Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Turn 3.  (Read 9549 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Turn 3.
« on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:44 am »

Rahul stands before a summoning circle surrounded by the gravestones. He has no time to admire the peaceful atmosphere. The mage has contacted the supervisor of the upcoming war not too long ago. Five servants have already been summoned - the first one to enter this world was Caster, then followed by Assassin, Saber, Berserker and Rider. Having rented only a small flat, Rahul went to the graveyard to summon his servant. Despite his personal philosophy, magic must be hidden from humanity. Not obeying that rule would put one in danger, as the Association quickly deal with any potential threats. Performing the Summoning in the flat would be a risky move, since if anyone witnessed the ritual, it would be very difficult to dispose of any witnesses without drawing suspicion.
 Rahul places a black spearhead in the middle of the summoning circle. Obtaining the artifact was not an easy task, yet all that effort would pay off soon. The man starts chanting as the circle starts to glow from the magical energy gathered for the spell. The glow keeps getting brighter until it turns into a blinding flash, causing the mage to cover his eyes and stop chanting.
 Lancer looks at the spearhead placed in front of him. It is definitely a part of the weapon he used to wield, but apparently after his death the weapon was tainted so much that it even obtained a black tint. Such desecration will not be tolerated. The servant holds the spearhead in his hand and channels a small amount of his energy into it. Instantly, the black spearhead turns into a pure white lance. Having reunited with his weapon, Lancer smiles and only then notices the man in front of him. It is obvious who he is, but to form a contract, it still has to be made official.
 "I am the servant Lancer, summoned to participate in the Holy Grail War and be the weapon of my master. Are you the one who called me?"
 The man is still surprised by how sudden the appearance of his servant was, yet he reacts calmly.
"Yes, I, Rahul Streiber, am your master. Sadly, we have no time for proper introductions, since there is one thing we need to do right now. Follow me."
  Kira walks through the corridors of the large manor she rented. The woman had only arrived last evening and didn't have time to explore her new living place, so she got up early to spend some time examining every room and every trinket.
 Suddenly, a particular door catches Kira's attention. An ornate bronze door with golden ornaments. Behind it, the young mage finds a large chamber with many chests and weapon racks. A room where someone had kept all their riches hundreds of years ago. Yet most treasures are gone. In the chests are a few silver and golden coins and various trinkets of lesser worth. Mounted on a wall is an ornate bow that radiates magical energy.
 Kira jumps, startled by the unexpected intrusion.
 "W-What are you doing in my house!?"
 "Do you think I'm a fool? I can't let anyone summon Archer for this Grail War so I'm going to destroy that bow."
 "...What? Archer? Grail War?"
 She's completely oblivious. However people like that may prove to be useful tools...
 "...So, you don't know anything about the Grail War? Fine. Now, if you want to live, you will help me. Do as I say."
 "...O-ok?"
 Rahul watches the other mage with judging eyes.
 "...Pathetic..."
 Suddenly, both mages are startled by a loud noise.
 "It's coming from the library!" Kira shouts and quickly runs towards the room to see what happened. Rahul let's out a sigh and calmly walks towards the library as well.
 "Are you going to manipulate her, master?" A voice says.
 "...I'm afraid she's too stupid to be useful. If she did summon Archer, we would at least have one of the strongest servants on our side. Now let's go see what happened...Also we will probably be staying here. This location has a good concentration of magic energy and it would be hard to hide you in my flat."
 Archer stands in the middle of a room with many bookshelves - most knocked down by the burst of energy released from his summoning. Due to the faulty summoning, he is at about half strength and knows that he won't regain all of it during this Grail War, because it would require at least a year. Suddenly, a young woman enters the room and the servant comes to the first possible conclusion.
 "I ask you - are you my...No, there is no way you could be my master..."
 Kira just stands in place, paralyzed by shock and unable to respond.
 Another mage enters the room. Archer can also sense a servant in spirit form. Lancer materializes, ready to fight if the situation calls for it and almost gives Kira a heart attack...

