Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: So Apparently I'm the ForeverAlone Guy  (Read 35593 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: So Apparently I'm the ForeverAlone Guy
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »

I have to bring this up though.

- We had a student who while disruptive, he was expelled for no other reason than refusing to shave his beard.

- We had a student who had been expelled for violence (at that school, you have to be pretty freakin' violent to even get expelled) commit arson on the locker bay where a good 50% of the senior school's books were stored. My locker was thankfully safe; I didn't have deodorant in my locker so it didn't help the fire. I got a few singed books and that was all.

-Etc.

And yeah, Darkrider's right. The quality of schools varies wildly. I remember another school in our area trying to quell rumours of knife fights between students.

"I heard there was a recent knife fight at <suburb removed> P-12."

Principal: "Oh, that wasn't any of the students. It was two of the parents."

Of course that makes it so much better. :P

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »

This is the most metal derail evar.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2012, 11:58:36 pm »

This is the most metal derail evar.

Must. Not. Sig.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2012, 12:00:19 am »

Yeah my school was built brand new like 6 or so years ago. And the faculty and students are all pretty decent.

But we'd be right next to horrible school systems just a town over. When I'd go out to away games I could see the crumbling buildings but I could never really get to see what their students were like.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:40 am »

That...really sets a new bar, right there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2012, 02:57:35 am »

That...really sets a new bar, right there.

This is like a limbo discussion; we're all raising the bar by making it lower.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:02 am »

...I punched a guy in the nose once for insulting my shoes, does that count? :-\

More seriously, I went to some horrible little rural highschool and despite being a complete social reject all of most of the "bullying" I experienced was verbal. Like Darkrider, I find it hard to imagine the kinds of situations you're all describing.
I still hated highschool though.

But yeah, we should get back on topic. Um. How've you been, Josh? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2012, 07:33:45 am »

But yeah, we should get back on topic. Um. How've you been, Josh? :P

Still lonely, as one might be able to guess.

But yeah, as much as I like stories of violent schools and people's experiences therein, it really should migrate elsewhere.

I got an interview lined up today, and getting a job would atleast give me a venue to make friends w/ coworkers if nothing else. A source of income doesn't hurt my chances finding people either.

Also, remember how ten pages back I said I might see a therapist or something? Yeah, I'm gonna do that next Tuesday. Took me long enough.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:59 am »

I got an interview lined up today, and getting a job would atleast give me a venue to make friends w/ coworkers if nothing else. A source of income doesn't hurt my chances finding people either.

Also, remember how ten pages back I said I might see a therapist or something? Yeah, I'm gonna do that next Tuesday. Took me long enough.

First step's always the hardest.

As for a job, yeah.  Social networking and money in the bank and all that.  And as all my associates continue to badger me with, apparently having a job will grant startling new meaning and purpose to your life and make you all the more shmexy for it.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:10 pm »

I used to get bullied in my highschool...

I was smart enough to get even these people (who were not the brightest bulbs) to respect me and stop being douche canoes.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2012, 08:38:15 pm »

I'm a little sad. The therapist I set up, before I ever saw him at all this is just a few days before our first appointment, sent me some papers to fill out about myself. It's a fuckton shitload of papers asking me about every aspect of my life and my previous medical history, and I'm looking so sad cause I just want to talk to somebody damnit.

Looking through them though, there's nothing specifying the type of psyche I want, and I mentally flashback to my conversation with the receptionist, and she didn't mention anything either, and I wanted to specify I wanted a male psyche. I'd just get way too nervous with a woman psyche, and it's hard even with another man.

But I procrastinate a bit, and when I call to ask if I need to fill this all out and if I can ascertain WHO I'll be seeing, apparently I screwed up and called too late... so I just left a message saying I was cancelling my appointment for a bogus emergency.

I guess I should get around to making a new appt. or something.

Is it at all worrisome that I get uncomfortable, and sometimes downright angry when I see video of normal people having normal fun?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:53 pm »

Is it at all worrisome that I get uncomfortable, and sometimes downright angry when I see video of normal people having normal fun?

I used to be this way.  More sad than angry, most of the time, but there was still anger and frustration in the mix.  Of course, I also had the pleasure of being in this one particular social school program, which meant I would lie awake at night and listen to all the shiny, happy students running around and laughing with their friends in the hall and in the rooms beside and below mine.

You don't get used to it.  But it does go away if you change other aspects of your life.

And yes, there are loads of papers that need to be filled out.  And a fair amount of it won't even really be looked at all that carefully.  And you really should specify preferences like that.  The receptionist may potentially be able to help, but it's not certain.  So long as you make it clear to someone at some point, you should be able to find someone who will help.  Even beyond just gender, certain individuals work better for some people than others.

Since you're in the states, you may want to consider private practitioners.  There are special registries put together where independent psychologists will offer information about their methods and history, and then you contact them directly.  This helps get more of a personal connection with the person you're going to be talking with.  There tends to be less paperwork as well, at least in my limited experience.  This is great for getting someone to talk to, and in a number of cases they won't be cripplingly expensive.  Although most will charge somewhere in the $80-$100 per hour-long session range.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

Man, that really does sound like far far far too much hassle for such a mundane service. Especially when my previous experiences make me leery and reluctant to even think they're capable of helping me.

I'm thinking I just might forgo it completely and just do what I've been doing for the last 23 years of my life: Wing it by myself and hope for the best.

Some might argue that it's not the greatest plan.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2012, 09:38:03 pm »

Well, think about it.  This is your mental health we're talking about here.  You have a problem, a "thought infection", and you don't know how to fix it yourself.  That's why you're looking for a professional who should know.

As with any medical professional, there's red tape and bureaucracy involved.  Now, if you had a cut that was festering, you'd go see someone about getting it fixed.  You wouldn't be as likely to consider just going home and letting it work itself out.  This is because we have, for whatever reason, a different perspective of mental health than we do of the other medical branches.

Admit to yourself (you don't need to admit it to anyone else) that you have an issue that needs to be fixed.  Then get help on fixing it.  Because if you don't, it can fester, it can break you down, and it can kill you.

And "help" doesn't mean getting yourself locked in a mental ward with five different colors of brain-away you have to choke down every morning and afternoon.  Just talking to someone; a sympathetic soul who can provide a different, hopefully educated perspective on things you yourself have thought about, will help immensely.  Yes, it is a bother to find the right one, but it's worth it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2012, 09:39:28 pm »

You know how I feel towards psychologists. Caution above all else, Joshua. If they start to grate on you, get out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17