it right, stupid moon elevator aside. :P

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2012, 03:42:02 am »

Just to be clear, the humans have access to vessels that can practically travel between galaxies?
Sounds like the optimum armour against the bipeds would be non-conductive and flexible...

Theorise what would be required to withstand the sort of bombardment that the pirates could wield against us.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52:36 am »

It's a big empire, and intergalactic travel is not an uncommon thing. Human ships are slow and primitive, but can catch rides in or attached to larger, faster ships by other Stranger species. You can eventually get that technology, but We are dirtside for what will likely be a long time.

The Milky Way is kind of a backwoods, generally speaking. Don't ask me for a map and press for details, since I honestly don't know and it won't matter for a very very long time.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:11 am »

Oh, personally I would take-it-or-leave-it but if you are interested in that sort of thing, here is another scientific accuracy in science fiction setting web-site.
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/
Read the First Post!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2012, 04:50:57 am »

Acid spit, I want acid spit. I want acid spit

But cold tolerance is needed, too.

My vote either 1 or 2
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 30, 2012, 07:41:48 am »

I vote for cold tolerance. It is a Good Thing for Us the have.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2012, 07:53:14 am »

I vote for 4 AND 5.
-Produce a Soldier-Sized Heavy Pumped Energy Tribarrel for every Soldier.
-Fertilize the flowers with the Barrel of Improved Fertilizer.
-Carry out flower care automation plan from last page.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 30, 2012, 09:58:36 am »

Get all properly equipped soldiers into defensive positions in case our trap fails somehow.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57