(IMPORTANT: Post your actions in the OOC thread. I want to keep this thread as IC as possible, so this thread is only for turns and RP.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:09:30 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FSN RTD (All spots taken, no waitlist.): Opening.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 06:06:41 am »

The peculiar man wakes up immediately after crashing against the bookshelves with a thundering noise, destroying the ones he falls exactly on top of and causing many others to oscilate and gently nudge the remaining to meet the ground in a chain reaction. Archer's eyes snap open and he quickly scans and examines the surrounding area, managing to feel two magi and one Servant in the Chambers below him. The sound of creaking wood and the racket of several hard cover books hitting the cold floor as stray pages fly everywhere makes it clear he is inside a library...And that familiar ceiling which seems to have changed so little in centuries indicates he seems to be back home, although not exactly using the means he expected to.

Something is wrong and although he was summoned, his strength just does not seem to be all there, as if he was incomplete. He attempts to move his arms and sit and in the process realizes that as he thought, all of his movements and finer flourishes seem sluggish and inappropriate, as if a ten-year-old girl with a magic wand and grandiose dreams had suddenly decided to summon a Servant to be her playtoy and did so with the same ability as a four-year-old with several mental issues. And the chosen Servant was him. The situation obviously did not favor Archer. He sighs, pushes his back against the bookshelves and spins in the air to land some meters away from the trainwreck part of the library had become.

Then both the magi and Servant arrive. Archer's eyes narrow as they enter the library and he feels a link bonding him...to the young woman who looks like the aforementioned girl.
"I ask you - are you my...No, there is no way you could be my master..."
 Archer sighs and shrugs. He is at half his usual power and there is no way he will be able to retrieve or restore all of it back to normal levels. The Holy Grail War does have a limitation on how much you are allowed to waste your time, after all.
"I think there is no denying. As they say, accepting the disaster as it beckons you may be the best course of action."
 He stares intently at the woman.
"Hello, disaster. I am Servant Archer."
 He took a pause, smiled mischievously and continued.
"And I really hope you have not summoned me by accident. In fact, I believe you have not summoned out of your own will at all, judging by how poorly you fared."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:36:17 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:32:08 am »

Lancer steps forward, spear pointed downwards in a non-aggressive, yet easily accessed stance. He positioned himself between this new Servant, probably Archer, and his master, eyes narrowing in slight suspicion. "Archer, huh... State your intentions." His stance was regal, that of a man in command, that of one who was used to being answered, yet not cocky or assuming. His eyes stayed focused, despite the chaos around the four, directly on the face and upper torso of Archer, as if watching him, daring him to do something. After a moment of silence, Lancer shifted his stance slightly.
 "I am Lancer, Knight of the Spear, Servant to the Magus standing behind me, Rahul Streiber. At this point in time, I would prefer no conflict, as I'm sure we are both weakened because of our respective summons. Yet, I stand ready to act if you have hostility in your thoughts and heart. What do you, Archer, Knight of the Bow?"

The voice was deep, but not incredibly so. The accent was subtle, definitely European, but it was so mild that one could not guess unless they also were from that region of Europe. The tone was definite, resolute, and the inflection archaic, as to be expected of a Servant. The message sent was clear: Is this the part where we engage in battle, Archer? Lancer tilted his head slightly to the side, allowing his eyes to soak in the detail of the Servant he was facing, the body structure, stance, facial expression, even the state of his clothes and hair. His cheek twitched once, during all of this, which he seemed to ignore. Slight shimmers ran down the completely snow-white spear in his hand, as if the light was reflecting off it's entire length, unsure which angle provided the most glamour. As he studied Archer, waited and listened for a reply, he slowly, idly began to shift the spear in his grip, twisting it around in a circle and pulling his grip closer to the blade of the weapon, a mental carry-over from his life as a Hero, no doubt.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:06:44 am »

Archer eyes the Servant in front of him, the man who nonchalantly points his Noble Phantasm at a weapon master, and although he is not to blame, Archer can't help but smirk slightly at the sight of the spear Lancer is wielding.
"Answering what you seem to be implying with your eyes and actions, I see no need to fight at the moment. And I am very curious, were you also summoned on top of bookshelves and several feet away from where the ritual took place? If so, I suspect this may be the Holy Grail War with the highest amount of incompetent Masters ever seen in its history."
 He crosses his arms over his chest and starts to absorb the situation he is in while occasionally taking peeks at the people gathered in the room. His Master seems to have a large reserve of magical energy, but she also appears to be very inefficient in controlling its flow.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:02:58 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:34:10 am »

