Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Equivalent Exchange for Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 8733 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Equivalent Exchange for Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »

Due to having reactions to break down and build items of any material, I reccomend you store your materials in custom workshops similar to the display case or lumber stockpile mods.

... Huh?
He means this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
their only purpose is to be made from a crap ton of items for "storage"

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 08:04:40 am »

Cool stuff. Posting to watch.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »

Yes that's the workshop I was referring to!

I think you can create containers based on the item_tools.txt objects, but that's out of my expertise, so yeah, I can't really say for sure.

If anything, you can make them store EMC in barrels and stone pots or such.

Or maybe you could try vials?

Go look for adventure mods (like Lofn's Wanderer's Friend) and reverse-engineer the potion making raws to get a feel of how they fill vials with liquid materials/substances.

I can attest that containers created as custom tools do indeed work!  Liquid containers will take any liquid, meal containers will take meals, and containers without those tags work as bags.

if you could give me a minute I seem to have lost my chalice... ...found it!
item_idunno

[OBJECT:ITEM]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CHALICE]
[NAME:chalice:chalices]
[VALUE:10]
[HARD_MAT]
[BARRED]
[TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[TILE:13]
[SIZE:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:10]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PAIL]
[NAME:pail:pails]
[VALUE:10]
[HARD_MAT]
[BARRED]
[TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[TILE:248]
[SIZE:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:1000]

and yes I do have reactions to make them from skulls if you want.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:29:00 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 04:48:58 am »

Hey guys, remember this?

Welp, I've finally started on this again, and got a super-early, very crappy pre-alpha version up, which has:
- all the workshops (Though I accidentally messed up the in-progress tiles for the Mold... I'll fix that later)
- all creation furnace reactions (though most don't work yet)
- grey and light grey alchemical stone creation reactions (at the Mold, nothing else besides the Furnace has reactions yet)
- The Creation Forge, for testing purposes (mostly helps with getting adamantine for the workshops)

Mostly just releasing this just to keep this lurching forward... If anyone else wants to contribute or modify this mod, feel free to go ahead and do so. Just post what you've got here.
I would not mind at all turning this into a collaborative mod.

EDIT: A link would be helpful, wouldn't it?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 03:53:54 pm »

I feel this is due for a revival.

EDIT: Aaaand I now realize that I have more or less completely forgotten how to mod Dwarf Fortress...

Well, at least I now have a better idea for storing EMC, rather then just using barrels: Make Klein Stars out of gems.
Just trying to think of what else should be used to make them...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:22:32 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »

You're going to have to make a seperate material for each individual amount the klein star will hold. I think barrels are better.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 06:12:43 pm »

You're going to have to make a seperate material for each individual amount the klein star will hold. I think barrels are better.

But I already have that; Gaseous EMC, (Which I think costs 10 stone) Viscous EMC, (Which is 10 Gaseous) and Solid EMC (Which is 10 Viscous, and doesn't need a barrel. It's also a stone, so you COULD use it as a VERY expensive building material, if you wanted...)

I'd just have to have a klein star container, and I'd probably add fuel conversions as well (2 Charcoal -> 1 coke, 4 coke -> 1 mobius fuel) so I could make the klein stars require 4 mobius fuel each to make.
I'm also considering the idea of Tiered klein stars, where higher-tiers are made with higher-value gems, and are allowed to store EMC of increasing density. (Ein would store Gaseous, Zwei would store Viscous, and Drei would store Solid)

However, the idea of holding the raw, roiling stuff of pure creation in a wooden barrel does also have its draw...

Pages: 1 2 [3]