Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 200

Author Topic: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread.  (Read 313103 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon/Western Animation Thread. -- Bill is watching.
« Reply #1965 on: August 01, 2015, 12:34:31 am »

Well Adventure Time has REALLY started to fall from grace. Though no surprise many of the most beloved early episodes were Rebecca Sugar episodes.

As for great... to each their own. I think the characters are pretty deep and they properly explore the relationships and concepts.

I mean Legend of Korra was "not as good as Avatar the Last Airbender" and it still was considered great. Heck it had one entire botched season that was just flat out bad.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:44:21 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 01, 2015, 02:29:42 am »

Why does everyone love "Stephen Universe" so much? It's an ok show, but it's hardly great or groundbreaking.

A funny, somewhat entertaining show, with feminine overtones with a bunch of strong characters, good music, retro design, great songs (for a TV show), and a great story.

Certainly enough there to like.

It's not bad. It's not even not good. But it certainly isn't great. It's nowhere near the level of Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, My Little Pony, or (on a different note) Aqua Teen Hunger Force Forever

okay can you actually elaborate instead of just saying what you think its quality is

i can't even begin to debate with an argument that is essentially "i don't think it's as good as these other things for reasons not given"

and that's not me yelling at anyone, that's me saying that I can't reasonably be expected to yell at anyone who hasn't really said anything that I can yell at in any coherent manner
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:31:38 am by Putnam »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: August 01, 2015, 02:33:28 am »

Ehhhh I don't think you will get much out of that.

It is one thing to say why a show is great, why it is mediocre, or why it is terrible.

It is another to try to explain why a show is good, but not that good without just saying "it is overrated"

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 01, 2015, 09:39:59 am »

He paranormal stuff just doesn't seem as compelling as the paranormal stuff in Gravity Falls and the fate of the world stuff doesn't seem as compelling as the fate of the world stuff in Adventure Time
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: August 01, 2015, 09:41:58 am »

He paranormal stuff just doesn't seem as compelling as the paranormal stuff in Gravity Falls and the fate of the world stuff doesn't seem as compelling as the fate of the world stuff in Adventure Time

Steven Universe had basically one actual paranormal episode.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 01, 2015, 09:53:32 am »

It has all paranormal episodes. The main characters are space aliens with a bizarre unearthly physiology.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 01, 2015, 09:56:21 am »

It has all paranormal episodes. The main characters are space aliens with a bizarre unearthly physiology.

I guess, in the same way that every episode of Superman is a paranormal episode.

And every episode of Pokémon is a paranormal episode.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 01, 2015, 10:18:46 am »

I guess, in the same way that every episode of Superman is a paranormal episode.

Well, the way they would be if they explored the fiddly details of his superpowers, and Kryptonian culture, and the weird stuff he has stashed away in the Fortress of Solitude.

Edit:
Or better yet, more like the way every episode of Doctor Who is a paranormal episode.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 01, 2015, 06:43:42 pm »

I don't think paranormal means what you think it means.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 02, 2015, 02:27:48 am »

Also, that sort of ignores the best part IMO, the slice-of-life stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 02, 2015, 02:57:36 am »

Yeah but!... err wait... yeah Steven Universe does have the best slice of life.

I mean (and I am being sarcastic here) Gravity Falls doesn't have great slice of life at all. I mean it does feature people living their lives, so it is clearly slice of life.

Also Gems don't really have "Alien physiology" they are gemstones that are able to project a hologram, with mass, that apes a living being.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 02, 2015, 01:42:43 pm »

I mean (and I am being sarcastic here) Gravity Falls doesn't have great slice of life at all. I mean it does feature people living their lives, so it is clearly slice of life.

...I can't parse this at all

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 02, 2015, 01:52:42 pm »

Also Gems don't really have "Alien physiology" they are gemstones that are able to project a hologram, with mass, that apes a living being.

Well that's way the hell more bizarre and alien than Superman
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: August 02, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

Favorite animated shows on the air right now, in no particular order:
Archer
Adventure Time
Steven Universe
Gumball (somewhat of a guilty pleasure)
Phineas and Ferb

Not sure if Bojack Horseman counts as on the air but that one's surprisingly good too.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 200