The summoning...was mostly a disaster. Kira could see that as she rushed towards the library, her fear on whatever she might have summoned apparent in her steps and motions. She could hear Rahul following behind her as they climbed the steps of the manor. The funny thing was, she had conceded to the agreement so easily like a child to candy! But she did admit, the man seemed more powerful and knowledgeable than she, and there was a lot of pressure in his words...

It did not matter, she tried to move her hands as she stared at the sight unfolding beyond her in the library, but they were locked in place beside her as she looked on. All those books, now jumbled away from their respective positions and worse yet, there was an other-man standing in their midst. And what could be worse than him? Something just like him materializing next to her weilding a huge weapon! Magic was known to Kira at a young age, but this was just crazy. The law of conversation of matter didn't even work here. That other-man just materialized from thin air!

They spoke, with weapons more than words. She could see their eyes scrutinizing each other's form, perhaps looking for similarities maybe? The one with a bow was intimidating, to say the least. She had to know more, through her shock.

Her arms and legs felt like lead, and she felt beads of sweat forming at her forehead as the other-man spoke to her. Great. This didn't look good. She tried to come up with a reply, but felt nothing come out or heard anything else but their voices. She cast a 'help me!' look at Rahul, but received nothing in reply, as far as she could guess. It was good that Rahul's other-man spoke in her stead, but this would go out of hand.

"W-what is g-going on?" she said to Rahul. "Why are they armed in my home? What are they talking about?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:20:30 am »

The man accepts Lancer's silent negative and starts to walk towards the small group with firm, balanced and stern steps which affirm his nature as a warrior. He halts in front of his Master and looks down upon her.
"Hey girl. If you have not understood so far, my name is 'Archer' and I am your Servant. Unfortunately I do not have any books with colorful pictures and large-print words for you to get what is going on."

He moves around the group and nonchalantly paces towards the kitchen in the same uncaring way.
"We should move to a place were we can talk properly, the destroyed library does not seem to be the perfect place for a tactical reunion. I think some people here may have questions or matters to discuss."

Archer nods towards Kira while leaving the book-strewn room. If his manor had not changed so much as the time passed, then the kitchen remained one of the largest and more secure parts of the building.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:23:28 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:12 am »

Kira returned the nod with a fixed gaze. Servants? Masters? The only time she held any such title was...about never actually. His words sounded natural though, not one of a malevolent ghost or entity. This, she knew at least, for that other-man who went by the name of Archer felt magical in composition, she guessed.

She took one more glance at Rahul, feeling herself cooldown a bit, though with hands still trembling from the event and turned back to Archer, following him down the stairs.

"Hey, w-wait! What about the library! I never hired you!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 11:36:40 am »

Archer keeps moving dowstairs without even turning to look back.
"The damage inflicted upon the library was caused by the terrible performance of the summoner. It was not within my list of priorities to be smashed against bookshelves upon being called forth into the physical world. You should also know that I am currently at half my normal strength due to faulty summoning, while the norm would only be the depletion of my reserves of energy."

He smiles darkly as he reaches the end of the staircase.
"And that means your chances of survival are actually slim."
>Yes?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:43 pm »

Rahul walked along with a steady step and his arms crossed in front of him. Most of the time he said nothing, letting Lancer and Archer 'discuss' terms. As much to test Lancer's resolve as to press Archer.

The girl was a complete incompetent. Such a powerful magic relic to summon with, and even with Rahul's expert assistance the summoning is flawed at best. The Magi considered his logic at allowing such a person to summon archer, instead of just killing her on the spot. It was probably her looks that saved her, Rahul considers himself above most mages, but he is still human. Much to his irritation at times.

The tall man answers her questions eventually as they follow Archer.
"I told you before, this is the Holy Grail War, you summoned that servant to fight. It was either follow my instructions and work with me or be eliminated. I had not meant to force you as I understood that would warp the summoning, however, I had hoped you would do better than this."

