No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35687 times)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! Sixth Cube!
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2012, 01:55:04 pm »

So, er, how long until the Borg reproduce?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2012, 02:01:23 pm »

I don't know? :P

Game might start spawning Cubes at random point in time. After that, it spawns more, and I think the amount of 'spawned per game' is tied to difficulty level. This might be the last one spawned, or there might be 20 more waiting, I dunno, never played on Impossible difficulty :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

Huh, so the Borgs are only spawned? They don't get to make more depending on how many systems they assimiliated, etc.?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2012, 02:06:21 pm »

You want a Miranda destroyer? I can get you one :P

Absolutely!  I'll take the Venice B if it's still available.

Huh, so the Borgs are only spawned? They don't get to make more depending on how many systems they assimiliated, etc.?

You know, somewhere, someone will have made a mod for them to do just that.  It's almost certain.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2012, 03:06:45 pm »

Sorry Iituem, got your request too late :P Besides why you want an inferior ship to your Amabassador-class cruiser?

===

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

236.2 have warped into Dulisian system. It's just one warp away from Ariannus, which is doomed. From there, the Cube might start 'disassembling' Romulan Neutral Zone, or it might attack Morikin or Altec systems. Or just randomly warp away to Romulans, who knows.
We asked Ferengi for 5k credits of tribute for our help, we will see if they agree.

Next turn and Cube 236.2 warped to Morikin, starting to slaughter the population.

Oh my god. It's designation is 237, but I'm not able to check if it's the original 237 or maybe it's 'sequel'. Still, it means that Admiral will have to deal with another Cube whilst he is there. After that, he will get back to our territory, and two reinforcement fleets await him - at Shelia and near Sol.

All Oberths and Mirandas destroyed in the fleet, except USS Kirkland B. Lucky bastards.
That leaves Admiral's fleet at 23 cruiser-size ships and 1 destroyer. We decided to retreat for now and get reinforced with new Takara-Shelia fleet. USS De Ruyter, Galaxy-class cruiser, is finished at Yridia.

Next week, USS Gravina A, Ambassador-class, Shelia.

Week after that, USS Makarov A, another Galaxy cruiser, leaves Yridia yards. Ferengi want an alliance, but screw you midgets. You didn't even repaid me for defending your capital system!

And next week we get 2 Galaxies (USS Navarra A, USS Lazarev A), 1 Ambassador (USS Shelton A) and 1 Miranda (USS Alameda B). We also lose Morikin system and Romulan cruisers are hovering near our border.

USS Stratford B, Miranda, is built at Yridia next week. The Cube from Morikin went missing as it didn't attacked any of our systems or outposts.

Just as we got declaration of hostility from Ferengi, they attacked Mintaka and Takara outposts, destroying the former. Romulans pierced Romulan Neutral Zone and struck Outpost near Altec.
Tian An Men, Lantree and Brittain, all B-variants, are finished this week.
Chalnoth is wiped off their home system, and currently we're trying to find out where the Cube is as we lack an Oberth-scout in Admiral's fleet.
Goddamn-! The end of affiliation are stranded our Galaxy-class ships in Ferengi space! The fleet is doomed if we leave it here, and doomed if we split it up! The runaway cube warped to Atalia system deep in Ferengi space and our spies say that one of the cubes must be in Harod system, the population there dropping rapidly.

This is worst thing ever.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Rule of Acquisition 431: The surest way to offend a Feriengi is to ask him for money.

Rule of Acquisition 381: Don't offend those whom you need as allies.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exactly. Well, they'll come running back to you once they get even more beat up anyway.

But seriously, we might have a Wolf 359 on our hands because of the whole mess... Oh well, at least we seem to replenish our ship supply really quick anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

But seriously, we might have a Wolf 359 on our hands because of the whole mess... Oh well, at least we seem to replenish our ship supply really quick anyway.

We hadn't had Wolf 359 three times already? :P

The Borg War already claimed 45 starships. Of the small kind, sure, but still.
SigFlags!

