Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Townseed  (Read 13703 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Townseed
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 06:07:26 pm »

It was even easier to build long walls in DF then it was in Townseed.

Not my point, my point was that in the past DF made you manually place each site of wall construction, and then Toady managed to make it easier by being able to designate in rows and shapes and such. That could EASILY be done here.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

Well considering the game is in early development, I think it can turn out to be fun.  The building list is a bit thin though, that should be fixed soon. 

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »

I watched two other videos, neither was extremely long, and there was a mention of creating blueprints that could be used to plan out larger structures without having to designate each individual tile one at a time. So, perhaps once you have some basic stuff set up, you create a blueprint for a 2x8 block of wall, plus one for a 5x5 corner tower. At that point, you also have NPCs actually working on the tasks you set, so they'll handle the otherwise monotonous task of putting it together, leaving you free to go off and do interesting things.
Eh?
Eh!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »

This looks like it has potential. In some ways wish I hadn't found out about it until later in development.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:35 pm »

Thanks for linking to my video sorry if its boring but I try to informative as possible about the game and developer

if not interested skip to 9min mark for character creation or even farther for gameplay

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 09:09:19 pm »

You think he's boring? I started to watch one guys Let's Play of Deus Ex:HR and he spent like fifteen twenty-minute episodes in the starting lobby. Dear lord, I can stand methodical playing, and stopping to smell the roses, but that was over TWO HOURS. OF THE STARTING LOBBY. With people screaming in his ear about hostages dying because he's a slow idiot. I was terrified to see how long it would get once he got in the bigger areas.

Compared to that, pretty much anything I watch looks quick and succinct.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:12:05 pm by Kaitol »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 09:49:27 am »

Now, I am a bit confused on how to make it run...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 10:55:36 am »

you double click on the app once it is downloaded and it will install itself then once that is done double click on app again and game will open

when later builds come out make sure to uninstall older build then run the new build

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 11:12:42 am »

This looks like it has potential. In some ways wish I hadn't found out about it until later in development.

I feel the same way.  I love the idea of controlling a single character and building a village/town/empire? with npc help.  I will be watching this one, but the wait will be killing me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 11:28:15 am »

you double click on the app once it is downloaded and it will install itself then once that is done double click on app again and game will open

when later builds come out make sure to uninstall older build then run the new build
Did that, Nothing happens. At all... Silence...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 11:29:35 am »

- Horrific interface (hold F one second too long on the palisade and it'll get immediatly destroyed? Are you kidding me?);
- P2P;
- Obviously console-oriented interface (in a fucking survival game);
- Lack of any explanation whatsoever what you're supposed to do;
Yeah, fuck this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:35:26 am by Dariush »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:51 am »

- Horrific interface (hold F one second too long on the palisade and it'll get immediatly destroyed? Are you kidding me?);
- P2P;
Yeah, fuck this.
You do realize you're on the Dwarf Fortress forum? And that this "game" is a pre-alpha?
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:15 am »

- P2P;
Yeah, fuck this.

Horrific interface and lack of explanation actually also applies to DF.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 12:20:41 pm »

Did that, Nothing happens. At all... Silence...

weird did you unrar etc then open TownseedAlpha.application to install then click again to play

If still having issues post on 8-bit funding under Townseed or his blog and should get a fast response

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

- P2P;

So basically it's on the way to becoming DF.
Imokaywiththis.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5