Rahul looked out a window as they walked through the hallway to the kitchen. It was still morning, the other servants would probably be in hiding during the day. However, with such a high profile building, they were likely to get visitors at least scouting if not making an assault. If Rahul knew about the bow, then there's the possibility that at least Caster knew as well, if not the other Masters.
"Girl what ma..."
Rahul paused and sighed.
"What is your name? I can hardly keep calling you Girl all the time."
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 01:26:49 pm »

Archer watches Rahul with his peripheral vision as he finally finds the kitchen. Of course it had changed while he was gone, but both the structure and the strong foundations were still the same.
"So you were the person who induced her into summoning me. I have the slight impression you did it under the assumption you could take advantage of the fact she is naive and oblivious to what exactly is the Grail War...Aside from other reasons, maybe having to do with the fact she is a woman. I have to say it would actually be a good idea, but unfortunately the ritual was terribly flawed."

He leans on a wall and sighs.
"As it stands, I am weakened to the point my strength has been cut down to the half of its normal level and recovering my power would take one full year, which is obviously not a feasible choice. And yes, I am not afraid of revealing that because trying to hide it would be useless and futile if we analyze our situation. I assume you still want a temporary alliance to deal with the harshest threats, such as Berserker."

His eyes glint and he smiles faintly, as if the outlook of the events sounded funny to him.
"And this property is strategically positioned. I would not be surprised if one of the first targets of the other Masters happened to be here. Setting up a defensive perimeter would be the sane thing to do...And I think you should assist my bumbling Master. I really doubt she really ever had to focus her energies in anything even remotely connected to combat."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:39:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:54 pm »

Kira ignored Archer's comments as they made their way down. It wasn't like it was her fault she didn't know anything about what was going on. She was threatened at about half a day ago and easily goaded into submission through the premise of 'if you value your life', and none of them even took it seriously! It was like mage school all over again, you couldn't trust your own spells and mentors, unless you knew how to keep eyes around you...

They were all in the kitchen now, the four of them. She looked at Rahul and firstly decided to answer him. In full. "My name is Kira, which is also my nickname. Kira T. Rion. Mostly of Asian descent, with my mother being Japanese. Father was particularly of Western blood.

And just call me Kira, Mr. Forgetful."

Her worries had died down, mostly. Despite being surrounded by strange men, with the countenance of hardened killers, she wouldn't appear weak to them. Well, not weaker than what her shock had come through.

She inclined her head at Archer while leaning against the kitchen wall. The very same kitchen she vowed to clean up until all this happened. As it seemed everything was back in (or at least in what seemed to be) it's serene nature, she decided to ask this Servant some questions.

"Alright, Archer. I have a few questions for you as a Servant. Firstly tell me why you call me your Master. I don't own you, or was this related to the summoning thing? Secondly, why are we talking about a Grail War? I know that magic is unheard of, but I've never known the Arthurian Legend to be as true as reality." Kira shrugged, if reality partly meant self-materialization out of nothingness, she wasn't sure she was even in reality anymore. "Thirdly, the Crusades are finished, right? So...we are somewhat in one of them? The Holy Grail War, as you said. Fourthly, could you explain to me the use of all these? You speak of other Masters out there like they were threats. What are they and why should I care?

"Lastly, stop referring to me as a toy. I am not your 'woman' nor am I a belligerent idiot.

"Rahul, why did your...Servant, I take it, bring a weapon into this place?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »

Archer idly stares at the nearest wall before sighing and starting the necessary explanations.
"You are my Master because you have summoned me for the Holy Grail War, which is said to be the vessel of ultimate power, energy enough to grant the ones who end as victors in the War, both Servant and Master, a wish. I am bound to you...Although that may not stand for too long depending on how you deal with the situation."

He smiled slightly before continuing with his explanation.
"There are no ongoing Crusades as far as I know, and we receive enough information to be familiarized with the era we are summoned upon. As for the matter of the other Masters, they obviously also want the Grail, which can theoretically be materialized solely when only one Servant stands. The main problem would be that killing the Master is usually enough to cause the Servant to disappear, since the latter are linked to the former. Human magi are better targets than supernatural spirits capable of superhuman feats, and you should care about it lest you be killed very, very violently.

