Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fun in the New Evil Regions  (Read 3211 times)

MassDebater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun in the New Evil Regions
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:28:54 pm »

Me and a friend decided to embark on an evil area, as I hadn't yet seen the new evil weather. Here's how it started:

*opens unit list and sees nothing*
"Just dead grass and trees. This will be easy"
*unpauses and orders walls to be built around entrance*
Urist McMason cancels build wall: Interupted by raven corpse.x20
"This why we brought a military"
*Sends in axedorf and hammerdorf*
*Raven latches on to the axedorf's head and tears his head open*
*Hammerdorf kills raven*
Urist McAxedorf has been ecstatic lately. He admired a fine door recently. He has witnessed the death of a lover recently. He has been severely injured recently. He has been attacked by the dead recently. He took joy in slaughter recently.
*Axedorf survives just fine with his chest torn open and his skull torn open*
"Why is it zooming here? What is an "Eerie Soot Cloud"?"
*Cloud misses fort just barely, huskifying all the wandering animals*
*Hammerdorf and axedorf keep fending off swarms of raven corpses and guineacock husks*
*All dorfs but one die*
*Makes burrow in path of the last cloud*
*Cloud comes back and misses the dorf*
Urist cancels living: Interupted by raven huskx20

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun in the New Evil Regions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:41:39 pm »

Epic

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:51:38 pm »

Husks.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:09:57 pm »

If you manage to get a fort going in a place like that I think you would almost have to add some Biohazard Level V decon gear to every entrance.  It won't stop the husk, but at least it would wash the dust off preventing new husks being created in the fort.  Won't do a damn thing for self-revivifying corpses, of course ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

Fun is the only way to describe the new Evil regions. With a magma chute the corpses are generally manageable, until the sieges start at least. The clean up becomes a bit more difficult when there are about 80 corpses and body parts lying around.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »

At that point I'd probably just get cheap and cage-trap/atom-smash them. Or build a huge battle chamber covered with a bridge to atom-smash all corpses after a siege.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:48:25 pm »

Not dwarfy enough.
The only way is to sanitize the land with magma.
Feeling down? Click Here!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »

Not dwarfy enough.
The only way is to cleanse the impure of the land with the mountains life blood.
ftfy
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 04:59:21 pm »

At that point I'd probably just get cheap and cage-trap/atom-smash them. Or build a huge battle chamber covered with a bridge to atom-smash all corpses after a siege.
Why atom smash them?  Lure them into the pit, then close the bridge to hold them.  If a living, breathing, siege shows up you'll have to raise the bridge to stop them -- but then all the undead path to your enemy instead of you.  8)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »

Zombies aren't particularly picky about who they are attacking. It sounds perfectly feasable to have a fortress defense system based on dropping attackers into a pit of zombies, though in the end the result will just be, more zombies.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:42 pm »

Zombies aren't particularly picky about who they are attacking. It sounds perfectly feasable to have a fortress defense system based on dropping attackers into a pit of zombies, though in the end the result will just be, more zombies.

You mean more defenders, don't you?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 08:40:17 pm »

I currently have a 2year old fort right in the middle of an Evil Soot and Zombie filed wilderness.
It is also right next to a Mythful wilderness, So every so often I have Unicorns fighting Zombies.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »

Will atom-smashing corpses in these regions get rid of any and all ill effects they bring?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Felix False

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »

Dig a pit underneath that pit that feeds straight into hell itself. Wait until you have a zombie army several hundred strong, then drop them in to see what happens.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »

Dig a pit underneath that pit that feeds straight into hell itself. Wait until you have a zombie army several hundred strong, then drop them in to see what happens.

Why do I feel like that could work, or... what happens if you just end up with zombie hell demons? That could potentially make things worse... er... I mean... more fun.
Pages: [1] 2