Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 58614 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5: The Tunnels of Mars - Day 1: It's all downhill from here.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 12:30:41 pm »

Looks like I'm a little late to the party!

Hapah: What lesson from your last completed game do you think will be most relevant here?
You ass, I was gonna ask UI that question. Guess I still can...

I'd say my biggest takeaway from my last game is "Don't try to play the numbers game". I tried to play to worst-case scenarios instead of lynching the person that looked scummy, and it almost bit me in the ass.

> What did you feel about your playstyle in your first-ever Mafia game on this board? The Roguelike?

Also, with the variance in roles here, what would be your first threat to handle assuming you are an Imperial soldier? Which threatens you more, Rebels or Cybrids, and why?
You know, I (think) I learned a lot. I'm apparently very analytical and I've got a sharp eye, but I'm not so good at scumhunting. Something to work on!

And take this response with a grain of salt, it's my first game of this type and I'm still finding my legs. I'd say the Rebels would be the bigger threat. The Cybrids will be be an equal opportunity murderer (right?), so they should have about even odds to either hurt us or the Rebs. Rebels, however, will probably end up dinging Imperials (since there are a lot more Imps than Cybrids).

UI:

Sweet, I'm a cybrid!
This game is easy. EASY.

Seriously though. What was your biggest takeaway from the Roguelike?

Daruish: Have you ever considered trying to change your sometimes.....abrasive style? I've got no issue with it, but between it and your experience it seems like your life expectancy isn't so great most games.

Tiruin: I know you've been asked this before, but humor me: Why do you ask a question of everyone instead of just a handful?

Think: How do you know that Daruish won't help the turtle? Maybe he likes turtles!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 12:37:24 pm »

Tiruin: I know you've been asked this before, but humor me: Why do you ask a question of everyone instead of just a handful?
Is it wrong to do such? I prefer asking everyone something so I can get answers from everyone. People pick particular others to question, and some probably won't be active and only answer questions in Day 1 as mostly it goes around in RVS unless a slip is made, or a consensus is reached.

Why do you ask?

Also, dinging?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 12:41:44 pm »

Tiruin: Nothing wrong with it at all; it just looks unusual next to the rest. And anything that appears unusual should be examined.

And dinging is hitting. Cybrids have around even chances of hitting Imps and Rebs, Rebs are much more likely to hit Imps instead of Cybrids, since there are more of the former than the latter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:17 pm »

Cybrids have around even chances of hitting Imps and Rebs, Rebs are much more likely to hit Imps instead of Cybrids, since there are more of the former than the latter.
Much more likely? What makes numbers an advantage?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »

I'm not sure I understand.

If the game is something like 5-4-2, the Cybrids will have roughly even odds of hitting Rebels or Imperials. Rebels (once organized, I guess?) will be more likely to hit Imperials over Cybrids simply because there are more than twice as many Imperials.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 02:09:02 pm »

Tiruin:
> Why do you think did GlyphGryph not break your syllabized name?
Maybe lack of a good-looking alteration.

Also, let's say you sympathize with the Cybrids, a Companion at that. How would you play in D1? RVS or something else?
I'd just go through the motions and look for someone not overly interested in finding the cybrid at all.

Hapah:
Seriously though. What was your biggest takeaway from the Roguelike?
When I know someone's scum, I should build an actual case on them before going on the offensive.

Which group would you prefer to lynch D1, Imperial, Rebel, or Cybrid?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »

Hapah: Which group would you prefer to lynch D1, Imperial, Rebel, or Cybrid?
As an Imperial, Cybrid.
As a Rebel, Imperial.
As a Cybrid, Imperial.

In a perfect world, I'd want my faction to have majority (or at least suspect that we have majority) before finishing off the Cybrids. It wouldn't guarantee victory by any stretch (kills, conversions), but if the other faction has more players then the Cybrids should (theoretically) have better odds to hit them, right? As a Cybrid, it seems like having two enemies at closer-to-equal strength (so that they direct some of their energy at each other) is preferable to having one dominant enemy and one who is a bit player. I'll take what I can get, in any case.

