Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teachin' and Schoolin'  (Read 1368 times)

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Teachin' and Schoolin'
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:43:15 am »

So here's what I do anyways:

1) Juice up and recruit.
2) Send recruits to "elementary school" where they're taught Infiltration skills.
3) Use those infiltration skills to repeatedly sneak into cosmetics labs and juice up to, say, 100 juice each.
4) Once you figure they're ready to graduate elementary, give them "high school" till they hit new maxes.
5) Now use improved infiltration skills to free prisoners until they've all got really decent juice, say 500 each. Now they've graduated high school.
6) Send them to college... Get them up to level with your super juicy boss in skill if possible, including more than just the Infiltration skills.

Repeat the process for more trainees, and put them into service making clothing or raiding or writing or whatever. Let your bosses teach.

My biggest problem has been getting enough fighting skills built up to be worth teaching. I intend to cover that by training those skills with a less important squad and then getting them to teach the skills to my leader, who can then teach those skills to everybody who doesn't have them.

My leader has 17 teaching. Don't want to get him into trouble.

Also thinking of putting a programmer, a priest, a lawyer/judge, a lab tech, etc into education courses to teach to my leader. Anyone who's got significantly more skill than my leader in something ought to get teaching skill to add said skill to the pool. That will be one incredible teacher in the end... If all my mad schemes come  true...

EDIT: May I also add that liberals can learn from a teacher while they're busy churning out expensive suits... Probably also while taking education (for example) courses in school.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:06:06 am by Tabbyman »
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teachin' and Schoolin'
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:46:41 am »

This time around I've got one clothing-maker (cash cow) churning out more money than I need, and my leader going to every class the school offers for as long as it takes to get a decent skill... And move onto safe to practice skills. Might as well get what I can before doing anything very dangerous.

I figure even if things get really conservative, I can deal with that while I gather skills.

I trained persuation by pressing B to a whole bunch of potential recruits over and over until it maxed out and then rejected them all. Then I persuaded 4 liberal judges and a liberal lawyer. This was after training seduction by being a pig all over the place, and psychology by kidnapping a few people (including my fashion designer loveslave).
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:16:58 am »

Oh yes, the clothing cash cow. It may be off-topic, but what kind of clothing is most profitable? My slaves happy, fulfilled liberals are currently making work clothes, which I believe have a $10 profit each.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:06:01 pm »

Oh yes, the clothing cash cow. It may be off-topic, but what kind of clothing is most profitable? My slaves happy, fulfilled liberals are currently making work clothes, which I believe have a $10 profit each.

Once you do expensive suits reliably, they're the best. Something like $150 profit per suit made, and if you get a fair number of tailors going at a time, your money pot doubles more quickly.

Once I get it going, I frequently have over $100,000 to spend on whatever I need... And if the tailors are clean, they can permanently make you money. And if they're your higher-ups, they'll stay alive till the rest get wiped out, just by keeping them on clothing instead of getting them in trouble.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 09:21:52 am »

Currently my revolution has $402,793 to its name. This was the result of making clothing on the side during a "teach each other your best skills" session with pretty much the entire group in one building (with zero heat due to hacking most of them to the courts earlier on).

Now they've each got roughly 100 skill, except for a juice-stunted "wanted for rehab" type I didn't want to put through prison. (My original kidnapped fashion designer)

Speaking of kidnapping, I trained my recruitment type skills  the following ways:

1) Seduction:
Go around flirting with everybody. Every time it says x.99+ you can leave and come back again to see the new skill number. Repeat 8 or 9 times and you can seduce just about anybody.

2) Persuation:
Just plain talking about politics with someone didn't help anything. I seemed to get the gains during the meetings with interested potential recruits. Just gather up 6 or so and choose option B, the one where you just talk about stuff and pass a day. Keep choosing that option even after they're ready. You can infinitely persuade this group till the skill maxes out (I only tried up to 9 so I assume)

3) Psychology:
Kidnap someone you probably can't convert on time. Keep working on them, stretch it out, go somewhere else and let them escape, repeat on someone else. I worked my current kidnapping squad up to 14 or so skill on police officers and now I have 2 sleeper police officers. Working on getting 2 or 3 more for easy warnings.

After getting decently high Persuasion skill I've been picking up Lawyers as my new trainees. I pick out the ones with decent strength and agility and high intelligence. Easier to find than athletes, and easier to "reroll" for good stats because of it.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »

Nabbed a particularly skillful agent, got him to go to school for learning skill, and now I'm having him spread combat skills around my entire force, in the middle of one of those mass knowledge exchange sessions.

Good old kidnappings...

Average character now around 130, approaching 150 during this skills exchange.

Edit: Scratch that. Most characters between 150 and 190 skill... And I don't have a single elite liberal yet due to fear of CIA raids. :P

Update: Now almost all squad members are above 200 total skill (and 1000 juice), starting to work on sword, axe, SMG (individually, to later teach)... Seems combat skills level easiest once you can afford to slaughter a bit. :P Perhaps early game it would help to kidnap some military just to bring them to LCS and then steal their equipment and send them to die on a suicide mission. Use first set of armor and assault rifles to train to a level where wanton slaughter is easy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:38:11 am by Tabbyman »