Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs won't fill/push minecarts.  (Read 3752 times)

kellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfs won't fill/push minecarts.
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »

Or rather, they do, but it seems that they have EVERYTHING prioritized over filling and pushing/guiding my carts.

I'm at my wits end. I know I didn't mess up the links, as every once in a while when a dwarf would get tired of idling, he would fill the cart and push or guide it, and everything works perfectly....the full minecart goes along the tracks fine, arrives at target stockpile, and dumps the stone......I just wish this happened more often than once a month. The cart would either sit there empty, or half empty while dwarfs with item and stone hauling labor were idle, NOT filling the cart......or the cart would sit there 100% full (push conditions are set thus) and then several weeks later a dwarf would FINALLY push it.

I've even set a small part of my fort to be idle with just the stone/item hauling skills enabled.....only once in a moon do these actually fill and push the carts.

Am I missing something?

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs won't fill/push minecarts.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »

It could be that the "immediate" launch condition isn't being met for some reason and you're getting the "after x days" condition instead. Is your push condition 100% desired items or 100% any items?

for filling, are you taking from a nearby stockpile?

kellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 01:37:21 pm »

Is your push condition 100% desired items or 100% any items? for filling, are you taking from a nearby stockpile?

Yes, yes, and yes. It's set to 100% desired. Push whenever completely filled from a designated stockpile just 1 tile away (stockpile set to only hold designated item, in my case obsidian). Deleted all timed conditions.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:12:55 pm »

The carts can hold a crapton of stuff, try checking the percentage in the "h" screen.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

kellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

The carts can hold a crapton of stuff, try checking the percentage in the "h" screen.

Well aware of it. The carts will stay filled at 100% for the longest of times until a dwarf decides to push it. Or at 20% of the longest of times before they decide to keep filling it.