Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47658 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven or We've started
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 09:41:52 am »

((S'all entirely up to you; I basically realized that a table of bonuses would be easier on my end, but the three things I mentioned are ones that y'all will want to know.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 11:21:49 am »

"Such a generous punishment Freeholder, I'll be sure not to... disappoint."

Head on out.

HP: 30/30
MP: 40/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
Inventory: Towering Pillar of hats.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 12:55:40 pm »

"Umm. Where exactly is this guard captain?"

Take the letter from our grumpy friend and fly to the guard captain walls, making sure to take in as much information about the area while I do it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:06:34 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 12:57:45 pm »

"Umm. Where exactly is this guard captain?"

Take the letter from our grumpy friend and fly to the guard captain, making sure to take in as much information about the area while I do it.
((The aforementioned Watch is outside the walls and does not seem to be too close.

There are enemies on the way there. Suit yourself in going in the vanguard.))
It shouldn't be difficult to reach the Watch, even for a sorry lot like you; it is only a few day's ride to the north-east. I'm sure that you will be more than a match for whatever danger lurks outside our walls in these troubled times."
((Days of ride and dangers. I think you'll be our first casualty.))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:00:14 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 01:10:12 pm »

((Yep. Even flying, you'll take at least a day or two to get there. It's a watchtower a fair distance from the town, and there will be... obstacles.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 01:15:18 pm »

((@Spinal_Taper: I should also add that Talendir is not letting your character take the letter unless he asks for it. If he tries to "take the letter", then he won't let go. He is grumpy, forgot?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

Head out while trying to enchant the metal focus to permanently levitate slightly above the surface it is placed on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 02:13:14 pm »

Nonchalantly follow Talendir.

Let's see, no-one 'like' liked a paladin, so she was extra careful to be inconspicuous today. Her armor wasn't shiny metal that screamed BEING OF PURE LAW AND GOOD PASSING!, she only had ten pamphlets of the sadly lacking Law and You (in her opinion, they could use a revision... and addition ... along with an appendix or two ...), and her weapon was a regular, unblessed, unsactified and well-polished sword. She summoned her less-than-holy merchant's daughter persona, who was bit rusty and covered in, for some reason, bruises and scars. It puzzled Mina to no end why it looked like that. I mean, it wasn't like her Paladin soul was violent. ...was it?

"Um...hi? Mind if I follow you wherever you might be going at this juncture?"

Spoiler: Mina Ley (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 02:27:49 pm »

Talendir took a moment to stare at the older woman. Even though she lacked all the shiny metal, the seals and parchments characteristic of a paladin, her mannerisms and her step still reminded him of the stiffness they carried while delivering what they believed to be the "law". The mercenary soldier decided to put that aside and answer her anyway while grasping the letter in his hand without any care.

"Aren't we all part of this cannonfodder group in an unglorified suicide mission? I guess you can follow us."

He still squinted his eyes at her for some time before turning back to watch his step.

((@GM: What is in for the PCs? Why are they in this adventure? Only for whatever they may loot and plunder during their quest or did the Freeholder promise them anything before the game started?))
>Yes?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 02:36:36 pm »

((For Derm, his freedom. For everyone, anything they gain in the course of the quest, and a bounty if they bring back proof of their victory. Of course, the Freeholder doesn't really expect any of you to succeed; things like this are generally looked upon as ideal ways to get potential troublemakers to cause their property damage and murder far away. In her eyes, you all dying horribly = good, and you succeeding = good.

One more reply and we'll be off.))

3. Run Resize Enable

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven : borno ahoy!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 03:09:06 pm »

"Erm, my lady, could I please have a gift to go off with, like a valuable gem of some description?"

Once the gem is received, Hedric sets out with the others.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven : borno ahoy!
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 03:44:53 pm »

Talendir

You take the letter. It is a fine sheet of paper folded into thirds, sealed with the same emblem as is on the guards' shields, in red wax.

____

Derm

You sneer at the Freeholder as you deliver your parting shot. [5] She ignores your comment, muttering something about unnatural filth. You exit the hall and start walking towards the main gate. You notice a pair of hooded men glaring at you from the doorway of a shop. One of them reaches inside his robe, as if reassuring himself that something was still there.

____

Aero

"Where is this guard-captain, Freeholder?"

She replies with a touch of irritation, "Did I not just tell you? Follow the road along the hills for several days, and you will see a watchtower."

You attempt to take the letter of passage from Talendir [4] v. [1], and successfully snatch it away, scratching his hand slightly. You follow Derm outside, preparing to take off.

____

Sinterous

You exit the hall, following Derm and Aero. While walking, you attempt to cast a minor levitation enchantment on your runed metal sphere. [3] Your enchantment fails, and you fumble the sphere, dropping it onto the cobbled street. You hastily snatch it up, but it appears to be unharmed.

Lose 4 MP.

____

Mina

You follow Talendir, trying to look casual. [4] Surprisingly, you manage to not give off a "Warning: Paladin" vibe.

____

Hedric

You ask the Freeholder for a valuable gemstone, stepping a bit closer to her. She snorts, "Maybe when you return with results, thieving scum."

It being only proper that you get an advance on your reward, you turn smoothly, brushing against her as you leave. [4 + 1] As you exit the hall, you slip a small, nearly flawless ruby into your pocket.

________

Five of you walk towards the gate, while Aero spreads his wings preparing to take flight. Over the walls, you can see a long line of wooded hills stretching off to the east. A young boy runs past you, heading for the gate, followed by shouts of "Thief!".

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 03:52:19 pm »

"Ooh, chaos, my favorite. Let's lighten the load, shall we?" Derm muttered, eyes flicking back and forth.

Snap fingers out of sight, temporarily reduce the boys personal gravity. Continue out of the gate as if nothing happened.

HP: 30/30
MP: 40/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
Inventory: Towering Pillar of hats.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:01:12 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »

Hedric smiled to himself as he fingered the ruby in his pocket, estimating how much its worth. He then proceeds to walk nonchalantly with the rest.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:29 pm »

Ignore the thief and continue on, retrying the enchantment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:37:32 pm by Sinpwn »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36