Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Why are my legendary miners producing alot less ore than they used to?  (Read 5852 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's pretty easy to bring coal on embark, at only 3 points each. I usually bring about 100... 900 coke is more than even Charlie Sheen could ever use.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's pretty easy to bring coal on embark, at only 3 points each. I usually bring about 100... 900 coke is more than even Charlie Sheen could ever use.
How many steel bars does one man need?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many dead ravens does one Loud Whispers need?

How many were-civets does one Loud Whispers need?

How many times has Loud Whispered got his butt owned by ravens?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

I want thousands of steel bars...but I tend to bring malachite/tetrahedrite, cassiterite, and mismuth on embark so I can make enough serrated discs to buy the first few caravan's outright and fund my steel factory.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can flux blocks be used for steel industry?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

How many in-jokes does one forum need?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Nope. Once a boulder of stone or ore (or any other source of blocks) is made into blocks it becomes entirely useless for any purpose besides construction.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

How many in-jokes does one forum need?
How many goblins must one fort burn, before the siege will end?  How many years must the kittens run free, before the fort slows to a crawl?  The answer my friends, is blowing in the wind...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^^ I was waiting for that reference, right there.  Ah, it comes around naturally, kind of organic.  Thanks for that.  Carry on.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. Once a boulder of stone or ore (or any other source of blocks) is made into blocks it becomes entirely useless for any purpose besides construction.

Yeah, that's one of my main complaints at the moment.  It would be especially useful if the various crafted rock goods (goblets, crafts, etc) would use blocks as inputs instead of raw stones.  Same thing for making mechanisms and furniture.  The downside would be that you have to turn all stone into blocks first before it is useful.  But I don't see that as a big deal now that you get 4 blocks from 1 stone.

My wishlist for the stone issue:

- Give us a 2nd dig/channel command which takes 2x as long but produces 50% more stone.  So instead of "d-d" or "d-h" you could command "d-D" and "d-H" for the slower method.

- Allow skilled masons to produce more blocks from a single piece of stone.  So with good luck and a highly skilled mason you could get 8 blocks/stone, while with bad luck/skill you might only get 3 blocks/stone.

- More workshops that use blocks as inputs instead of raw stone (mechanic workshop, craft workshops, furniture recipes)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I just want them to accept both, but blocks produces more and has a higher chance at a high quality or something like that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Cut out the useless operation and cut blocks directly from the terrain.

Order your miners to 'carve block' and then designate the quarry.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

- Allow skilled masons to produce more blocks from a single piece of stone.  So with good luck and a highly skilled mason you could get 8 blocks/stone, while with bad luck/skill you might only get 3 blocks/stone.

I agree with all of that post, except this part. The blocks come from dividing up the boulder. If each boulder is being divided into 4 pieces, it makes sense, but if you're dividing it up into a random amount of peices, then block weight and volume will have to be made more dynamic, and construction projects like walls and floors and furniture production would also have to depend upon achieving a certain volume of material for the product, which is made difficult now because you've got 250 granite blocks of x volume and 600 granite blocks of x*0.5 volume, and another 135 blocks of x*0.736 volume (I'm just bullshitting the numbers, but you get the point, right?) It's simpler for Toady, if using blocks in item production is made possible and for the sake of wall constructions which would have to be cahnged to account for this, to simply keep with four blocks/boulder and say 1 block = a good section of wall or x quantity of mugs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's one of my main complaints at the moment.  It would be especially useful if the various crafted rock goods (goblets, crafts, etc) would use blocks as inputs instead of raw stones.
Just switch to prepared meals as your trade good of choice. If you really want quantity over quality, have one kitchen for your proper meals and the rest for biscuits made of tallow and other cheap single-unit ingredients.

I don't see what the fuss is about rock crafts having fewer raw materials available now. The only reason they ever got made in the first place is because they were a way of dealing with excess stone and still getting something out of it, and now people seem to be complaining that there isn't enough rock at the same time as they make crafts to try and get rid of excess rock.

Old clothes are better at the role stone crafts used to fill anyway. There are too many of them and they're cheap and useless, but because there are so many of them they can buy you quite a bit when the caravan comes.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can people seriously be complaining about a lack of stone? I use massive stone craft and furniture industries, and so far I've found that the recent change only leads to me having 2,500 times more stone than I need rather than the usual 10,000.
Pages: 1 [2] 3