Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sorry, you're dead. [suggestion game]  (Read 2593 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Sorry, you're dead. [suggestion game]
« on: June 16, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »

So, I've felt like doing this for a nice bit of time. So, why not?
Standard rules of suggestion games, give suggestions, hope other like them, if nobody can agree the ideas shall be fused into a thing of horror/humor/utter boring. Let's hope it's one of the first two. So, without further ado, the beginning!

Time: Fantasy Medieval era
Exact date: Unknown

The world was quite basic, nothing truly spectacular other than dragons, magic, and wars. Mostly it was as peaceful as you'd expect a world to be. over time though, one human sought power that could not be contained by a mere mortal. His name was Azon. He studied for years, seeking to end all war with the power he could attain. Noble intentions, sure. he sought the power of the immortals, the gods of the world. The weakest power any god had was more than tenfold of the strongest magic a mortal could even fathom. Azon planned to gain it from the most accessible god, the god of life and death, known simply as "The Reaper" Never revealing his true name to any race of the world. In short, Azon, unfortunately, was successful. He was overtaken by the power, And corrupted by it. The gods did not like that a mortal had obtained such power, and more so that he was confused into believing the only way to end war was to either rule the people, or kill those that didn't agree. Most kingdoms and gods did not comply with the demands of the living god, and the death began to surge within the world. Only was this rampage stopped by a lone hero and his band of unlikely allies, known as Thole. Defeating Azon against the odds, he was banished to the eternal prison of the gods, where he resides to this day.

Major God list (there are other lesser gods)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You suddenly have the feeling of waking up. Except... It feels off. It might be the feeling that you have been asleep for an incredibly short time. Or the fact that you can't actually feel anything. Most importantly though, would be the swirling vortex of purple forming swirls of light and darkness all around you. Before you can react, you notice that the vortex does not effect you. As well as this, there is a desk in front of you, and you are sitting on a comfortable wooden chair. As you settle in, you hear a voice, and notice a muscular hooded figure on the opposite side of the desk in front of you.
"I suppose you're wondering what's going on. I'll start by telling you that you're dead." you jolt a little bit at that thought.
"Sorry, that's my fault." he says, as he begins to settle in since you noticed him.
"You see, I have a bit of a problem. Of course, for you and your race, its a bit more of a problem. You see, Azon just maybe escaped a little bit. He still is hidden inside our plane, but we don't have much time before he starts killing people again. Ellor and Voron don't seem to like it. I find it kind of funny, but when they're angry, nobody is happy. The biggest problem is that Azon can harm us. So we can't stand for that." He pauses for a moment.
"You may have some questions, such as 'why am I involved in this?' and 'wait, why don't I remember me dying?' and don't worry, I'll answer those right now. You see, though it was lost in history, you are the closest descendant of Thole. You don't remember you dying, it was quite funny. Now, another question, 'why did you kill me!? wouldn't I help better if I was alive!?' and the answer to that was simple, If I can kill you, I can bring you back. And it isn't exactly easy to send messages to the mortal plane. They tend to get lost. So, any more questions?"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry, you're dead. [suggestion game]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:38:33 am »

Though the prospect of killing the gods themselves is perversely appealing, we know what is right.  "I will end Azon and his misguided crusade.  But I need power to do so.  What can you give me?"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:42:38 am »

Though the prospect of killing the gods themselves is perversely appealing, we know what is right.  "I will end Azon and his misguided crusade.  But I need power to do so.  What can you give me?"
+1
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:59:45 am »

"Hah! last time I did that didn't end so well. That's why you should kill him. But I actually will give you one power that should work out pretty well..."
"And what say, is that power?"
"Eternal resurrection. Whenever you die you'll be returned to a situation like this. I'd advise against doing it often because people tell me it hurts to do so. And yes, you still feel pain if you were wondering. I could stop that, but where's the fun there?"
"Will I at least get a weapon of some sorts?"
"If you count your fists, sure. Oh, there's actually a question I'd like to ask you."
"What is that?"
"What's your name? I should probably know that if I get to know you."

Also give a description of his appearance. That would be useful.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:57:14 am »

"Peter Johnson"

He is 5' 7", has short, mousy brown hair, blue eyes, and a square jaw.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 01:12:19 pm »

(remember, this is still fantasy, I just want input from some other people before a name is decided.)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:10:27 pm »

"Peter Johnson"

He is 5' 7", has short, mousy brown hair, blue eyes, and a square jaw.
This works. I was never particularly good at thinking up names.
Soaplent green is goblins!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:56 pm »

"Peter... Alright. I'll never remember that so I'll just refer to you as bubbles. That's a much easier name isn't it?"
You raise a finger to interject, but decide against it.
"Well, I'll just shove you off then."
"Wait, shouldn't you give me some directions, or instructions, or something?"
"I could, but where's the fun in that?"
You suddenly get a headache. You begin to cringe as it becomes more intense as your limbs begin to become transparent. Vision goes blurry, sound fuzzier, feeling is numbed. Then nothing.

You suddenly jolt awake, where are you? There seems to be just a room, wooden walls and floors, hatch roof, but too large to be for a peasant. Most likely a merchant's house. You weren't sleeping though, because there seems to be just some dusty items strewn about the room. things like mops and an old shovel. There are rags, rusty tools, and generally junk. There is only one door,so this is most likely a storage closet. You begin shivering, which at this point you notice you are stark naked. What shall you do about that?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 01:05:33 pm »

(I was hoping that more people would be interested in this, I worked hard on making up those gods. If anyone is hesitant to post like me, don't be hesitant, I'll be glad for anyone to join in. Sorry if this post seems a bit whiny, I just don't want to have done this for naught.)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 01:45:39 pm »

inspect ye clothes, is it a shroud? then take up the handle of the mop as a quarterstaff. Also get rid of the mop end, as it would be inappropriate for a quarterstaff.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 03:30:21 pm »

You pull at the end of the mop, eventually ripping off the soft end. It seemed pretty old and worn down. As you inspect yourself, you discover that you are definitely naked.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 08:05:12 pm »

>Craft yourself a ☼Rag Lioncloth☼ to prevent any awkward nudity-related situations in the near future.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:49:05 pm »

You hastily put together a loincloth out of various scraps strewn about, most likely tinged with cleaning supplies. You don't seem to have prior knowledge of sewing, or anything for that matter. The loincloth reeks of ammonia, but you put it on anyway. You glance about, the door beckons.