If you happen to be lucky, the kindest Masters would think it enough to rip off your Command Spell, which is usually grafted onto one of your arms, consequently ripping it off as well. On the subject of the Command Spell, you should most certainly save them for life-or-death occasions. If you lose all of your spells, you are no longer a Master and consequently, are considered worthless. But even then you may end up killed or worse, and with more ease than if you had decided to not relinquish your rights.

And I am not referring to you as a toy, only as incompetent, which you most certainly are."

Archer goes back to seemingly staring at a random wall as Kira asks Rahul a question he could have easily answered.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:06:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 03:59:20 am »

"His Servant brought a weapon into your home in order to protect him." Lancer says, calmly, his eyes levelled on Kira. His arms are crossed, and his spear is gone now. He tilts his head slightly. "Said weapon is also a weapon of legendary caliber, I doubt it's likes could be seen anywhere else aside from the Grail War." He shrugs, as he begins to stride outside. "I'm going to scout out the perimeter, since our actual scout seems to be currently indisposed." A sharp jab at Archer, no doubt. Lancer smirked slightly as he walked away, dematerialising on his way out.

As he left, in spirit form, he began to think on his current situation. Before, in his life, he was a King of his people. Now, he had no one to lead. He had lost the war, and his people probably damned his name as they were slaughtered. What was his purpose being here? He thought that he had no reason to be in the Grail War. What was his goal? To reset events and win the war? What? Or was his purpose here merely to be detriment to others getting the Grail?
 He wrenched his thoughts away from that thought. This alliance would turn out to be the end of both him and his Master, in most likelihood. His Master, while obviously an experienced Magus... Archer had no intentions to be used, that was obvious. Even if they had an alliance, Lancer was going to keep an eye on both Kira and Archer. Whatever their goals are, let them have them. He wouldn't let them beat him, or his Master.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 04:07:37 am »

Kira nodded slightly at the answer of Rahul's...servant. Everyone seemed to be on edge from what happened, and she calmed herself down. These were knowledgeable people, with no direct intent of killing her currently.

Though, the comments of Archer were painful, moreso to her own ego than her pride. It was good that she primarily listened to her super ego instead. She straightened up and approached the stairs, still slightly shaken by the information her servant had given her.

"I'll...be in the library then. Researching all of this and the War."

"At least now I know why they were selling this place at a low value..." she muttered to herself, the only sound being her footsteps as she climbed the stairwell.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 04:32:52 am »

Rahul scowls at the use of his first name, but says nothing. He turns to the servants as the girl leaves.
"I suggest you two de-materialize. Especially if you are feeling underpowered."
He says this last with a glimpse at Archer before turning and heading to the library himself.

He finds mostly what he expected, Kira is scanning shelves of old books, looking for books on 'the holy grail' , the crusades, and the Arthurian legend. It takes him only a moment to find a book on the theory of Sorcery, or the 'True Magics'. He offers it to Kira.
"This is what you want. The holy grail isn't a cup from the crusades, or a legend that holds the blood of the savior or whatever else nonsense in popular culture. It is the pure manifestation of the 3rd True Magic. It is the materialization of the soul, and the two servants we have summoned are the proof of such. The war itself is a ritual between 7 magi and seven servants to summon the grail. The remaining pair will have their wishes granted by the grail itself."
He pauses to make sure she is understanding how serious this all is.
"For whatever reason, the grail has deemed you worthy and sent a servant under your control. This means you must have at least some desire for the grail to grant you, yes? Myself, Lancer, and Archer too all have such wishes, as I imagine do the enemy Magi. To accomplish such wishes the other masters will fight, pitting servants powers against each other. As there can only be one pair left at the end, our own agreement is temporary at best, and why Lancer and Archer confronted each other so upon meeting."

He finishes his little speech with a warning.
"I do not know what sort of magic you use, but I advise you now, if you come up against a servant let Archer to the fighting directly. You will not stand a chance."
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5