I find it interesting that you didn't put in your quote that was in my question to you. Did you think people might take it out of context?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »

Tiruin:
Borno
> Confident of your abilities, there? Out of the BMs and into space, how sure are you with yourself?
I'm not too confident of my abilities; but the only way to learn is to play. I'm quite sure about this game, though.
Still, if you were a weak soldier role, how would you act in the first day to make use of yourself?
I would attack aggressively. If I make it through the first day, I might get killed in the night, so it would be better to try and contribute as much as I can in the first day.

Hapah:
What group would you like to be on most? Rebels, Imperials, Cybrids, or other?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »

borno: Either Imperial or Rebel, since they're both functionally similar. I don't enjoy scum as much as town, typically.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 04:03:19 pm »

Obolisk: What do you think the key strategy would be in this game if you were a rebel?

I honestly don't know.  I would guess try to lynch all the cybrid, and anyone I thought might be Imperial.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

Firstly, I blame GlyphGryph for styling those names in the list, for now I have to type them all...
obolisk
> You seem new, how does being in a real mafia and different-than-normal-mafia games feel? Confident of your abilities?

Also, if you were an enforcer, would you start gung-ho with your skill, or something else? And why?

Confidnece level = meh.

I wouldn't go gung-ho with enforcer kills, because I've read several games where the guy with nightkills does that, kills a bunch of town, and screws everyone over.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 04:06:49 pm »

Looks like I'm so tired, and can't handle having two mafia tabs open.  Herp Derp.
PPE:  And I did it twice, too.  God damnit. 
Obolisk:  Have you read any of the other Cybrid games?

No.  I'll get around to it in a bit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 04:18:30 pm »

Is it wrong to do such? I prefer asking everyone something so I can get answers from everyone. People pick particular others to question, and some probably won't be active and only answer questions in Day 1 as mostly it goes around in RVS unless a slip is made, or a consensus is reached.
Well for one you bombard people with questions when they don't even get to their single question.

For example:
Tiruin: You're a Cybrid, the third to join the Cybrids. You do not have a convert, and there's an Enforcer around who may or may not be a rebel. What is your first priority?
Hm, the third, Think0028? Why the ordinal numbering? Why the mention of the convert? Why the faction specification?
Before Think even finishes his first and second sentences you shoot four wild questions at him.  He hasn't even gotten to his question yet.

It makes it seem like you're playing hard to get and building up a mountain of text to defend yourself with.  I like to imagine it as a huge castle or tower where you try to surpass everybody in theoretics.  I definitely disagree with the play-style and think it's scummy but I've mentioned this in the four or five games I've played with you this year.  And so far you don't seem to understand what that entails.

Well whatever.
ToonyMan
>
. . .
Toony:  What kind of Cybrid are you this time?
I'm not actually a Cybrid this time.
The question was: What kind. You answer with 'not'. Why so? And, 'this time'?
Also, if you were the Machinator, what would be your basis of judgement on who to convert?
Have you ever heard of a loaded question?  I can't answer his question because I'm not a cybrid!  Do tell me how I could possibly answer his question.  It was not a hypothetical or anything which might have slipped you up.

If I was the Machinator I would do exactly what I did in the previous game.  I nailed the rambunctiously loud rebel leader and also the quiet and calculating imperial commander.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »

Well three questions but one was a vote so I guess I'll let it keep its significance.  :P

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 05:53:31 pm »

Zombie Urist: If you were an unaligned survivor, would you claim so at any point? Say three Imperials are dead by D2, would you attempt to coax the rebels into recruiting you, or take your chances for the game to be over on its own?
Probably. If it looks like it'll be significantly easier to win with one of the teams I would try to do so.

zombie urist
> Was your experience as the investigator worthwhile? How did that make you feel on your results in the past ServantCorps game?
Also, let's say you're the Imperial Commander. What would be your basis on inviting other players, and if so, what type of personality would you most likely invite among us all?
Yes. I've realized that I should trust my intuition and scumhunting more and rely less on inspect results. If I were commander, I would first invite known officers and then the people doing the best scumhunting.

Borno: If you were a rebel, which rebel role would you like the most?
The persuader. If I was a rebel, I would need to persuade a lot of people to help me win.
Why? Are you not confident enough of your own abilities?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32