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well on the bright side we now know how many targeting sensors cubes have! I'm glad you're having fun.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now all we need is to have some fun with the Dominion come knocking in... Too bad we don't have the Dominion in this game though. :(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

We hadn't had Wolf 359 three times already? :P

The Borg War already claimed 45 starships. Of the small kind, sure, but still.

Yeah, anyone else think it odd that the Wolf 359 tactic works in this game, but in-canon no ships survived the "mass all our ships and attack that one Borg cube" scenario?

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the Borg don't have Picard this time, no? I think the lack of assimilation of higher-level starfleet officers is what is doing wonders for us right now. (Well, RP-wise, anyway.)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

@Hyo: There's a mod that replaces Ferengi with Dominion, adds Vorta/Breen/Ferengi/few others as minor races, and adds missing TNG ships like Excelsior-class and Intrepid-class. Also, you don't want to be re-captained? :P

===

Eventful week. Games kicks us in the ribs with plauge at Antica, Romulans bombard Ariannus (with 6 cruisers), and Ferengi offer us almost 4k for peace. We agreed to that, whilst our newly commisioned one-and-half of a fleet rushes to Ariannus to stop the pointy-eared bastards.
We get two destroyers and two Ambassadors this turn: Sitak B, Rockford C (it's our 60th Miranda!), Strong A, Wilson A
Also, I found out that Taurus system, one of last near Cardassia, is being culled by Borg. So, now we now were the three remaining cubes are. At least, at the moment.

Woah, that came outta nowhere. What now guys? Should we-

Ah fuck it. Of course we continue!

As you see, lots of diplomacy this turn. The treaty with Ferengi also ensured that they tow our whole fleet to Dimorus. Aren't they nice little chaps? They're on their own against Borg, now - the other Cube is almost done with Cardassians at Harod, so we have to possible attack at Emilia or Delta Vega! This turn only a single Oberth, USS Tudor, was constructed.

Romulans call for peace, Ferengi, for affiliation. I've accepted both - Ferengi for being able to get to Borg if necessary, and Romulans because they're giving us 3k of credits with their offer C:
Sudden peace offer from Romulans is making me nervous, so I'm sending Yridian scout into their territory to check... you know what for.
Shipyard news: Two Mirandas (Somali/Newport C) and Oberth (Trump A).
Those are last ships we're building for now - our income is at -658, so I can't afford more.

Two scientific breakthroughs, which brings us close to upgrade of Galaxy cruisers, and a peace offer from Cardassians with a tribute attached to it. Splendid.

...Do I have to say I'm not surprised? :v
Let's get with next turn...

::)

But the same turn (252) we get this sweet upgrade. As far as my calculations go, the next to go are: Propulsion, Weapons, and Energy as the last upgrade.
Borg refused to appear in our territory.

Also, look at this!:

All the diplomatic shenaningans + victories against Borg and Ferengi during our brief war with the midgets boosted our morale to green levels in almost all systems!

Next turn our scout manages to sneak into heart of Romulan Star Empire - turns out that Borg never visited Romulus system. Lucky them Romulans, I say! As you can see, they have re-settled Turill and that ship at Bersallis is a colony ship!

In the meanwhile, Klingons ask us for donation, and we gladly give them around 2k credits.

For now, I pause. Wow, first update without battle with Borg or being directly threatened by them? This is too good of a coincidence, the game is surely plotting death and murder for us.

Btw, Captain Burnt Pies is getting promoted! For surviving on a Miranda for more than 15 turns without getting slaughtered, which is always a feat in Star Trek franchise, especially in this LP's universe :P Burnt Pies, look at previous roster list and grab an Ambassador for yourself.

//And with this, I go to sleep. G'night folks, sweet cyborg dreams for you all C:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:58:38 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do the Dominion come with 9000+ ships ready to crush us all? If so, i'm in, :P

But as for my promotion... no worries. I already got one... Did I also mention I got a new job? Yeah, I don't think I've mentioned my new employers are cybernetic aliens bent on assimilating the galaxy though. Oops.

I am Hyo of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life, as it has been is over... We are watching you every moves, even at this moment. Prepare to be assimilated...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

Is the USS Montgomery still intact? I'll take that or the Exeter, whichever's more likely to get into fights with Borg.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12