Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stairway is gone  (Read 1467 times)

Senrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stairway is gone
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »

I couldn't find any information about this problem, well anyways...

I was just designing few another living quarters, adding beds, chairs, doors, chests... stuff like that. After a while i got an information "No acces to door". So i went to look whats wrong. My only stairway (3 tiles long, one tile thick) was gone. Just like someone had digged through it or removed them.

Is there any way to acually place stairway in the same place?

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: Stairway is gone
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »

Yes, use the (b)build (C)onstruction menu.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 05:19:48 pm »

Was it a stairway dug into dirt? I feel like I've seen stairs and ramps dug into dirt disappear before.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Senrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »

The problem is, you can only make stairs from rock, I mean they must be carved out in rock. And my current fort design is so tight that i cannot fit the new stairway anywhere without deleting something/digging out something/destroying something. The stairway was digged in microline.

Guess the only way out is to find a way how to place new stairway

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »

The problem is, you can only make stairs from rock, I mean they must be carved out in rock. And my current fort design is so tight that i cannot fit the new stairway anywhere without deleting something/digging out something/destroying something. The stairway was digged in microline.

You can either carve stairways from the (d)ig menu or build them from the (b)uild menu.  You can rebuild the stairs right where they were before, using rock or logs or even bars of soap if you so desire.

Senrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

You can either carve stairways from the (d)ig menu or build them from the (b)uild menu.  You can rebuild the stairs right where they were before, using rock or logs or even bars of soap if you so desire.

Oh wow, didn't knew about this. Thanks!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:00:35 pm »

Did you accidentally remove the stairs? That's happened to me before.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Senrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 06:01:45 pm »

No, as i said i was busy adding furniture to the living quarters. I never did anything to them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 06:09:56 pm »

Did you d-z near them, ever?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Senrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 06:20:03 pm »

Nope, they were in the center of the whole living quarter level. No one ever did anything to them.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 07:08:37 pm »

Well, if you tried to cancel some digging with (x) and hit (z) instead, the stairs might be removed without you noticing.  X and z are right next to each other on the keyboard.